Unlocked OP9 LE2115 purchased with cash unable to put on TMobile after being on Verizon! via OnePlus 9

1. tasandmnm
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2021

tasandmnm , via OnePlus 9 , Oct 27, 2021 :
    So I bought this phone outright with cash, clean North America imei but when they put in my imei it comes up incompatible! I had no issue like this with Verizon, it literally took 2 minutes in their store. I even had Verizon issue me an port pin to make sure their was nothing holding me up on their end and was in a Verizon store while talking to TMobile on the phone. When I enter the imei on TMobile website it says I'm good to move! I don't know if this makes any difference but I'm trying to get moved to my Aunt's account which is a legacy Sprint account. Any ideas?

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 28, 2021

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 28, 2021

Adam Krisko , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 28, 2021 :
    Hey,
    TMobile normally just requires you to put in the sim card onto the phone. said:
    If you are adding a line to someone's account, just ask for a sim card and don't tell them what device you're putting on the line. Once they activate the SIM card, just put it into the phone and you should be good.
    I have 2 2115 devices on my TMO account right now. (This is the plus to be on a gsm network compared to Verizon which bases it's network on cdma and needs a IMEI that's stored in their system)

Caomhin likes this.
  4. VoreDock
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2021

VoreDock , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 28, 2021 :
    The sprint network part is the problem T-Mobile is only allowed to convert accounts in areas that T-Mobile was not serving fully until the end of the month on November 1st they can convert any account