Unlink Notification and Ringer volume

1. Darshit Koladiya Eclair Nov 9, 2017

Darshit Koladiya, Nov 9, 2017 :
    SEPARATE NOTIFICATION AND RINGER VOLUME
    I don't know why many have not appealed about this. It's quite frustrating to not have this feature. OxygenOS is supposed to be user friendly, atleast add a option to unlink them in settings if not by default and also like many custom ROMs volume rocker controls just the media volume instead of ringtone, most people hardly change their preset ringer volume.

2. felipemendes Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

felipemendes, Nov 9, 2017 :
    If media is playing, you control volume of media with the rocker. If not, then ringer/notifications are controlled by the rocker.

Few people appealed because it seems pointless - when I'm away from the phone, I want to hear notifications and ringer equally loud. Does not seem too logic to have them with different volumes.

3. mhsobhani Cupcake Dec 7, 2018 at 3:19 PM

mhsobhani, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:19 PM :
    Felipe try reading before responding!

What many people have want is separate ring and notification volume controls. I had this on my Samsung phone and it's something that I miss very much.
    I like low notification volume (not silent) and high ring volume for calls.
    This is so simple to accommodate. I wonder why itsi not implemented yet.

4. I1541497528665 Cupcake Dec 7, 2018 at 3:23 PM

I1541497528665, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:23 PM :
    Apparently this issue has been around for a very long time and one plus doesn't really care. This has been a problem since the 3T I think. I really don't understand why they can't fix this. I'm sure there's a very simple solution to it but for some reason they're holding back