[UNIFIED] OP6 Battery/Heating Issues and Tips: Share Your Stats, SOT & How To Improve Battery Life !

1. robin143 Gingerbread Dec 19, 2018

2. MarcW1 Froyo Dec 19, 2018

MarcW1, Dec 19, 2018 :
    I get a whopping 5 hours of screen on time.
    Not impressed and won't be buying from OnePlus again.

3. Joffy_Jose Honeycomb Dec 19, 2018

Joffy_Jose, Dec 19, 2018 :
    me too similar sot [e]263a[/e]️

4. lutti KitKat Dec 19, 2018

5. Sujknair Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2018

Sujknair, Dec 19, 2018 :
    Of course. Apple would secretly throttle your hardware to get *some* battery life.

6. vikaskrsna Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

vikaskrsna, Dec 19, 2018 :
    Looks like you have apart time job here in oneplus community, isn't it. You are replying to many threads and try to prove oneplus has a wingman, you make people thing like 'oneplus pays you or maybe even feed you to do this kinda shit'.

Luap.227 likes this.
  7. Shaileshmdr Froyo Dec 19, 2018

Shaileshmdr, Dec 19, 2018 :
    as far as my OnePlus 6 the battery life is great lasts for a full day without any problem

8. sriramsss87 Donut Dec 19, 2018

sriramsss87, Dec 19, 2018 :
    community I have a update on battery life. I was suffering hard for 2 weeks with poor battery life, complained a lot in forum.

I saw a post that apps running in the background and click adds.

I also faced the add pop up with any reason.

what I did is I went to the developer option and limit the background process to Max 2.

for the past 2 days I am seeing improvement in my battery performance, backup.

hope it helps some one in the group

Luap.227 likes this.
  9. Prcko KitKat Dec 19, 2018

Prcko, Dec 19, 2018 :
    I don't think anything. don't take it personally. I talk about many users here who's have a battery problems. can you show us your battery life? sometimes I have 5 SoT sometimes 8 SoT. it depends how I use my phone. but I don't feel dramatically decrease of battery life after update.

10. shreyaskeer Donut Dec 19, 2018

shreyaskeer, Dec 19, 2018 :
    Agreed LoL [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

11. drl431 KitKat Dec 19, 2018

drl431, Dec 19, 2018 :

Hello, that makes me wonder which 2 apps are chosen for background process!
    Anyway, with a month-old a6003 I'm getting over 8 hours of SOT.
    All apps were installed after 9.0.2 upgrade and battery was fully cycled a few times in the first week.
    Also the auto power-off function is set for 5 hours overnight.

ss1.jpg ss2.jpg ss3.jpg

TonioLS likes this.
  12. The1Lion Lollipop Dec 19, 2018

13. Kytharsis Marshmallow Dec 19, 2018

Kytharsis, Dec 19, 2018 :
    Hippie phone!

The1Lion likes this.
  14. Deactivated User Dec 19, 2018

15. Romario Oliveira Pires Froyo Dec 19, 2018

Romario Oliveira Pires, Dec 19, 2018 :
    This community app is so sh*t lol
    Whatever problem you (and many other people ) are facing, it's always the user's fault according to the OP fanboys who have not been affected by these issues 'yet' and love to take OP's nuts in their mouth.
    All these battery stats indicating horrible battery life and still people want to deny that something is wrong. That you as an individual are not having issues doesn't mean that there are no issues. Maybe there are certain factors which make devices prone to this issue but that doesn't mean it's the user's fault.
    Best part about this is that this exact same issue happened before with OP devices so why is it so difficult to believe that there is an issue.

16. RudyC Donut Dec 19, 2018

RudyC, Dec 19, 2018 :
    i don't get 1 hr SOT with 93% left even in airplane mode. Come on.

if you achieve great battery results, good for you. But why don't you just post a graph showing stats before recharging it?

no one is saying OP sucks, but there are some issues going one with Google play service and this is a fact (check on XDA About it).

As said, Sunday I got to use my phone for the whole day (left in stand by just for short periods of time) and I got 8 hrs SOT with LOWEST Google play service %usage EVER.
    The morning after Google was back to the top and the battery drained.

so what? I have removed Facebook, WhatsApp and everything. what should I do? use this phone as a racket to get more than 3/4 hrs SOT? maybe this is a solution!

This is something happening on most Android phones, not only OP.

17. Luap.227 Eclair Dec 20, 2018

Luap.227, Dec 20, 2018 :
    I think you're just a Oneplus fanboy. No better than an Apple fanboy.

18. Sharry7 Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 20, 2018

Sharry7, Dec 20, 2018 :
    Wow really? So i just have to flash this on the top of latest update??

19. gaurav.malhotra Honeycomb Dec 20, 2018

gaurav.malhotra, Dec 20, 2018 :
    yes...

I am assuming latest version will be out soon, it's worth waiting for it and then attempt flash.

20. Macusercom Gingerbread Dec 20, 2018

Macusercom, Dec 20, 2018 :
    I tested the battery life over and over again on OOS 9.0.2 and to be honest the main drain issue is mobile network.

If on Wi-Fi (with disabled mobile data) or on airplane mode over night with 8 hours I het a drain of 0.4%/h. That's perfect. Once it uses mobile data only it jumps to 1.2%/h minimum for me. And that is mostly in deep doze.

Keep in mind I'm using 80 apps and Google Fit etc. etc. etc.