[UNIFIED] OP6 Battery/Heating Issues and Tips: Share Your Stats, SOT & How To Improve Battery Life !

1. Majuran thas
    Honeycomb Jul 9, 2018

Majuran thas , Jul 9, 2018 :
    thanks sir.

thanks for your information...

I was afraid of repairing.... thank you so much

2. Elaitscha
    Eclair Jul 9, 2018

OPOBEAST likes this.
  3. apaul2
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2018

apaul2 , Jul 9, 2018 :

I got my phone replaced and seem to have the same problem. I figured out that it is related to the WiFi. If I charge with the WiFi on then the phone heats up to ~42*C. If I keep the WiFi off then the phone stays at about 30*C while charging. When it's not charging the phone is at 26*C.

In fact, as soon as I turn the WiFi off the phone starts to cool down.

Is this a software issue that can be addressed in later updates? Can anyone confirm that they observe the same behavior?

4. X1527172746353
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2018

5. apaul2
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2018

apaul2 , Jul 9, 2018 :
    It is NOT normal. Please see my post:

6. SAMD11
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2018

7. Majuran thas
    Honeycomb Jul 9, 2018

Majuran thas , Jul 9, 2018 :
    hi
    even I put in aeroplane mode, my phone gets 41'c.

what is your phone cover?
    did you remove while charging?

my cover is nylon bumper. I didn't remove it while charging

8. apaul2
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2018

apaul2 , Jul 9, 2018 :
    I don't have a cover. I'll put in some screenshots later.

Majuran thas likes this.
  9. sagarshenoy
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2018

sagarshenoy , Jul 9, 2018 :
    Every single time there is a battery drain issue, some DIEHARD ONEPLUS FANS AND PEOPLE WITH THEIR PHONES WORKING PROPERLY come to tell that, send your battery usage statistics, clear cache in recovery, delete unwanted apps, weak cellular signal and other shit. I don't understand why these dumb people don't accept the fact that this year's oneplus 6 has got a bad Battery life. Especially due to the SCREEN draining a lot of battery. But people just don't get it. They say use your phone less. Weak cellular battery drains issue etcetera.

10. fsm0106
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2018

11. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 9, 2018

pablofg1978 , Jul 9, 2018 :
    Merged

12. Dodkrake
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2018

Dodkrake , Jul 9, 2018 :
    All my previous phones heated up considerably more when using network services and charging at the same time. Must have all been faulty. Also, none of them had fast charge.

13. apaul2
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2018

apaul2 , Jul 9, 2018 :
    Dodkrake

All my previous phones heated up considerably more when using network services and charging at the same time. Must have all been faulty. Also, none of them had fast charge.

I am aware that phones heat up when they have to work and charge. However, this phone heats up to abnormal temperatures that I haven't seen before (been using smartphones since the HTC BrickPhone days) even taking into account the quick charge feature and the fact that it happens even at night when the phone activity is minimal or non-existent.

what I am pointing out is a 10*C difference in temperature while charging with WiFi on vs. without WiFi on is not normal. I would be ok with 5 or 6*C. Not 10*C which is also about 14*C above what it normally operates at.

14. Elaitscha
    Eclair Jul 9, 2018

Elaitscha , Jul 9, 2018 :
    Guys, clearing: All we can do right now, is waiting for the 5.1.10 Oxygen-Update, or be aware of (if you have a new device) updating to 5.1.8 ..That's what I'm doing at the moment and you should do it too. Thanks.

15. ngydat
    Lollipop Jul 9, 2018

ngydat , Jul 9, 2018 :
    I don't think people asking for information like battery statistics are denying the issue. But you can't expect to be helped properly if you don't give all the information.

I'm not sure if the comparison is good but it's as if you're visiting your doctor and telling him/her that you have a stomach ache without telling when it started, what you were doing before that, etc...

16. Dpka008
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2018

Dpka008 , Jul 9, 2018 :
    I had purchased the phone on 3rd July , post 3-4days the battery started draining out pretty fast.. when it came to images the pictures were quite dull and washed off .. there is no clarity and it is difficult to focus .. I took the phone to service centre and made them compare with the demo phone .. the difference was very much visible,yet the service centre guys turned the blind eye towards it and said there is no difference and we have just done a software update .. there is no problem with your phone .. nothing can be done .. I showed the difference in pictures to everyone present in the store apart from store employees and everyone agreed to the difference.. I am not understanding why am I deprived of the proper support within just a week of buying a new phone! is this how you maintain the reputation by turning a blind eye towards visible defect in the device.

17. Onejensen
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2018

Onejensen , Jul 9, 2018 :
    Flashed a rollback version to 5.16 and then update to 5.1.7. works perfect.

18. Jack_Sparrow_
    Eclair Jul 9, 2018

Jack_Sparrow_ , Jul 9, 2018 :
    1531173875190.jpg

1531173875229.jpg
    Today is going great!!! I noticed that some day battery seems could last forever and some days you just cover the day. That's strange

19. goyal4577
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

goyal4577 , Jul 10, 2018 :
    try using your phone in airplane mode while connected to WiFi, if still battery drainage is same then contact service center. I m confident it won't be the same.

20. Dodkrake
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 10, 2018

Dodkrake , Jul 10, 2018 :
    Show us tour comparative studies. My OnePlus one reached almost 50 on the same tasks, my Mi5 got to 40+, and I live in Ireland, which is a cold country.