Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2014

naviinside , Jun 16, 2014 :
    I agree, i felt like this
    [​IMG]
    It is only a phone, I dont understand why people are so worked up X_X

2. laughingmonsta

laughingmonsta , Jun 16, 2014 :
    No it makes you a responsible GUARDIAN - something all adults should be too younger generations.

3. slope
    Donut Jun 16, 2014

slope , Jun 16, 2014 :

Wow. Has it really gotten this bad? I don't know what to say. People praying on the neediness of other to take advantage of kids in any sexual way is just not right. It the lowest of acts. I hope there will be consequences and hell to pay for that dude that took advantage of a young kid. IF in fact the kid is 12-14 years old he is still a kid and should not be manipulated into posting humiliating and degrading pics. Even if there is clothes on I say making a kid boy dress as a girl is a sexual act towards kids, and should be treated that way.

Hopefully the cops will take him. How many other children has this man taken advantage of in the past? Maybe some hard jail time will put his head in order. I guess as he had invites to share OPO has his full name and address along with shipping address so it should be easy for the cops to pick him up and search his house.

Lets hope OPO cooperate to the fullest extend with the police.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014

laughingmonsta likes this.
  4. andmitsch
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2014

andmitsch , Jun 16, 2014 :
    Can't even express how wrong you are. Todays kids are over protected, spoiled and far from what once was a natural point to raise the ability for realistic and rational valuation.

Today's society is full of over-sensitive fellows who have no clue about human history. You don't need to hark a hundred years back and you're already in a time, where kids had to grow up way earlier than today.

Teach them as early as possible, but don't be that lazy person who avoid the effortful situation of teaching someone with simply protecting and enclosing a kid from reality.

5. rikardo1979
    Community Veteran Jun 16, 2014

rikardo1979 , Jun 16, 2014 :
    brilliant +1
    this is well said
    And I think that the responsible (forum staff) should really look at this and take care of such situation before is to late

laughingmonsta likes this.
  6. StessT

StessT , Jun 16, 2014 :
    See...I think that goes a bit far. This "kid" could be 18. And for that matter, he IS clothed. But it is creepy and uncalled for and the thread should be locked and the pictures removed.

7. morturio
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2014

8. andmitsch
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2014

You actually target just the kid as also the potential parents as that's all you wrote about, that's all the content of your posts... there's little detail about neither the thread nor the thread starter, who should be to blame... so yes, your whole subject is just the kid and his act.

We're in a chinese brand's forum, don't expect too much moderation happening in here. I doubt any action even if everybody would report the thread, but the moderators as also the thread starter should be the main target heer,not always the kid, his age, his pic, his post, his thread,his motives,his parentsand so on

9. slope
    Donut Jun 16, 2014

slope , Jun 16, 2014 :
    Yeah I don't knwo the kids age, but you said 12-14. And if that is the case he is still a kid. And kids should never be manipulated into any sorts of sexual behavior or tricked into doing humiliating pictures. I stand by my words and say if this is true that guy asking for pics could be a predator hunting online for kids to abuse them. And he could have done much worse then this. Still say police should take him in.

10. StessT

StessT , Jun 16, 2014 :
    I already reported the original thread.

11. slope
    Donut Jun 16, 2014

slope , Jun 16, 2014 :
    I am glad you did.

12. arthesian

arthesian , Jun 16, 2014 :
    So maybe the internet should come with a 18+ label after all?

I've been using the internet since I was about 9 years old ( I'm 22 now ), and NEVER, EVER have I posted pictures of myself - doing embarrassing stuff - on the internet. Children should be thaught to not post everything on the internet, because it stays there....for a very-very long time....

But hey....it's a new generation, and nowadays people post everything on the internet. I'm not even surprised about this guy wearing a bra... ,, I think he just found it funny,, and probably doesn't care what people think.

Is it wrong to ask for ''sexy'' pictures? is it wrong to POST ''sexy'' pictures....? either way, it shouldn't be part of THIS forum..... but it IS part of the internet....

13. StessT

StessT , Jun 16, 2014 :
    I have no earthly idea how old this kid is. He *looks 12-14. If he is 18? No problem. He can send pictures to whomever he pleases. The original thread was reported and it is up to someone to investigate the original half of the equation - the pic solicitor.

slope likes this.
  14. coham
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2014

coham , Jun 16, 2014 :
    the sad thing is,where are his parents?

15. HD2kitkat

HD2kitkat , Jun 16, 2014 :
    Either he is an adult, or he will need access to an adult's paypal account or credit/debit card to actually order his 1+1. I may be out of touch, but I wouldn't allow a minor free, unsupervised, and unquestioned access to my accounts. If I did, I'd be breaching my aggreement.

There may be a gray zone, as 15-years olds can have a debit card for their bank account, but I'm unsure if it would work on paypal.

doctorwhovian likes this.
  16. coham
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2014

coham , Jun 16, 2014 :
    agree

17. zhaogeorge3
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2014

18. andmitsch
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2014

Still, your subject remains the child. Rant about the threadstarter, use his name, rant about the obviously absent moderation, name them, but not the kid. Do exactly what you did with this thread, but with making the cause a target and not the victim.

Btw....the report button will do like nothing in here. It's an internal ticket system, which is most certainly already flood by the sheer amount of threads and posts in this forum. I doubt anyone is overseeing the inbox of that. Opening a thread for this was the better thing to do, yet time to turn it towards the contest initiator.

19. kenozz
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2014

kenozz , Jun 16, 2014 :
    Good to see someone who is worried about the stuff vulnerable youngsters are prepared to do just to get this phone

OnePlus will be held accountable in the end for all of this

20. StessT

StessT , Jun 16, 2014 :
    It could all be an innocent joke...but still a lesson on why this invite system is likely not going to be implemented again by any other company.

Side note: Carl just made an announcement that they will be switching to preorders soon.

kenozz likes this.