[UNIFIED] OP6 Battery/Heating Issues and Tips: Share Your Stats, SOT & How To Improve Battery Life !

1. Artemus.
    Nougat Sep 24, 2020

2. Mramji
    Donut Sep 26, 2020

Mramji , Sep 26, 2020 :
    My phone has been heavily draining battery over the last few weeks, and I'm not sure why. I don't remember if their was even an update.

Is anyone else experiencing this? or can someone from the OnePlus team clarify if their is anything I can do about it. I know it's a slightly older device, but it has never caused me an issue. (screenshots below)
    View attachment 1443793

View attachment 1443792
    Also, if someone could enlighten me on the battery percentage for usage. nothing adds up at all.

Srínívas Sñ and AZGARDS like this.
  3. Dinesh 6004
    Eclair Sep 26, 2020

4. ItsRavi25
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 27, 2020

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 27, 2020 :
    For battery draining and heating issue try this.
    You can calibrate to enhance your battery life
    For battery draining you should follow this to calibrate..

Goto settings >App and notifications>Click on three dot in right corner>Reset app preference.

To Optimize the phone, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/
    Thanks to @Caomhin 😇...

Mramji and Caomhin like this.
  5. Kumar Brijesh
    Froyo Sep 27, 2020

6. F_Imran_Khan
    Donut Sep 27, 2020

F_Imran_Khan , Sep 27, 2020 :
    hi developers,

seek your help to check the issue, from last one month my one plus 6 device is getting very heat... while in video call .

this was not the case from last 2 years..

please check if any issue

7. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Sep 27, 2020

camohan , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Hi there, it is not possible to check what is the issue with your device online.
    If you think it's a software issue, you should provide feedback using the feedback section of the community app.
    If you think it's hardware issue, you should reach out to nearest service centre.

Caomhin likes this.
  8. Miratek
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2020

9. F_Imran_Khan
    Donut Sep 27, 2020

F_Imran_Khan , Sep 27, 2020 :
    I rarely do that, sometimes I do chat or video call... for last 2 years I never seen phone heating up too much, generally the backcover used to absorb and doesn't generate much, but the level heat it is producing it actually heats up my backcover too, as if I'm holding bare phone

10. Preethu08
    Donut Sep 28, 2020

Preethu08 , Sep 28, 2020 :
    when will be next update for oneplus 6 as its running with july security patch

11. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 28, 2020 :
    Whenever the developers release it

12. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 28, 2020 :
    You mention it's only happening recently, sounds like an app or game update may be using more resources and is generating that heat.

See if any recent app updates or app installs occurred around the time the heat started.

13. F_Imran_Khan
    Donut Sep 28, 2020

F_Imran_Khan , Sep 28, 2020 :
    thanks for response.

I don't use game apps, but only general apps .

I need to see if I can generate heat again, as suggested I have raised a feedback in OnePlus, have log kit enabled once heat is produced il send them logs.

will see what is the issue

14. Royal_Bullet
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2020

15. riyaz7861
    Eclair Sep 29, 2020

16. nakul_baliga
    Eclair Oct 2, 2020

17. HassanSiddiqui
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2020

HassanSiddiqui , Oct 5, 2020 :
    I was also having some issues, than I switched back to Android 9, and now I'm getting awesome battery life of about 7-8 hrs, with normal usage, and also with Pubg

18. Rushabh_Agrawal
    Eclair Oct 5, 2020

19. O1559678203904
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2020

20. Pradeep Singh
    Froyo Oct 11, 2020

Pradeep Singh , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 11, 2020 :
    This is a fact that after charging to its full (100 percent) the battery drains too quick and after reaching to 75 percent it becomes stable then again drains too fast why the same performance is not being maintain by the battery .
    I find one plus must work with duracel for creating a best battery , life for its future devices .