100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

SJBoss , Apr 4, 2021 :
    IMG_20210404_182619_605.jpg
    Welcome to the unofficial Weekly updates aka Week In Review!! (Applause!)
    Alright, alright take your seats

200.gif

Quick recap for people who aren't familiar with this, it's a weekly update just like you see one from the community team every friday but from a users perspective hence the name, unofficial Week In Review.

[​IMG]

Launch of OnePlus 9 Series :
    So, One of the most important thing that happened last week was the launch of Hasselblad Camera! Yes! Yeaaaas! right?
    And some smartphones attached to it. a smartwatch was there too. anyway, not important. HASSELBLAD!!

Moving on :rolleyes:

9 Series Experts :
    A bunch of active users being recognised for their constant help and contribution to the forum, Naaaaice!

This seems like a very good approach and might encourage people to help and engage with other users in a respectful and helpful Manner (except for @Tobikage and @sfomin they're licensed trolls :rolleyes:).

The LAB 9 Series edition :
    Yep it's happening. reviews are popping up make sure you read/watch, read while watching or whatever and however you prefer but make sure you do bump those threads because...

[​IMG]

But please if any of 'em tells you to throw away your DSLR because 9 Series Cameras are that good, don't do it. Neither the Smartphone comes with studio lightings nor the models, you gotta pay for those separately.

And quick question, what do you think about the plastic frame on the 9? The LAB reviews are sending mixed signals so we'd like to hear from you.

The Boring thread :
    @TibiTibi had this awesome (or boring) idea to make a thread which you can bump whenever you're bored so from now on this is where all the boring people hangout, there's a chance you might bump into @GopalB. or @Mjo while being bored :rolleyes:

Also, @Its.Leandroo a long term OOS contributer has put up a well detailed thread about The state of OOS Do give it a read if you haven't already, highly recommended.

That was the most notable stuff that took place on this forums these past weeks but what about the outside world? Presenting (drum rolls)

In Other News
    this is where we'll talk about what's going on in the tech world and without wasting any time, here's this week's pick!

Qualcomm, Fairphone, and Exynos 2200 :

Fairphone delievered pie to their 5 yrs old smartphone with the help of Lineage OS because Qualcomm won't let 'em. (if you want to know how they did it there's a thread about just that).

Qualcomm has been acting all greedy lately forcing OEMs to buy SD 865 with 5G modem which caused the smartphone prices to go up unexpectedly last year and denying support for older chipsets. perks of being a monopoly aye? But that's soon going to change with Samsung teaming up with AMD for Exynos 2200 and Google Teaming up with Samsung for GS101, Yes that's the codename of Google's in house SoC. While GS101 is supposedly a mid range chip, I have really high hopes for Exynos 2200, Why? Exynos 2100 was a very powerful Chip, the only thing that's holding back Exynos and gave an edge to SD over any other SoC (except Apple's A) is Adreno GPU, that's where AMD comes in, Exynos 2200 will be equipped with an AMD GPU rather than Mali and it would make all the difference! people are even saying that it may outperform A14 by huge numbers, Now that's something I'd like to see.

So, that's it for this week, but hang on... There's also one really fun thing we do in Unofficial Week In Reviews and that is featuring worst and best posts/threads of the week but this is something we can't do without your help So, everytime you encounter a post/thread that's worthy of either of the title, Just tag Bobby, B_wrath, Shivang or me.

All thanks to the Original host @Baymax for letting us do this, @B_Wrath @BobbyV8_ and @Shivang Joshi for basically all of this.

Aaaaand that's a wrap! Have a nice one.

OnePlus posted this
    IMG_20210404_170629_084~2.jpg
    "True color" picture on Instagram and then deleted it immediately, thoughts?
    Spoiler content brought to you by @Punk_69

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021

2. Punk_69
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

Punk_69 , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Interesting stuff
    where's my credit for the OnePlus post :p

3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

B_Wrath , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Probably in the next phone launch, OnePlus will host a contest for renting those studio lights and models! :rolleyes:

4. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

SJBoss , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Check again :rolleyes:

5. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

McJader , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Ever since I first saw an "Unofficial Week In Review" thread like this in the Hall of Fame Section, I was longing for it to come back, either through it's original creator or through me. Thanks for the thread, should definitely do more of these in the future. Tbh with you, this is better than the actual weekly update (sorry @Zach X. :p)
    I was looking forward to the LAB reviews the most, and some of them have disappointed a bit (I can say that here since most of the reviewers don't come to the forums except if it is about their threads), while I'm impressed with two or three.:D
    The hype for the Hasselblad partnership has a bitter aftertaste, though the wide-angle lens seems to be good. The plastic frame and lack of OIS on the regular 9 are definitely bad descisions imo.

6. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2021

7. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

B_Wrath , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Why are you looking at those "influencers"? :rolleyes:

8. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 4, 2021

Cheetosdust , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Not only that, but there's a rumor that they are going to rent from Boston Dynamics to organize the next Snowbots. :rolleyes::D

9. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2021

10. Cheetosdust

This could/should be a great discussion in the steps of what @Its.Leandroo started with OxygenOS. ;)

11. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

B_Wrath , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Snowbots? I would much rather prefer them tie up with battlebots and show how the OP10 series is durable by pitting them against tombstone! :rolleyes:
    Didn't we already have that discussion after every LAB contest? Those guys forget what the forum is, post posting their threads.

12. Punk_69
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

Punk_69 , Apr 4, 2021 :
    I've only eagerly checked the LAB reviews given by the *actual* forum members.... Rest are influencers trying to gain some followers or subscribers in a cheeky way.

I remember one of the LAB Reviewers whining on a OnePlus post because he wasn't getting a satisfactory amount for the resale of a OnePlus 6/6t , which was given to him by OnePlus for a LAB review.....
    So yeah... There's lots of POS people here who get into the LAB...

One of the LAB reviewers was an influencer , and was an ambassador for Google... He suddenly popped up on forums and it was shown as if he had joined way back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    JM

13. Cheetosdust

Makes sense since they don't know what the forums are before they post their reviews. ;)

14. Punk_69
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

Punk_69 , Apr 4, 2021 :
    And after they post their reviews*

15. Cheetosdust

Are you trying to say The LAB stands for:

Lemonade and Begone? ;)

16. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

McJader , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Indeed it does.
    So it seems the LAB hasn't been very "satisfactory" since a lot of time...

17. GopalB.
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

GopalB. , Apr 4, 2021 :
    I'm here even though I was not invited for the party... :oops:

But not posted on Fridays and isn't even posted every week... Also without the numbers... :rolleyes:

What smartphone??? Wait Hasselblad announced a watch too??? :eek:

That's too fast, spend some time together, try to understand each other atleast... :(

Don't do that, give that to me... o_O

Wait waaaaaaaaat!!! How do you cancel your order... :eek:

Its not plastic... I remember it was something cool... Not plastic for sure... :cool:

Definitely @Mjo, not me... I'm not boring... :oops:

But op2 guys are still waiting for what was promised... :oops:

*budding influencers... :confused:

18. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 4, 2021

YRJ , Apr 4, 2021 :
    I just love this! Kudos 👌
    Was a great read, will look forward to the next one. :cool:

19. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 4, 2021

YRJ , Apr 4, 2021 :
    I loved the Lab OnePlus 6 and 6T personally.

And 7T LAB was the peak for obvious reasons. *cough* :rolleyes: :D

20. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Apr 4, 2021