[UNIFIED] WiFi calling for Oneplus devices via OnePlus 6T

1. brajesh.sharma87
    Eclair Dec 5, 2019

brajesh.sharma87 , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Moderator Edit:
    Please use this thread for any wifi calling (VoWifi) related discussion, please do not open more threads.
    If you are using JIO, they are not officialy supporting any oneplus device yet, you need to contact them and ask for support.
    Source: https://www.jio.com/en-in/jio-wifi-calling

https://www.airtel.in/wifi-calling
    ============================================================

Hello, is anyone able to use VoWifi service on their OP6t in India? I read news that both Jio and Airtel has launched VoWifi in India. I assume our device is capable of using this service only there needs to be a software update for the option to show the toggle for VoWifi.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2020

2. sakearzoo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2020

Stickied Post
    sakearzoo , Jan 5, 2020 :
    Hi , i have enabled vowifi on op5 and its working fine on airtel broadband with jio sim . I don't have airtel so I can't test.

Steps to enable VOWIFI : (Try at your own risk)

1. Dial *#800#
    2. Go to Oneplus logkit
    3. Go to function switch
    4. Check on Vowifi switch
    5. Reboot your phone
    6. go to settings -- wifi & internet -- sim & network
    7. Turn on WIFI Calling
    8. Reboot your phone

Wait few minutes you will see volte will be replaced by vo-wifi .
    Try your luck with your broadband and your network .

Here i have tested with Jio Sim with Airtel Xfiber broadband .

1578181695467.jpg

1578182524828.jpg

If something goes wrong and you don't see your Volte options then go to settings -- system -- reset options -- reset wifi & mobile & bluetooth. It will revert to factory network settings. Note : it will reset all your network preference and saved wifi networks .

Attached Files:

3. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jan 8, 2020

Stickied Post

azadshaikh99, kamzee96 and the_o2 like this.
  4. harshit.b
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2019

harshit.b , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Both of them just completed their beta testing phase. They haven't rolled it out for everyone yet. If everything works according to their plans, it should be out by January.

brajesh.sharma87 likes this.
  6. brajesh.sharma87
    Eclair Dec 8, 2019

brajesh.sharma87 , Dec 8, 2019 :
    I could see this option as well after I inserted my home airtel sim but even after the option is enabled, the phone doesn't seem to be able to utilise it. I still get network issues and neither could I see vo-wifi icon during the call. Please post here if you hear any update on this service.

7. yogesh5727
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2019

8. yogesh5727
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2019

Kytharsis likes this.
  9. harshit.b
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 18, 2019

harshit.b , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 18, 2019 :
    The rollout is currently limited to few cities and only available if you have a Airtel broadband/ fiber connection. OnePlus 6 already support wifi calling.
    1576678972506.jpg

yogesh5727 likes this.
  10. yogesh5727
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2019

yogesh5727 , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 19, 2019 :
    But in their airtel website ONEPLUS 6 is not in the list why...?

11. Abhilash_PM
    Froyo Dec 20, 2019

12. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2019

Priyanshu Sharma , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 20, 2019 :
    VoWIFI service from Airtel is currently launched for everyone only in Delhi and it's only supported on Airtel Broadband as of now.. You can visit this page for more info-

https://www.airtel.in/wifi-calling

And people who are getting this service in other cities those are still in Beta/testing phase and only available to limited users.. We may see it rooling out soon in other parts also.. Yes 6/6T supports VoWIFI but we've to wait for it to be supported by carrier..

Abhilash_PM likes this.
  13. sna499
    Cupcake Dec 22, 2019

sna499 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 22, 2019 :
    Airtel had started rolling out vo-Wifi in Kolkata as well. It is working on my OnePlus 7T. However the switch between voLTE and voWIFI seems to be not stable yet. sometimes it falls back to voLTE without any reason under same WiFi signal. I hope it will work better with future Oxygen os updates/upgrades at Airtel side.

14. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2019

Priyanshu Sharma , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 22, 2019 :
    Well, they haven't rolled out officially in Kolkata yet so that may be just testing.. So, wait for the offical rollout and do you use Airtel broadband or any other?

15. sna499
    Cupcake Dec 22, 2019

Yes, I use Aritel vFibre at home. To me these problems looks like firmware issue. As it gets disconnected while switching bands of my dual band router. If you keep your phone sitting idle and it goes to sleep mode, voWiFi also gets disconnected. In both the cases it falls back to voLTE.

16. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2019

Priyanshu Sharma , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 22, 2019 :
    If your router supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz then it'll connect to 5GHz by default.. If you don't want this then go to wifi preferences and disable "Intelligently select the best WiFi network"

About sleep issue, try turning off Sleep standby optimization.. Go to Settings>>Battery>>Battery Optimisation>>Click on three dots>>Advanced optimisation and turn off Sleep standby optimization..

17. sna499
    Cupcake Dec 22, 2019

I have slightly different setup, two router in extender configuration for 5GHz band and one covering 2.4GHz, so that I have good speed through out home. Now all three have same SSID with AP Isolation disabled so that all Chromecast devices (Android tv/1st gen Chromecast) indifferent of which band they use can communicate. :)

And I prefer the sleep mode as it saves battery. I wish voWiFi will act like voLTE and will work even when phone is idle. I have sent an email to OnePlus support, let's see what response do I get.

18. Abhilash_PM
    Froyo Dec 23, 2019

Abhilash_PM , Dec 23, 2019 :
    You were right. Looks like they are testing it coz it keeps coming on and off. Now it kinda stopped showing up all together.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019

19. debranjan
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2019

debranjan , Dec 24, 2019 :
    I am in India and using OnePlus 6T. i have recently upgraded the OS using Oxygen Updater to 10.3. But i don't see the WiFi caling feature in it. Are we getting this options in to the older devices like mine?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2020

20. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Dec 24, 2019

Kytharsis , Dec 24, 2019 :
    Did you get WiFi calling before or did you force it?

Caomhin likes this.
  21. debranjan
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2019

debranjan , Dec 24, 2019 :
    I don't have that feature before the upgrade and also don't have the feature after the upgrade.

22. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Dec 24, 2019

Maverick2.0 , Dec 24, 2019 :
    Are you using Airtel?