sony0619 , Jun 16, 2014 :
    [​IMG] WELL SAID...

2. Adam Krisko
    Head of Community NA Staff Member Jun 16, 2014

StessT and beany like this.
  3. StessT
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2014

StessT , Jun 16, 2014 :
    @nguser ^^ this should tell you the maturity level/decision making ability we are dealing with righty here.

No offense.

4. beany
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2014

beany , Jun 16, 2014 :
    No reason why it should, that is a different matter. Look, this is a learning thing for you, I've given you a few comments before but respect your posts here. Good job.

5. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Jun 16, 2014

Hanson Lee , Jun 16, 2014 :
    He will repent a lot 10 years later when he sees that exact same picture again. Reflection.

6. StessT

StessT , Jun 16, 2014 :
    Thank you very much.
    Very much.

daleski75 and Adam Krisko like this.
  7. HD2kitkat

HD2kitkat , Jun 16, 2014 :
    That would be the modus operandi of any conman trying to swindle, embessle or otherwise trying to get you to do something which is NOT in your best interest, but I'd assume a groomer would cast his net where child density is higher than here. But what do I know?

I just like to consider people innocent until proven guilty, so I won't be leading the lynch mob, although that may be the safest place to be.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014

8. rikardo1979
    Community Veteran Jun 16, 2014

rikardo1979 , Jun 16, 2014 :
    thank you. the original thread is down.well done.
    and thanks to all moderators who took care.
    hope there is more people like you guys here in this messy forum

9. mopsert
    KitKat Jun 16, 2014

thepanttherlady likes this.
  10. bretes
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2014

11. Deactivated User
    Jun 16, 2014

12. Wrighty
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2014

Wrighty , Jun 16, 2014 :
    Oh dear. What an idiot you are.

#BoreBlock

13. Wrighty
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2014

Wrighty , Jun 16, 2014 :
    Then he'll be 24 so I doubt it very much.

beany likes this.
  14. laughingmonsta

laughingmonsta , Jun 16, 2014 :
    Firstly I think a thank you should be sent to the Moderators for dealing with this rather quickly amongst the madness of the already escalating job of trying to keep these forums on track! Also I would like to ask members on here to just be a bit more vigilant on keeping an eye on posts that may seem a little dubious or questionable - this should be a safe community where people can relax and enjoy themselves - not be placed in a position of vulnerability or embarrassment!

beany likes this.
  15. zaks
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2014

16. Charles Sanborn
    Froyo Jun 16, 2014

Charles Sanborn , Jun 16, 2014 :
    I guess it just goes to show that perverts want phones also although probably not for the same reasons as most of us.

17. thepanttherlady
    Community Veteran Jun 16, 2014

thepanttherlady , Jun 16, 2014 :
    The op did not ask for people to post "hot pics".

"But thinking about a way to give the invites, I thought it wasn't fair to give it to the first one posting or so, so I thought a funnier way to do it. Every one who wants to participate in the contest will have to post a photo of himself/herself with their forum name written on a paper."

The use who posted the pic that has everyone up in arms did so in response to a woman who posted a pic of herself in seemingly nothing but a pair of panties. He was going for the "funny" factor and did so while fully clothed.

I'm not saying that the pic was tasteful or even ok, just trying to put this back into context.

Wrighty and Deactivated User like this.
  18. mopsert
    KitKat Jun 16, 2014

mopsert , Jun 16, 2014 :
    Under your post select Edit, highlight everything and delete the content and write something like:

Deleted!

19. mopsert
    KitKat Jun 16, 2014

mopsert , Jun 16, 2014 :
    Thanks!

20. Wrighty
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2014

Wrighty , Jun 16, 2014 :
    I'm a father with two kids and I'm pretty internet savvy.

But all this grooming talk takes things a little too far without knowing the facts.

Yes, it was an off-the-wall request. Yes, the kid was 14 and posted a, what he thought, was a funny pic. He won an invite. He's happy. No one is stalking him and he's not entered into any seedy forum underworld.

He doesn't regret the pic because he did it, he regrets it because you (adults) are criticising him. Cyber bullying, if you will.

Sometimes I think we all think too much. Most of it bad.

thepanttherlady and kiahnlliya like this.