[UNIFIED] Op6t battery and heating thread

1. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Artemus. , Jun 25, 2020 :
    There's a thing called "background data" that happens regardless of if you use your phone or not. Even spotty coverage can affect your battery life.

2. lorismaria
    Cupcake Jun 25, 2020

lorismaria , Jun 25, 2020 :
    Thanks, I'm aware of it! it didn't affect the phone half as much before this update, though. Used to get, easily, two days out of one charge.

3. Vijay.Subramanian
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2020

Vijay.Subramanian , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Once after this OS 10.3.4 upgrade my 6T started producing lot of heat in room temperature and battery is getting drained so quic on. Haven't experienced such issues so far. This is happening after the 10.3.4 OS update. Ridiculous not happy with this update. TEAM This has to be fixed ASAP.

I HAVE MADE FACTORY RESET FOR THE FIRST TIME AND NO LUCK

4. T1593000466607
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2020

T1593000466607 , Jun 28, 2020 :
    my phone does not show dash vharhe sign when i plug it into charging although charger is original how to fix this issue.
    And battery drains rapidly and phone is heated rapidly how to fix these problems tell me
    plzz

5. Urstrulyshiva
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2020

Urstrulyshiva , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 28, 2020 :
    Hello Team, I am facing battery drain issue. When i goto sleep battery has 64% however, it comes to 50% when i see in the morning. Anyone facing the same issue ? Please suggest any solution. Thanks in advance

6. N1590691325642
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

N1590691325642 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 13, 2020 :
    dear sir i have purchased one plus 6T one and half years back. now the phone is giving problems in fast charging. the phone generally charges on normal mode and it takes lot of time in charging on normal mode. also the phone is getting heated on the back side when i charge. kindly help me out.

7. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator Jul 13, 2020

Cervantes , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Hi
    Please, check and use this thread for all battery questions

clean the usb port with a plastic wedge
    what is the ambient temperature in your city
    for another user to suggest: upload a screenshot of:
    battery and other
    battery uses
    Install cpuz: thermal

Use the search engine before opening a new thread
    https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms
    Thread merged

Best regards, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

8. A1554406602500
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

9. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Check to ensure you have the latest Google Playstore and Google Play services installed.

Once you have done that.

Try to Optimize the phone, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, OnePlus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

J1576702632325 likes this.
  10. love1plus1specs
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2020

love1plus1specs , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Lots of great recommendations here! Accubattery doesn't accurately state charge stuff?
    On the accubattery app, I've noticed it'll kill 1 milliamphour per full charge? Considering OnePlus over estimate a 3550 to 3700 ma (phones batts are usually 96-97% upon arrival, use) a once nightly full charge will kill 365 mah capacity (an easy 10% of battery end of life)! If this is done 2 years, your phone battery is done over, which means it won't hold charge for long! (80% loss is considered battery is done! I my charge to near full, and I'm averaging 1.5 cycle use per day! (On phone 15 hours daily, lol)! At 84% remainging life, it'll last me 5 hours screen on! 4 charges daily! Lol... There's app optimization choice, either allow less battery use, or turn off optimization for certain apps like I do! Optimization helps with longer day of use battery life! Accubattery developer cliams, it's not the death of lithium battery that matters? Yet elsewhere I'm seeing optiimal lithium life is 20-80% state of charge! They say plug in phone frequently!
    And, ive found no proof, fast charge destroys a battery faster? 20 watts a safe charging speed because 20/5 volts, about 4 amps, the size of battery! Been hearing rumors of 100 watt chargers, and phones, but doesn't look like it's happening! (If 5 ah battery, 5 volts, it's about 4 times charge speed, most I'm seeing is 65 watts! About 3 times battery capacity speed! Really, fastest speed I've seen OnePlus 8? In 31 minutes, which looks like Twice capacity charge feed? (Think what I'm saying... If a battery is 4 ah, 5 volts going in it, well that to is a lie, 4.3 volts, is truer? Anyhow 20 watts going into a battery, 5 volts times 4 amps, is 20, it'll take an hour! In 30 minutes, 40 watts? If 60 watts, phone should be charged in 20 minutes! However last 30% OF BATTERY recharging reduced down to 1-1.5 amps! Atleast on my 6t! Forget that last 25% for battery longevity! If 60 watt charging is true,citll reac

11. UmerGhumman
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

UmerGhumman , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 14, 2020 :
    My phone OP6t used to consume battery alot which is creating issue for me. I let my mobile in idle state during sleep with wifi and location turned off. When I woke up battery drained from 88% to 75%.. Need solution.

Balaji6t, adi1001 and AZGARDS like this.

12. zubairnajma@2312
    Donut Jul 14, 2020

zubairnajma@2312 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Hello,

again heating up started in my mobile and always a notification comes Gmail is draining your battery and Photos is draining your battery and in Gallery Videos are not opening untill i restart my mobile, and mobile got too much slower like it is a 3GB RAM mobile, always hanging up a lot and i have to restart my mobile daily 3 4 times

13. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 14, 2020 :
    This is the OnePlus Diagnostic tool.

You can run this tool to check if everything is working as expected by clicking on Detect Now.

Just follow the instructions on the screen.

OnePlus 6 series phone does NOT have to be rooted to use this tool.

Details of the OnePlus Diagnostic tool.

https://www.xda-developers.com/onep...eres-how-to-check-the-health-of-your-battery/

Download OnePlus Diagnostic tool.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/oneplus-ltd/oneplus-diagnostic/

See if that helps.

UmerGhumman likes this.
  14. AZGARDS , via OnePlus 6 Silk White , Jul 14, 2020 :
    EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE BRO.. BUT BATTERY DRAIN AND BACKUP WITH NOTHING NEAR ANDROI 9
    THEY STARTED ABANDONING OLDER DEVICES WITH SCRAPPY ROMS .. MORE LIKE FOCUSING ON NEW PHONES LAUNCHING WITH SAME NAMES

UmerGhumman likes this.
  15. Caomhin

Caps lock is Shouting, no need for Shouting.

Have you checked to see what is actually draining the battery in your Battery stats. Have you optimized any apps that may cause battery drain.

What steps gave you taken to see what's causing the issue.

AZGARDS, UmerGhumman and Bintang12 like this.
  16. UmerGhumman
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

Recharged my mobile twice still my battery draining fast. I am fed up with all the updates and rom settings still no issue resolved. Could anyone tell me stable version should I have to revert back to older rom or is this issue remains the same with all OP 6t devices?
    1594726993675.jpg

17. Caomhin

So you showed the system apps which look normal. Which 3rd party apps are using Battery.

This is with less than 20% usage. But I don't do gaming on my 6T just for clarity

1594727306678.jpg

1594727306710.jpg

1594727306739.jpg

18. UmerGhumman
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

Caomhin I still didn't get to know its just normal usage still battery is consuming fast. I have used Samsung cell phones but there is no issue in those phones. Even Iphone mobile batteries are better than this crappy OP 6t. Its a great cell phone except the battery issue. [e]1f625[/e]
    1594727691356.jpg

Caomhin likes this.
  19. Caomhin

This is what I do to get great battery life. Its worth a look,and see if it will improve yours.

Try to Optimize the phone, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

If it doesn't improve after about a week on the settings above, then backup the phone, do a full Erase All Data factory reset. And repeat the steps above.

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    Enable Erase Internal Storage.

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

Once done, use the phone for a couple of days without adding apps to check for issues with just the raw fresh OOS only.

Only introduce previous 3rd party apps gradually over 2 weeks to see if any particular app or apps drain the battery

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/05/14/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

UmerGhumman likes this.