Uninstall ANY app with ADB, NO ROOT! via OnePlus 5T

1. PSSF23
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2020

PSSF23 , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 24, 2020 :
    Good news for everyone, I digged into an XDA post (https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/increase-battery-life-t3939843) and found this miraculous command: "adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 <app url>" to uninstall apps WITHOUT root.

With USB Debugging, you can use this command to uninstall any app you want (no exception yet).

Remember to use an apk extractor app to backup! You can also use it to find the app url!

Example Apps include:

com.oneplus.brickmode (Zen Mode)
    com.oneplus.gallery (OnePlus Gallery)
    com.google.android.videos (Google Play Movies)
    com.google.android.music (Google Play Music)
    com.android.documentsui (Files that was Downloads)
    And many more......

If you install these apps again, they will work perfectly fine. Uninstalling will require the command again.

System update might bring the uninstalled apps back, so choose the suiting method (disable or uninstall) for yourself.

Best.

1.Kay likes this.
  2. PSSF23
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2020

PSSF23 , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 24, 2020 :
    oops quick check. If you uninstalled the gallery app the OnePlus Camera would be unable to directly link to the photos after you took them.

Googled and found only solution to be installing the current ROM again. Will probably save your data and reset the uninstalled apps.

Such problems do arise during device hacking lol.

Rakshit_Patil likes this.
  3. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2020

jontalk , Apr 24, 2020 :
    While not being a techie, what's the advantage of uninstalling these native apps? My phone runs pretty well and unlike most that post here, I've only encountered minor bugs from the last few updates.

4. PSSF23
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2020

5. PSSF23
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2020

PSSF23 , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 27, 2020 :
    Found another solution for the issue! Reinstalled the gallery app, cleared camera cache, disabled camera then enabled it again!

6. The Joker
    Marshmallow Sep 7, 2020

The Joker , Sep 7, 2020 :
    nice thx
    it made me got rid of the oneplus BUD's app. that oneplus push it on your phone

the command is
    Code:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.oneplus.twspods

munizja and PSSF23 like this.
  7. G1572613256484
    Cupcake May 6, 2021

G1572613256484 , May 6, 2021 :
    Hi why is it still shown in app inspector after I have done the command am I missing something ?