[UNIFIED] OP6 Battery/Heating Issues and Tips: Share Your Stats, SOT & How To Improve Battery Life !

1. Artemus.
    Nougat May 31, 2020

Artemus. , May 31, 2020 :
    That's the best option. Back up your shizz in Google Drive and photos to Google Photos and do a full wipe.

2. rahulparur
    Froyo May 31, 2020

rahulparur , May 31, 2020 :
    Hmm..a weird behaviour. That's why I was concerned.

3. TameemBadar
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2020

4. Artemus.
    Nougat Jun 19, 2020

Artemus. , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Play less PUBG? Like, this isn't news.

5. TameemBadar
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2020

6. Artemus.
    Nougat Jun 19, 2020

Artemus. , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Can you explain what this "iq option" app is...?

7. umiedotre9
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2020

umiedotre9 , Jul 6, 2020 :
    I used to get through a full day easily and still have 50% left. But lately, since about a month, battery life has degraded quite a lot.

Android system is eating up the battery. I tried doing a factory reset but it's still the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. word counter

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020

8. H1521840071293
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

9. zubairnajma@2312
    Donut Jul 14, 2020

zubairnajma@2312 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Hello,

again heating up started in my mobile and always a notification comes Gmail is draining your battery and Photos is draining your battery and in Gallery Videos are not opening untill i restart my mobile, and mobile got too much slower like it is a 3GB RAM mobile, always hanging up a lot and i have to restart my mobile daily 3 4 times

10. zubairnajma@2312
    Donut Jul 14, 2020

11. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 14, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 14, 2020 :
    With that many issues I would suggest Backing up your phone and doing a full Erase All Data factory reset.

12. zubairnajma@2312
    Donut Jul 14, 2020

Hi how to backup all data kindly please advise

Caomhin likes this.
  13. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 14, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Personally I use my Google account to sync everything to Google Photos and Google drive.

But I also backup as much as possible to PC or Laptop.

The info below contains links to many was to backup your data. Along with instructions on how to reset.

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    Enable Erase Internal Storage.

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

Once done, use the phone for a couple of days without adding apps to check for issues with just the raw fresh OOS only.

Only introduce previous 3rd party apps gradually over 2 weeks to see if any particular app or apps drain the battery

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/05/14/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

zubairnajma@2312 and Bintang12 like this.
  14. zubairnajma@2312
    Donut Jul 14, 2020

Thanks a million for your help

Caomhin likes this.
  15. zubairnajma@2312
    Donut Jul 14, 2020

Caomhin and Bintang12 like this.
  16. Harshal_Malaviya
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2020

Harshal_Malaviya , Jul 18, 2020 :
    same problem here with 6t. even battery saver is not helping. Mobile data is off, but the battery drains out rapidly
    1595039828049.jpg

17. Sofiul
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2020

Sofiul , Jul 18, 2020 :
    I'm Really tired using this shit oneplus

i get only 1hr sot on my new OnePlus 6

i even tried all oos version and custom roms also changed kernels still same

battery health is okay

i did everything still same issue

i hate oneplus

18. Artemus.
    Nougat Jul 20, 2020

Artemus. , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Did you try... factory resetting? ;) Sometimes that's all you need.

19. zubairnajma@2312
    Donut Jul 27, 2020

zubairnajma@2312 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Hi as u suggested to Reset all the mbl so i have did and believe me after one week all been started giving me same trouble than before,

i recently factory reset my mbl and everything was cleaned up and after a week again mbl is heating up like it will blast now, and every App's pop-up is coming App isn't responding close it, and same old problems like Gmail is draining your battery, photos is draining your battery and many more App's, and every few minutes later i cannot able to open the videos in gallery and in WhatsApp media and WhatsApp status, when i go to update my status on WhatsApp videos are blur and not responding and in Fb videos when i do landscape mode sound is getting problem doubled voiceover, and mbl is getting too much stuck i mean It's always here hang and hang and hang a lot, these all problems were doesn't exit before and suddenly it started from after recent mbl update

20. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Try to Optimize the phone, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

OP6T Battery and Heating Thread

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/unified-op6t-battery-and-heating-thread.952987/

Artemus. likes this.