[UNIFIED] OP6 Battery/Heating Issues and Tips: Share Your Stats, SOT & How To Improve Battery Life !

1. jazzib
    Donut Aug 28, 2018

2. Michizuri
    Eclair Aug 28, 2018

3. damnitjoshua
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2018

Stickied Post
    damnitjoshua , Aug 28, 2018 :
    I've found a way to dramatically improve battery life on the OnePlus 6 by accident. As many of you know, battery life has gotten worse on 5.1.11 for many, including me. I've tried various methods including installing (Greenify), turning off certain features, etc.

Last Wednesday, I turned on Data Saver because my quota was almost due. Since then, I've noticed significant battery improvements. I've been observing just to make sure that the results I'm getting are consistent before making a claim, and it did. Standby battery usage is now a 1 to 2 percent drop as supposed to 9 to 10 percent at a time spend of 7 to 8 hours. Screen on time has also improved by more than an hour.

So for those struggling with battery life on 5.1.11, try this. A little disclaimer though, I can't guarantee this will work for you as well as it did for me cause you know, there's a lot of different factor that come into play when it comes to battery life.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018

4. Catalin_Buzescu
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2018

Catalin_Buzescu , Aug 28, 2018 :
    Hi Joshua. Although it seems basically like very little to no connection to battery drain, I am really curios as to others' experience with your tweak. I, myself, encountered 0 problems with this update (6-7 hr sot over a time span of 48hrs). But let's see if others can get better results with these.
    To enable data saver settings - - > data usage - - > upper right 3 dots - - > data saver.

Good luck to all!

Sargo likes this.
  5. Aks41179
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2018

Aks41179 , Aug 28, 2018 :
    Well, this is something you don't see every day on forum.. Keep it up buddy!!

6. damnitjoshua
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2018

Yeah, I was surprised that little tweak made such a big difference to battery life when theoretically it has nothing to do with it. The best battery life I had in the phone was when 5.1.8 was on it, everything went downhill after that in terms of battery life. But yeah, curious to see if others can improve battery life with this tweak.

7. Catalin_Buzescu
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2018

Let's see if it gets any app stalling or not sending notifications in time
    I will try it myself, with messaging and phone apps not restricted

8. Deactivated User
    Aug 28, 2018

9. rahuldw181
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2018

rahuldw181 , Aug 28, 2018 :

damnitjoshua

Yeah, I was surprised that little tweak made such a big difference to battery life when theoretically it has nothing to do with it. The best battery life I had in the phone was when 5.1.8 was on it, everything went downhill after that in terms of battery life. But yeah, curious to see if others can improve battery life with this tweak.​

it's a known thing/trick since OnePlus 3 but congratulations for rediscovery

10. damnitjoshua
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2018

Really? That's awesome! I'm kinda new to OnePlus so I didn't know this previously. Weird thing is that if this is a known trick to save battery life, why isn't anyone mentioning it? Hardly see anyone stating this in the forums.

Budruel likes this.
  11. rahuldw181

rahuldw181 , Aug 28, 2018 :
    yes. but everyone is expecting good battery backup by default

12. sabinut86
    Donut Aug 28, 2018

sabinut86 , Aug 28, 2018 :
    mine also after the last update. But not in all of the days. still not sure what app is causing the drain

13. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams
    Lollipop Aug 28, 2018

14. Sargo

Sargo , Aug 28, 2018 :
    have you whitelisted any apps or just enabled the data saver?
    Ive got few apps that constant connection is a must as I use them at/for work and just was wondering if its worth it while white listing some

15. abid7890
    Eclair Aug 28, 2018

16. Abhi Dahiya

Abhi Dahiya , Aug 28, 2018 :
    This setting has everything to do with battery life since it strictly limits data usage by system and 3rd party apps in the background. And lesser the data fetching by apps, lesser they wake up to connect to servers. That's why battery life improvement is seen.
    MIUI does the same trick through it's battery improvement settings.

Although this might also mean that some apps may not show notifications as frequently and can be delayed. So just whitelist the apps one needs for necessary Communication.

Btw i can't understand how some people aren't getting good battery life without it.

17. Catalin_Buzescu
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2018

I agree with you, at least on the last statement. People here can't seem to read a damn battery mega thread. There are always a few things to be done to make things better. I owned a 3 and now a 6 and never once had any problems.
    But life is hard and not for everybody

Budruel likes this.
  18. K1529553249867
    Eclair Aug 28, 2018

K1529553249867 , Aug 28, 2018 :
    1535474157636.jpg
    This is my present battery info..Check SOT. lot of people don't admit poor battery backup but those who r facing such problem knw it..

19. Deactivated User
    Aug 28, 2018

20. Michizuri
    Eclair Aug 28, 2018