[UNIFIED] OP6 Battery/Heating Issues and Tips: Share Your Stats, SOT & How To Improve Battery Life !

1. jvidia
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2018

2. MRTJ
    Cupcake Jun 25, 2018

VET828 likes this.
  3. MRTJ
    Cupcake Jun 25, 2018

MRTJ , Jun 25, 2018 :
    1529967003014.jpg
    3hrs of screen on time running 5.1.8 that's it's absolutely trash. I used to get 5 hrs of maybe 4 if I was playing games, on the older version of oxygen OS

VET828 and jaimon like this.
  4. kiranreddyjs
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2018

5. jvidia
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2018

jvidia , Jun 26, 2018 :
    If it's heating up and the battery is going down then something must be working hard in backgroud in the 5.1.8!

6. Shubh1713
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2018

VET828 likes this.
  7. sinzx2
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2018

sinzx2 , Jun 26, 2018 :
    never have problem with my oneplus 6. my battery last like before the update 6-7hrs sot

8. MRTJ
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2018

MRTJ , Jun 26, 2018 :
    what about after the update?

9. sinzx2
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2018

sinzx2 , Jun 26, 2018 :
    after the update 5.1.8 my battery never have problem like battery drain. so far so good, i dont know why you guys have battery drain problem.

10. mindmaster25
    Donut Jun 26, 2018

11. karthik yadawad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2018

karthik yadawad , Jun 26, 2018 :
    only use the apps which their at the time of purchase
    you will have better battery life.

12. karthik yadawad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2018

13. VET828
    Eclair Jun 26, 2018

VET828 , Jun 26, 2018 :
    Srry i cant understand u

Thats mean doesn't use it!

14. MRTJ
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2018

15. VET828
    Eclair Jun 26, 2018

VET828 , Jun 26, 2018 :
    All this people and me have same proplem my frind

Belive me its a big problem

And u are lucky yr phone its great

mindmaster25 likes this.
  16. E1528916200980
    Eclair Jun 26, 2018

E1528916200980 , Jun 26, 2018 :
    A solution was posted for this issue.
    I have copied it, so here it goes:

Hi All,

Before we begin, let me clarify that battery backup and SOT depends on your usage and may differ from user to user, however if you follow the below, you would surely get better results.

These are some of the basic settings that i use on most of my Android Device, so lets begin with Calibrating the Battery !!

What is Calibrating a Battery?

The Android operating system has a feature called Battery Stats, which keeps track of battery capacity, when it is full or empty. The problem is that it sometimes becomes corrupted and starts displaying data that isn’t real, which, for example, causes the phone to turn off before it reaches 0 percent. Calibrating your Android battery simply means getting the Android Operating System to correct this information so it is reflective of your actual battery levels once again.

How to Correct the Battery?

1. Fully charge your device (Battery Percentage 100%), then turn off the device and continue charging the phone in power off state for 3 hours (OnePlus phones have a mechanism to prevent any damage to battery for excessive charging 100%)

2. Unplug your device, Power it on and use it normally until the battery is completely drained then eave the device idle for 5 hours (No Charging).

Repeat 1 and 2 three or more times, so the “digital voltmeter” deviation can be corrected.

In addition, don’t repeat the charge and discharge cycle of battery more than 50 hours else it will mess up the calibration adjustment and could be harmful for battery health.

Also You can leave your mobile turned off occasionally at night, which might help the “digital voltmeter” be more accurate.

Its not recommended to perform this process regularly, at the most, perform this process once every three months to keep your battery calibrated.

Lets move on to recommended OS settings:

I Disable/Turn off all the stuff that i don't need and only turn it on when required:

Google Play Store > Settings > Do not Auto update app
    Turn off Notification > Apps were Auto Updated

Chrome > Settings > Data Saver On

Turn Off Google Now / Assistant (I use them seldom)

Settings > Google > Search > Voice > Disable OK Google Detection

Settings > Google > Search > Disable Your Feed

Settings > Wi-Fi > Settings > Switch Off > Smart Wifi Switcher, Scanning Always & Network Notification

Settings > Location > Scanning > Turn off WiFi & Bluetooth Scanning

Bluetooth, GPS, NFC (Turn on only when needed)

Disable Gestures that you don't use

Disable Adaptive Brightness

Enable Doze Mode from Developer Options and Activate Advanced Optimizations under Batter Optimizations (Dont Optimize Frequent Notification Apps like Social Media and Messaging apps )

Under Developer Options Enable App WLAN Multi/Broadcastting Filter

Set Window and Transition scale to 0.5

Settings > Backup & Reset > Turn Off Backup My Data (Reduces Android System Drain) - Can be turned on once a week for a day of you don't have any other means to backup your data.

Settings > Advance > Recent App Management > Normal Clear

You may also Disable Auto Sync & Turn on when needed (Optional depending on requirement)

Further Tune the experimental feature which are hidden in settings:

Apps Auto Launch

Aggressive Doze & App Hibernation Settings

Autorun when Power Up

Required Nova Launcher

Widgets > Activities > Message Centre > Apps Auto Launch

You can also go through this and this thread for more tips.

These were some of the basic tips that i wanted to share, if i get good response ill share pro tips for rooted users which will further enhance your user experience and better the standby times.

I shall upload some screenshots for the stats.

I look forward to your feedback !!

Cheers

17. VET828
    Eclair Jun 26, 2018

VET828 , Jun 26, 2018 :
    Thank u for help

But sure i do that befor i post my proplem

Update its the cause.

18. VET828
    Eclair Jun 26, 2018

VET828 , Jun 26, 2018 :
    Thank u for help

But sure i do that befor i post my proplem

Update its the cause.

19. manas.dutta
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2018

manas.dutta , Jun 26, 2018 :
    I didn' have to do all this to get the desired battery backup when I was on the previous version so having to do all these steps to retain battery backup doesn't make sense to me. OP should be up with a solution in their next OTA update.

VET828 likes this.
  20. G_Arshdeep_Singh_Xddp
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2018

PAVAN PAWAR likes this.