[UNIFIED] OP6 Battery/Heating Issues and Tips: Share Your Stats, SOT & How To Improve Battery Life !

1. djarish
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2018

djarish , Jun 1, 2018 :
    Getting this replaced.. Will get a new one tomorrow

2. xStunmanx
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

xStunmanx , Jun 2, 2018 :
    Hi,
    I've had my OP6 for about 5 days now and so far i've been relatively happy with the phone, great camera, incredible speed/performance and fantastic battery performance. That is until yesterday when i started noticing that the battery was draining faster than usual.
    When before, watching Youtube for ~25 minutes would barely drain the battery 2 or 3%, Now a short 15 minutes vid would drain it 6-7%.
    On Standby, before it would drop by 2% after hours but now i can notice that it'd drop up to 8% after an hour of it just sitting there.
    Although the problem doesn't substantially affect my usage but its still noticable. Does anyone have the same issue?

I always have Wifi, Location and Face Unlock on and use the found moderately (a little bit of texting, watching YouTube, browsing the web and listening to Spotify. No gaming).
    (I've already updated the Phone)

Attached Files:

3. nightkid68
    Froyo Jun 2, 2018

nightkid68 , Jun 2, 2018 :
    I noticed it is affecting to the most people devices, once they had updated to the latest software. please come on one plus, we need the updates to get it to be fixed asap.

Terryruiz likes this.
  4. G_william_reinaldy_MyUK
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

G_william_reinaldy_MyUK , Jun 2, 2018 :
    I got a good battery life yesterday. But last night I charged until 100% and used it until 90%. Then I turned it off and when I woke up this morning the phone just said the battery was 0%. Anybody knows why??? Screenshot_20180602-082146.jpg Screenshot_20180602-082123.jpg

5. nightkid68
    Froyo Jun 2, 2018

all of us were having the same issues since in the latest update. In day one, everything seems okay to me till I have updated it that's how everything starts getting worsen for the battery life. I need to charge my phone twice a day with a very modern usages.

6. asyedbilal
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

7. nightkid68
    Froyo Jun 2, 2018

I had removed the facial recognition features and so far so good. Once the result is out and would let everyone know.

tobias14 likes this.
  8. B1527431838214
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

B1527431838214 , Jun 2, 2018 :
    Battery backup relatively low... not enough battery for 6+ inch screen. tried all suggestions to optimise before posting.. but not satisfied with battery backup.
    Another issue phone getting heated up, perticularly Even with small data transfer (didn't consider while charging).
    only one game installed (bubble shooter) just to check/ confirm both issues..

Terryruiz likes this.
  9. jezgibson
    Froyo Jun 2, 2018

jezgibson , Jun 2, 2018 :
    battery deterioration on my one plus phones has been their Achilles heel but I partially blame my own useage. on both my OPO and OP3T I had a habit of charging them overnight and using throughout the day until they died or it was time for bed. in any case I would always leave them charging over night.

so far on my OP6 I have only achieved one full cycle. As I type this I have 3% battery life after 4hrs 37mins SOT and 24hrs (&15 mins) since last charge. So pretty good given it hasn't had 5 cycles yet. and the phone will surely top 5hr SOT before it dies.

my approach to preserving the battery over time is to have a second charger at my desk at work and to therefore just top up my phone in the morning and for 20 mins or so in the afternoon if I remember, thus keeping the phone between 30-80% charge, but not really either letting it die or sit fully charged yet attached to a cable & therefore power for 6+ hours per day.

goodness knows whether this approach will preserve the longevity of my battery beyond the 18 months of my previous 2 oneplus phones. Only time will tell.

edit. battery usage screenshot attached.
    1527935498832.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018

10. G_G_wz_(GWZ)_VWBr
    Froyo Jun 2, 2018

G_G_wz_(GWZ)_VWBr , Jun 2, 2018 :
    hi guys, how are your op6 batteries average usage temperatures ? I found mine is a bit higher than my op5.
    always above 36C and a bit heating my hands; (
    is it normal?

11. JulieOP564Gb6Gb
    Eclair Jun 2, 2018

JulieOP564Gb6Gb , Jun 2, 2018 :
    What is the outside temperature in your country as that is your baseline plus the running of your phone.

12. G_G_wz_(GWZ)_VWBr
    Froyo Jun 2, 2018

G_G_wz_(GWZ)_VWBr , Jun 2, 2018 :
    outside currently 25 and with Oxygen 5.1.5

13. Terryruiz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 2, 2018

Terryruiz , Jun 2, 2018 :
    B1527431838214

Battery backup relatively low... not enough battery for 6+ inch screen. tried all suggestions to optimise before posting.. but not satisfied with battery backup.
    Another issue phone getting heated up, perticularly Even with small data transfer (didn't consider while charging).
    only one game installed (bubble shooter) just to check/ confirm both issues..

Do you believe like I do that the battery is too small for the OnePlus 6 .. my opinion is if you upgrade from the 5/ 5T there has to be more SOT than older models ....and ones getting 5/ 6 hours SOT prob not pushing there battery too hard ,. when I saw the battery size on launch day I could see there would be a problem . also I watched all YouTube reviewers that get the oneplus 6 phones free never saying anything about the problems I have seen on this forum ....and most said battery better than old models .. the main reviews ie CNET etc all said battery was not as good as 5/5T so makes you think about YouTube reviews...well makes me think !! they have had OnePlus 6 weeks before launch day and not one I've seen has had any problem...no battery life problem /no calls cut off,,/ no low mic / no low sound / no over heating / no camera problem / nothing at all ....so what's the difference between there phone and what customers are getting ,!!!!!!?....they had a bug free OnePlus 6 ????? then when sold to public bugs just come !!!!

I've allways loved OnePlus had all there phones but all this I've seen on here is putting me off OnePlus .

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018

B1527431838214 likes this.
  14. Ashdmrc
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

15. Terryruiz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 2, 2018

Terryruiz , Jun 2, 2018 :
    my opinion is if you upgrade from the 5/ 5T there has to be more SOT than older models ....and ones getting 5/ 6 hours SOT prob not pushing there battery too hard ,. when I saw the battery size on launch day I could see there would be a problem . also I watched all YouTube reviewers that get the oneplus 6 phones free never saying anything about the problems I have seen on this forum ....and most said battery better than old models .. the main reviews ie CNET etc all said battery was not as good as 5/5T so makes you think about YouTube reviews...well makes me think !! they have had OnePlus 6 weeks before launch day and not one I've seen has had any problem...no battery life problem /no calls cut off,,/ no low mic / no low sound / no over heating / no camera problem / nothing at all ....so what's the difference between there phone and what customers are getting ,!!!!!!?....they had a bug free OnePlus 6 ????? then when sold to public bugs just come !!!!

I've allways loved OnePlus had all there phones but all this I've seen on here is putting me off OnePlus ....sorry

16. ansen_koshy
    Eclair Jun 2, 2018

17. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 2, 2018

18. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Jun 2, 2018

Rusty NZ , Jun 2, 2018 :
    You have over five hours screen time and you have spent some time playing PUBG.
    You don't have anything to worry about.

xnutzii and ansen_koshy like this.
  19. ansen_koshy
    Eclair Jun 2, 2018

20. ansen_koshy
    Eclair Jun 2, 2018

ansen_koshy , Jun 2, 2018 :
    just curious about the battery