Unofficial Week In Review : Vol. 2 Issue 11 - Spam, Team Abdul and MRI

1. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

McJader , Jun 13, 2021 :
    completion (2)_adobespark.png
    Bonjour everyone! Welcome to another edition of the Unofficial Week in Review! @Shivang Joshi is still on sick leave while @B_Wrath is insanely busy at work. Add to that, newly recruited @Tokolozi ‘s home renovation shenanigans and all that is left is me: poor, ready-to-help McJader.
    Let’s get started.

Summer Launch Event
    This week, OnePlus has finally launched the Nord “CE” and the TV UIS at their summer launch event. The pricing for the Nord is quite aggressive and it may be a compelling choice for many. The lack of an alert slider found criticism among old-time users, considering its convenience and the brand awareness that came with it. Even the inclusion of a headphone jack (redundant for a lot of users these days), failed to excite many. The impact that this device will have on the forums and how OnePlus handles it will also be interesting to see.

Goodbye, OOS11 Beta
    The 7 and 7T series received the last Open Beta build based on OOS11 last week. Going by the trends from previous devices, these devices may receive an OOS12 Open Beta next year, but that is something that only time will tell.

Team Abdul strikes again
    As the Open Beta for the 7 and 7T series came to an end, Abdul posted two surveys here on the forums. The 2nd question on the 7T series form gave users a lot of choices. Have a look.
    photo_2021-06-10_10-36-14.jpg
    This marks team Abdul’s third back to back appearances in the Unofficial WIR. They must really like being featured here.

Where did it go?
    The Cobalt Edition of the OnePlus Watch was available to a select Europeans via Instagram:rolleyes:, but it seemed like OnePlus was extremely serious when it meant “Limited Edition” with so many users complaining that the Watch is gone. Only one user has posted about it so far, you can have a look here.

Roasted!
    A rather ignorant user posed as a OnePlus staff member and claimed that the 6 and 6T series would be getting A12.
    photo_2021-06-10_21-53-44.jpg
    The result? Not so happy for him. Our very own community expert @the_o2 highlighted his split personality problem and that was enough for him to not return to that thread.

@Carl, come back!
    Your 7 Series users want you to pay attention to their difficulty and annoyance. You won’t abandon them, would you?

Notification delay is injurious to relationships
    With Android 11, came a flurry of “notification delay” posts from our very intelligent fellow users.
    A user in the 11.1.1.3 update thread for the Nord said the following
    Which roughly translates to “My GF broke up with me because I didn’t get her message notifications on time”.
    So folks, if you want to keep your relationships safe, fill this forum with “notification delay” threads so that OnePlus will have to fix it. (I’m kidding, please don’t do that)

Community events:

Power of Community OEF: On Friday, the OEF for the “Power of Community” was conducted, which was headlined by several known community faces as well as a few newbies. These users picked the smart clock as their preferred product. Let’s see how OnePlus manages to shape this campaign into something constructive for users.

Nord CE Spam Launch event excitement thread: The Community team also posted the customary launch event excitement thread, albeit a day after the launch event. Did @Patrick N. forget to post it on the launch day?:p I guess we’ll never know. Anyways, a Nord CE and other Nord swag is at stake, so what are you waiting for? Spam away Show your excitement!

OnePlus Hugs: Aptly named by @Dresa91 , OnePlus is creating a digital art piece composed of clips of other community members…...you guessed it, Hugs! I honestly like this campaign, as a bit of positivity is always welcome in these tough times.:D

Genius(es) of the Week:

[​IMG]
    Every day you come here and wonder, “There couldn’t be anything more ridiculous left to see on this forum”. And every day you are proven wrong. This time the user who proved you wrong took a mobile phone with him into an MRI machine. Yes, I’m not joking. They then had the audacity to call it a CT Scan at first and create a thread here.
    And that’s why they get to be Genius of the Week!
    @Tokolozi ‘s response clarifies why this is so ridiculous, feel free to read it here.
    But it doesn’t end here. Community hero 2020 @drl431 suggested a factory reset to solve the Speaker and camera issues, which are quite obviously due to hardware failure. (No hard feelings buddy ;))

Also this week's GOTW was not decided without tough competition from a user who created as many as 10 duplicate threads within 10 minutes about a rather mundane question. He would’ve easily found an answer by searching, but creating 10 duplicate threads is so much better, right?:rolleyes: He then went on to threaten other users with court cases and local goons, but we all know that is only rubbish with such folks.

