[UNIFIED] Op6t battery and heating thread

1. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 14, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Caps lock is Shouting, no need for Shouting.

Have you checked to see what is actually draining the battery in your Battery stats. Have you optimized any apps that may cause battery drain.

What steps gave you taken to see what's causing the issue.

AZGARDS, UmerGhumman and Bintang12 like this.
  2. UmerGhumman
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

UmerGhumman , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Recharged my mobile twice still my battery draining fast. I am fed up with all the updates and rom settings still no issue resolved. Could anyone tell me stable version should I have to revert back to older rom or is this issue remains the same with all OP 6t devices?
    1594726993675.jpg

3. Caomhin

So you showed the system apps which look normal. Which 3rd party apps are using Battery.

This is with less than 20% usage. But I don't do gaming on my 6T just for clarity

1594727306678.jpg

1594727306710.jpg

1594727306739.jpg

4. UmerGhumman
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

UmerGhumman , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Caomhin I still didn't get to know its just normal usage still battery is consuming fast. I have used Samsung cell phones but there is no issue in those phones. Even Iphone mobile batteries are better than this crappy OP 6t. Its a great cell phone except the battery issue. [e]1f625[/e]
    1594727691356.jpg

Caoimhín likes this.
  5. Caomhin

This is what I do to get great battery life. Its worth a look,and see if it will improve yours.

Try to Optimize the phone, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

If it doesn't improve after about a week on the settings above, then backup the phone, do a full Erase All Data factory reset. And repeat the steps above.

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    Enable Erase Internal Storage.

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

Once done, use the phone for a couple of days without adding apps to check for issues with just the raw fresh OOS only.

Only introduce previous 3rd party apps gradually over 2 weeks to see if any particular app or apps drain the battery

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/05/14/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

UmerGhumman likes this.
  6. AZGARDS , via OnePlus 6 Silk White , Jul 14, 2020 :
    It's like I charge phone and then in 20 to 30 mins without using it it will be 91 or 80+.idle phone is draining a lot.i dnt live near poor signal area either
    When they don't hear we should shout bro..

7. Caomhin

Check my post above yours and see if the suggestions can help.

8. hany.soliman94
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

9. Caomhin

Clean the ports on the phone, charger and both ends of the USB cable with a fine dry toothbrush or non conductive wooden or plastic toothpick carefully.

See if that helps

10. sachinnb
    Donut Jul 15, 2020

sachinnb , Jul 15, 2020 :
    A 3 year old iphone with 600+ charge cycles has battery health of 91 percent.
    But a year old oneplus/android has an health of 82.
    Wow.

11. bbt78
    Cupcake Jul 15, 2020

bbt78 , Jul 15, 2020 :
    I have the same problem. When I restart my phone everything returns to normal until next recharge.

AZGARDS likes this.
  12. rhyd1am
    KitKat Jul 15, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 15, 2020 :
    iOS and Android are 2 completely different ecosystems. If android was as tightly controlled and locked down by Google as iOS is by Apple, thing's might well be very different.

There is always going to be less strain placed on the battery of an iPhone, because the ability for the user to change things on the device that can affect the way it's optimised, just simply isn't there to the same extent as android.

UmerGhumman, Bintang12 and Caoimhín like this.
  13. UmerGhumman
    Cupcake Jul 15, 2020

UmerGhumman , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 15, 2020 :
    Agreed with u. Just waiting for someone who might got solution whether I have to donwgrade to older version of Oxygen OS so might the issue will be resolved. Otherwise I should have to migrate back to Iphone. Peace [e]2764[/e]️

14. Naveen Rayala
    Eclair Jul 16, 2020

Naveen Rayala , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Bro please try the following settings in your mobile.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum....proving-battery-life-android-10-t4054997/amp/

Also try following setups in settings

1.Turn off printer service in settings~bluetooth & device information and turn off printer service.

2.Tur off digital well being in settings

3.Go to Developer options~app wifi multi/broadcasting filter and turn on.

4.Turn off user improvement experience program in settings~system.

Optimise not used apps in battery optimization and see it help you.

UmerGhumman, AZGARDS and Caoimhín like this.
  15. gurushishgrover , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Try this
    Go to Settings > System > Reset Options > Reset Wifi, mobile, Bluetooth
    And restart your device... It won't erase any data, it will just reset network settings, nd you'll need to enter password for wifi connection

Wipe cache by booting the phone with power and volume down.

Hope this helps

UmerGhumman and Caoimhín like this.
  16. UmerGhumman
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

UmerGhumman , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Thanks alot dude u have saved my soul. I tried the steps u have mentioned when my battery was 34 percent and the results are astonishing. Neither battery drained now and neither got heat up. Thanks once again. [e]2764[/e]️
    1594927338885.jpg

17. UmerGhumman
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2020

18. Naveen Rayala
    Eclair Jul 17, 2020

Naveen Rayala , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Which one you tried. My one..?

Caoimhín and UmerGhumman like this.
  19. UmerGhumman
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2020

UmerGhumman , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Yes Naveen I have tried your solution and now I am satisfied with my phone battery performace. Earlier I used to charge my mobile 3 4 times a day now a single charge from 9 am it's been 10 pm still have 47% left. Thanks again. [e]2764[/e]️

Caoimhín likes this.
  20. love1plus1specs
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2020

love1plus1specs , Jul 17, 2020 :