[UNIFIED] OP6 Battery/Heating Issues and Tips: Share Your Stats, SOT & How To Improve Battery Life !

1. pgrey Honeycomb Jan 22, 2019

pgrey, Jan 22, 2019 :
    Yeah, there's no way to limit the charge, without root. There are apps that will signal 80%, but that's about it.

I wouldn't mess with this however, I seriously doubt you're actually going to extend your overall battery lifetime by any significant range, by charging to 100%.
    I bet that dash-charge is MUCH harder on the battery than any charges to 100%, anything with that high a rate is going to heat things up.

I like Qi charging, and my aftermarket receiver sort of solves the "charge rate - heat" issue for me, as it's pretty hard to find an aftermarket qi plate that does >0.8A or so, IME.
    For me, this works, I just have a Qi charger in my house, car, and at work, so it's very convenient just to "set it down" to charge.

Your phone will probably be ready for "timeline" replacement, before the battery starts to really go downhill, IME.
    I would try to avoid getting it into the single-digits much, as a phones' firmware can mis-estimate those last few %, and then you're taking the battery to more or less 0%, which IS a problem, even for LiIon, in terms of longevity.
    The 30% on the low-end is a bit "extreme", but it will prevent the <10% thing, obviously.

2. NeatNit Eclair Jan 22, 2019

NeatNit, Jan 22, 2019 :
    I actually only use the dash charger in "emergencies" - situations where I've messed up and need to charge it up quick. Normally I use the charger that came with my old phone, Nexus 5X, and sometimes a portable charger. Both support USB-PD via Type-C, but since OP6 doesn't, it just gets charged at normal speeds.. so it's probably healthy for the battery.

(Edit: I also use a 3-meter cable which I freaking love)

I am using a battery alarm app but I don't like how it looks and feels, and I also don't trust it to not be wasteful in the background. If you know of a particularly good one, let me know, because all the ones I could find just looked terrible.

I'm currently having 0 problems getting through the day with 80%-30%, even when using it all lot. I occasionally dip towards 20% when I've been particularly forgetful about charging it when I got home.​

3. pgrey Honeycomb Jan 22, 2019

pgrey, Jan 22, 2019 :
    Yeah, I think anything that limits the "heat factor" is probably the best, in terms of longevity.
    That's the nice thing about low charge rates, too, is that a longer cable isn't that big of a deal. Sure, you lose some small amount of energy in the long cable length, but if you're only using 25% of the capacity, it's sort of a non-issue.

Yeah, I wouldn't really "trust" those apps, either. I'm sure, since it's not rooted, they're using some sort of "polling interval", to monitor things, which is going to affect the battery. Ideally, it should have a setting for the interval, so you can limit the impact of the actual app, on the battery, itself.

Sure, if the 30-80% works for your needs... I'm maybe a little AR about my charging cycles, but not nearly enough to commit to this level, but it's all good ;-]
    I'm MUCH more finicky about which apps I allow "unrestricted background use", it's a VERY short list, on my devices...
    With this being short, Data-Saver is a huge win, as it basically "turns off" the data pipe for apps not in "actual use" (there are some exceptions, per the OS, but that list is also small).

NeatNit likes this.
  4. NeatNit Eclair Jan 22, 2019

NeatNit, Jan 22, 2019 :
    After a quick look at Wikipedia, Wiktionary and even Urban Dictionary, I have absolutely no idea what AR means. :/

5. Kytharsis Lollipop Jan 24, 2019

pgrey likes this.
  6. pgrey Honeycomb Jan 24, 2019

pgrey, Jan 24, 2019 :
    Sorry, it's probably a most US culture thing. It means I'm a bit hyper-attentive, or "A--L R-t--tive". Look up "AR acronym", and search for the one that has this missing letters that line up ;-]
    It's not meant in a bad way, if it comes across like that, it's more of a "I get stuck on this concept, and have to see it work "properly", before I let it go", that kind of thing, which I SURE DO, with some things.

7. Kytharsis Lollipop Jan 24, 2019

Kytharsis, Jan 24, 2019 :
    Sounds more like OCD than anything else.

pgrey likes this.
  8. pgrey Honeycomb Jan 24, 2019

9. dev123123 Cupcake Jan 27, 2019

dev123123, Jan 27, 2019 :
    the battery backup is going worst.....it draining like hell.As an responsible and branded company they have give some better solution for this issue...only fast charging is not enough man....I have to charge my phone 2-3 time daily.   
    what u guyz think??? please comment below.

Ajith V S likes this.
  10. Ajith V S Eclair Jan 27, 2019

Ajith V S, Jan 27, 2019 :
    Same issue. After 9.0.3 update battery draining is high.

Tonino71 likes this.
  11. Kytharsis Lollipop Jan 27, 2019

Kytharsis, Jan 27, 2019 :
    No one can help if you don't post graphs.

12. Ajith V S Eclair Jan 27, 2019

13. Kytharsis Lollipop Jan 27, 2019

14. Ajith V S Eclair Jan 27, 2019

If possible just compare this with 6t graphs. I don't think just extra 400mah gives double sot of this.
    it should be some os level optimization. bring that to op6.

15. Kytharsis Lollipop Jan 27, 2019

Kytharsis, Jan 27, 2019 :
    SOT will be different for everyone, regardless of battery size. No need to turn it into a contest. If you want better SOT, use your phone more during the day.

16. Ajith V S Eclair Jan 27, 2019

No argument. It's hard to convince you people.

17. M1534316408795 Cupcake Jan 27, 2019

M1534316408795, Jan 27, 2019 :
    from the past 2-3 days my phone is not charging fastly it take around 1hour nd 20 minutes to complete Full battery after tht when i use the phone battery suddenly draining so fats tht out of 100% battery 20%battery discharge in just half nd hour

18. Intruder71 KitKat Jan 27, 2019

Scherpenseel and Gourish Biradar like this.
  19. vandan704 Cupcake Jan 28, 2019

Hasan Khawari and M1534316408795 like this.
  20. Atulit1 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 28, 2019