Among other news:
    Security updates on older software: Apple announced that users preferring to stay on iOS14 will also receive regular security patches. Even though iOS is mostly stable, some users like to stick to older software a bit longer, and Apple has just given them more incentive to do so. Very interesting and nice on Apple's part to do so.

Wrapping up:
    And that's it! Let's hope @Shivang Joshi gets well soon, and @B_Wrath gets a few days of relaxation from work so that I and @BobbyV8_ can take a breather from writing.
    As always, If you notice anything interesting, feel free to tag @B_Wrath @Shivang Joshi @BobbyV8_ @Tokolozi and of course, me.
    Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021

Overzee, B_Wrath, SRD. and 19 others like this.
  2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 13, 2021

Dresa91 , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Thank you my friend and the whole WIR team for this funny week :) :D
    This is - again - a great piece of work:) thanks:)
    I enjoyed reading it:)

Please stay safe everyone:)
    Hugs for everyone:) 🤗

Overzee, dom_k, KaranRIyer and 8 others like this.
  3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jun 13, 2021

Tokolozi , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Good start of a Sunday as always. Remember folks, big magnets and phones don't mix!

Overzee, dom_k, KaranRIyer and 7 others like this.
  4. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jun 13, 2021

Does!Compute , Jun 13, 2021 :
    No mention of the General Support threads spammer (and his need for an MRI)? ;)

Overzee, KaranRIyer, the_o2 and 6 others like this.
  5. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jun 13, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Bonjour! :)
    Comment ça va mon pote @McJader?
    Thanks for the another issue of the WIR.
    Quite interesting. 🤗

Overzee, dom_k, KaranRIyer and 6 others like this.
  6. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jun 13, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Great WIR @McJader 👏🏻
    Nah....he and some mods are stuck due to an FIR made by a user as his thread was closed.

Hmm....why're you using tiktok font...do you....use it :eek:?

I'm satisfied with OOS10...atleast the phone is alive and performing well.
    OOS11 was a nightmare :confused:

Dots make all the difference... @Yash Pratap Singh - identify yourself!

A whole new meaning of hunting bugs in phone....

Forgot the tester account, eh?:rolleyes:

B_Wrath, dom_k, KaranRIyer and 6 others like this.
  7. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

McJader , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Thanks buddy, glad you enjoyed it:p
    I'm still laughing 🤣
    @Tokolozi can take care of that soon:p
    I am well, thanks for reading!
    I didn't use it even when it wasn't banned:rolleyes:
    They keep deleting their posts:(

dom_k, KaranRIyer, Dresa91 and 7 others like this.
  8. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jun 13, 2021 :
    I see I missed out quite a lot this week with the exception of the GOTW.

great UWIR again @McJader and a good Sunday read.:p

Overzee, dom_k, Dresa91 and 6 others like this.
  9. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

McJader , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Indeed, I was wondering if you'd finally succumbed to one of those court cases buffoons here seem to file.:p

10. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

Overzee, dom_k, KaranRIyer and 6 others like this.
  11. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

McJader , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Thanks, really appreciate it:)
    Me too:p

KaranRIyer, Dresa91, the_o2 and 3 others like this.
  12. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Nèh, I have them as an afternoon snack.

B_Wrath, KaranRIyer, Dresa91 and 4 others like this.
  13. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jun 13, 2021

dom_k, KaranRIyer, Dresa91 and 5 others like this.
  14. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jun 13, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Any update about Dr Somil Jain's meeting with Pete, it was scheduled for 8th June. And @B_Wrath is still roaming like a free soul. :D

B_Wrath, KaranRIyer, Dresa91 and 4 others like this.
  15. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Mc Jader, You forgot the question about AOD for the stable version of OnePlus 7T... That was brilliant too... 😅 😅 😅 😅

16. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

McJader , Jun 13, 2021 :
    What makes you think so?:p He may be typing his next WIR from a jail:p
    Link please:p

B_Wrath, KaranRIyer, Dresa91 and 5 others like this.
  17. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jun 13, 2021

Does!Compute , Jun 13, 2021 :
    People seem to forget that I am the one who pushed that guy over the edge, and I am accused of being a "co-conspirator" in that "case" (don't take that away from me) ;)

B_Wrath, KaranRIyer, the_o2 and 3 others like this.
  18. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

19. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 13, 2021

McJader , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Oh wait, yes I remember what you mean:p
    I didn't mention it, because atleast the Beta users got AOD, so it was a valid question in some form:D

KaranRIyer, Dresa91, the_o2 and 2 others like this.
  20. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Jun 13, 2021

Dresa91, the_o2 and McJader like this.