Unlocked version One+ 6T APN settings grayed out

1. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2018

samprocat , Nov 13, 2018 :
    1542075979181.jpg

I have unlocked One+ 6T with T-Mobile SIM card
    My mystery is behind APN settings that are grayed out and not possible to change.
    I can make new APN settings just not one that is populated by SIM card.
    I'm not on postpaid account.
    I'm on grandfathered account from many years ago.
    I have no limit on Data usage like what New type of plans they say 50 GB.
    Here is the picture
    1542075291974.jpg
    I'm looking for other people out there who have same device and experience this issue.
    Let's discuss this..... and see if we can get better understanding.....and how to enable this in the future.
    I know how to get this fixed with root....
    I'm not interested in this type of solution.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018

2. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2018

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018

3. ReeceDeLeon
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

ReeceDeLeon , Nov 15, 2018 :
    I'd like to know too if there is a fix for the greyed out APN.
    I have dual SIM, SIM 1 being Verizon. I can't edit the APN, I get text fine, but MMS, it is limited to a few KB and I am getting small thumbnail pictures.

G_Perry_Freeman_kEje likes this.
  4. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2018

samprocat , Nov 16, 2018 :
    I have spoke with OnePlus customer service and waiting for call back....
    On grayed APN settings...
    For Verizon issue I'm not familiar.....I personally hate any CDMA operating company.

5. Fonzarelli
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2018

Fonzarelli , Nov 16, 2018 :
    Are you saying that you are getting MMS on Verizon?

6. ReeceDeLeon
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2018

ReeceDeLeon , Nov 17, 2018 :
    yes I am getting MMS from Verizon. I have it set up SIM 1. Also Data.

but the quality of pics are bad due to, i am presuming, limited by Verizon. I can probably change the APN settings but it is all greyed out at the moment.

7. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2018

samprocat , Nov 21, 2018 :
    With more research on this issue i have come to the conclusion that One+ software is the problem.....I hope this gets resolved soon.
    This is the answer from One+customer service after some discussion and sending back and forth emails

ReeceDeLeon likes this.
  8. ReeceDeLeon
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

9. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2018

samprocat , Nov 24, 2018 :
    Still same issue on 9.0.6 version with unlocked 6T and T-Mobile SIM card....
    APN settings are grayed out and not possible to do any changes

10. ReeceDeLeon
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

11. G_Perry_Freeman_kEje
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

G_Perry_Freeman_kEje , Nov 24, 2018 :
    what did you do to receive messages on Verizon

12. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2018

It's in One+software side that is making SIM card populated APN settings to stay grayed out.....
    I have never had this happen on any unlocked phone before.....

13. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2018

check this and let me know what you have blanked out
    1543039380088.jpg

14. G_Perry_Freeman_kEje
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

15. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2018

that is something I will need to ask for permission from One+.
    It is special engineering menu that if handled wrong could make device not connecting anymore.
    I work at Engineering network telemetry so this is something I use every day.
    CDMA less feature is something on the provider end to switch....this is not possible on the phone....
    I don't work for CDMA platforms.
    MVNO third party Cell providers have very little or nothing for help from Verizon.
    Verizon is known for making users experience hard and doing this possibly make you buy Verizon branded phone.
    Not to mention they finally leaving Dinosaur CDMA technology and moving to the GSM network standard...... I guess some day they will be like ATT and T-Mobile GSM only.

16. G_Perry_Freeman_kEje
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

G_Perry_Freeman_kEje , Nov 24, 2018 :
    okay I understand thank you

17. EngineerGunter
    Froyo Feb 6, 2019

EngineerGunter , Feb 6, 2019 :
    With the APN settings being grayed out, did you also experience a loss of LTE data every time you place a phone call? This is an issue I have right now, ever since unlocking my T-Mobile OnePlus 6T.

18. jaycob619
    Honeycomb Feb 26, 2019

jaycob619 , Feb 26, 2019 :
    I'm not sure if this relates and so I'm sorry for bumping this thread if it doesn't.

I've noticed since I upgraded to my 6T from my OG One. that any kind of data tethering / mobile hotspots on the 6T have a stupidly strict NAT type F applied to it. Yet with the same sim I get a NAT type of B.

I've been trying to match my APN settings from the OG One to the 6T yet it turns out I can't use APN type Dun and I have a feeling this is the reason behind my poor NAT type.

If I can't figure out how to root this thing and resolve the issue I might need to just send my phone back and keep with my OG One.

It's become really annoying as I was somewhat hyped for this new phone upgrade. Now I couldn't give a shit if the phone blows up because my OG One still trumps it in my eyes in terms of my day 2 day.

19. G_Jason_Lufrano_zAxN
    Cupcake May 19, 2019

G_Jason_Lufrano_zAxN , May 19, 2019 :
    I have a OnePlus 6t on Verizon prepaid and have the same issues of the app settings being grayed out and not able to be edited. Has anyone else come up with a solution?

20. W1566143026042
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2019

W1566143026042 , Aug 23, 2019 :
    Just for anyone else having the issue with their APN settings grayed out and their MMS failing to send, here's the situation with which I was able to fix it since I have an older SIM in my phone with an APN profile with an old MMSC from my MVNO.

If you insert a SIM and an APN on the SIM matches with an APN defined in /system/etc/apns-conf.xml, OnePlus locks you to that APN, even if you have a custom APN both properly defined and selected.Those matching APNs will show as grayed out and can't be edited, and will always be used.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019