https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms
    Merge threads

Best regards, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

2. Y1531508033555
    Froyo Jan 9, 2020

3. Abhilash_PM
    Froyo Jan 9, 2020

Abhilash_PM , Jan 9, 2020 :
    Hi Guys! WiFi Calling (aka VoWiFi) has officially rolled out in many states from Airtel and Jio in India. Jio however does not currently support WiFi calling OnePlus devices and has confirmed (on an email to my query) that support will be provided soon as they are working on it. ETA was given as one month.

You may check the WiFi calling official device compatibility list for:
    1. Airtel : https://www.airtel.in/wifi-calling
    2. Jio : https://www.jio.com/en-in/jio-wifi-calling
    I have both Airtel and Jio sim on my OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren edition and Wifi calling is seamlessly working on Airtel but not on Jio as of now.

Check my post in the thread: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...with-op7t-and-op7t-pro-chennai-india.1155964/

upload_2020-1-10_1-51-38.png

4. Abhilash_PM
    Froyo Jan 9, 2020

Hi. WiFi calling does not work that way! You cannot make calls just by being on wifi. You need to have an active cellular network as well to make wifi calls. The difference is that instead of using your carrier's voice spectrum, the calls would be routed through your internet broadband channel.

Either way you need cellular connection as well.

5. Abhilash_PM
    Froyo Jan 9, 2020

Hi VoWiFi is already supported in OP6 and OP6T devices from Airtel. Jio is still working on support for OnePlus devices and will be active soon. Although Airtel claims that WiFi calling requires Airtel Broadband connection, however, they've started to extend support with other service providers as well. I am using VoWifi on Airtel using a Hathway Broadband connection. Make sure you enable the feature from your device to be able to use it.

upload_2020-1-10_2-18-44.png

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020

6. Abhilash_PM
    Froyo Jan 9, 2020

7. akks
    KitKat Jan 9, 2020

akks , Jan 9, 2020 :
    We shall wait. More devices will be supported for sure in the future. They just launched the service.

Sameermehta2 likes this.
  8. thadougamer
    Froyo Jan 9, 2020

thadougamer , Jan 9, 2020 :
    Jio VoWiFi is working perfectly fine on my OnePlus 5T. But it's not working in Flight mode.

9. sakearzoo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2020

sakearzoo , Jan 9, 2020 :
    the thing is that you contacted jio executive .. i had a talk with a engineer (my friend) he told me that its enabled. yesterday and will be updated to most servers asap .

he also told that if your device has VOWIFI carrier check enabled then it might not work now for OnePlus device . If you disable the carrier check then it should work fine . If you disable carrier check it should not effect battery life . You should be getting same battery life . If you are getting less then something else is the issue .

10. sach_stark
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2020

sach_stark , Jan 10, 2020 :
    it's not working on os 10.3.0

11. Sameermehta2
    Honeycomb Jan 10, 2020

Sameermehta2 , Jan 10, 2020 :
    Well i dont know about your engineer friend i am only posting what the senior authorities in this case appellate informed me on email,i know it should work by default without hacking and enabling any ticks in the system file and i am getting a good battery life without using any of it so there is no other issue,it's just i tried and posted my observation for the trick many people have posted, whatever the case is the point is it cannot be one service provider giving same service on the same handset without any hassle and the other service provider denying and saying the device itself doesn't support it,so there is a miscommunication from Jio and there is no transparency, technically all handsets supporting 4g lte should mostly work with vo wifi services,Jio fails to provide any logical technical reason if enquired to justify their not providing service, availability of it in different areas is a different issue but simply denying that handset doesn't support without any proper technical reason is just ridiculous

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020

12. X1559799787615
    Froyo Jan 10, 2020

X1559799787615 , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 10, 2020 :
    Iam from India, iam using jio network. Now in india Jio is offering Vowifi facility which is not available currently on OnePlus 6 please bring this feature

13. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Jan 10, 2020

Cervantes , Jan 10, 2020 :
    Hi
    Please, You read the first, second and third post

Use the search engine before opening a new thread
    https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms
    Thread merged

Best regards, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

14. davedm
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2020

davedm , Jan 10, 2020 :
    You need fast wifi connection and 5ghz modem for this to work well.

I have 200mbps connection and it works well with 5ghz mode but not so well on 2.4ghz. My guess is that if it detects that speed/latency is better on 4G than wifi, it will revert to/stay on VOLTE.

15. a_agarwal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 10, 2020

16. Abhilash_PM
    Froyo Jan 10, 2020

Abhilash_PM , Jan 10, 2020 :
    Well thats not true. You don't need fast internet connection. Infact, VoWifi will work perfectly if you have a 1 Mbps connection or more. the bandwidth requirement for VoWifi is upto 256 Kbps for upstream and downstream together (note: its in Kilobits per second) to work perfectly. So you can see, the bandwidth requirement is very very low for using WiFi calling service.

17. Rockstar4ever
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2020

18. davedm
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2020

davedm , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 10, 2020 :
    I am not specifying technical bandwidth for VoWiFi. I agree that it's as low as you are saying. What I am saying bis that you need high performance broadband connection ( low latency, low ping times and less packet loss). All these come with an Optical fibre connection which are usually high speed as well.

If carrier detects that voice performance is going to be better with 4G data connection compared to your wifi connection, you will not see VoWiFi icon although technically it's enabled and active because the carrier has chosen VoLTE over VoWiFi.

19. Abhilash_PM
    Froyo Jan 10, 2020

That's not how WiFi Calling works. You cannot use WiFi calling without an active network connection with your service provider. So putting your phone in flight mode with WiFi connected and trying to make a WiFi call will NOT work. You must have network connection with service provider and also be connected to a WiFi network to make Wifi calls.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020

20. Abhilash_PM
    Froyo Jan 10, 2020

Oh Yes. I completely agree to that. You definitely need a connection with low ping latencies. If latencies on your internet connection exceed 56 ms, its not quite ideal. And if it exceeds 96 ms, it will automatically switch to VoLTE and not use the WiFi calling feature. This is to ensure optimal quality of voice. Otherwise you will experience delays/lags in call.

Usually Fiber connections have latencies less than 5 ms so thats a good option for Wifi Calling.