Unofficial Week In Review: Vol. 2 Issue 26 - Unified OS, Filing Cases & Traitors

1. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Sep 26, 2021

Tokolozi , Sep 26, 2021 :
    4897FDD7-A4DC-4BB6-8CC9-3B9CB6CF638A.jpeg

Good day fellow forum members!

It’s another Sunday, that means it’s time for another week in review. This time I’ll be your host on this beautiful weekend in Belgium (isn’t summer supposed to be over?). There’s a few good topics to cover so let’s get started.

Public Forum…. Or Not?

In @vsinha717 ‘s post here explains the use of the forum clearly. He tells us all members can express their opinion here and should be able to complain if they want. But wait, those that have good experiences with the device, or wish to fix the issues by taking them to an official support channel, or make some basic troubleshooting steps should exit the forum or stay silent instead?

upload_2021-9-26_10-18-28.png

So maybe not the open and free forum he wants? Censorship of all kinds is bad kids, wether you like it or not, there’s always going to a be an opinion that’s different than yours. Users like Vsinha should accept that as well.​

Simple Maths

Gnumbers also would like to explain us some math here, what the goal was of the thread I don’t know. But maybe you can use your imagination?

upload_2021-9-26_10-22-22.jpeg

Unified and Upgraded Global Operating System

Some big news from @Pete this week, in a further step of the merger with OPPO and source code sharing it will now “finally” unify ColorOS and OxygenOS. Focusing on both a Fast/Lightweight and Reliable/Feature rich experience.

Impossible some might say, those things don’t go together… Yes that might be the opinion of many. But let’s see how this yet-to-be-named android skin will fair in the future. Maybe BBK surprises us an makes one that everyone enjoys, on the other side, it could also just be something everyone hates. Troubling times ahead for Oxygen lovers, but time should tell if this was the right move by “Pete”.

Everyone and their mom already shared their opinion in Pete’s thread, but maybe you have something to share as well, let us know what you’d wish from a merger like this in the future?

On other Pete-related news, anyone else notice he now just sports the “Staff Member” tag, you’d think he’d have something more special there… Sure it sports some dull gray text above it, but you’d think that’ll be more prominent.

upload_2021-9-26_10-33-42.png
    Two Camera Flagship
    If we were to ask @PatoHU there certainly is a market segment untouched by all brands currently. Namely the flagship camera-less flagships! You can see his request here.​

upload_2021-9-26_10-42-50.jpeg

Many of us enjoy the fact of getting multiple camera’s on their device, it provides flexibility and detail that a single camera on a smartphone never can achieve alone. However, for Pato this is too much of the good stuff, he’d rather spend a bit less and have just a single, maybe at most a double camera on his flagship device.

I don’t think this will come from any brand these days, unless some brilliant lens-tech is developed that can easily be integrated into smartphones. Like I mentioned in the original thread, even mid-tier devices have multiple camera’s these days. The market simply demands this from their devices these days.

For me I especially like a ultra-wide angle camera on my flagships, so if I had to pick one it would be a high resolution (108MP) ultra-wide camera module. This way I can at least crop some zooms out of it without losing too much detail. But if you had to stick to a single camera module on the smartphone, what would it be?

Genius Of The Week

upload_2021-9-26_10-50-51.jpeg

Our Genius of the week @I1605201664564 also had a “request”, he’s struggling to tell the time on his device, this due to the utter lack of “pm” and “am” markers next to the clock. You’d think this’ would be an easy fix, look out the window and see right. But him living in Finland might make that difficult, their winter nights can be quite long and cold, too cold to look up at the sky for.

I never really had a time telling-issue myself, I prefer military 24h styled clocks anyways. But maybe you have some tips that can help our genius out?

Emails And Cases

Some members had urgent requests for support, so urgent they wanted to directly mail them to Pete it seems.

Other members took it one step further and got a case filed a case for their Oneplus device instead.
    In all honesty, I don’t think this case is very sturdy, and might need some more explanation in court to decide what the actual issue is. It doesn’t seem like @prashantsingh+ knows himself to be honest, He’s clearly too busy in the gym to actually respond with something that would make sense for the issues he’s having.

upload_2021-9-26_10-57-7.png

A Traitor?

Some new Mods and Community Experts were announced as well, among those that joined the dark side is one of our very own… @B_Wrath . I sure hope he’ll still be able to dish out some of that wrath to those who deserve it! But @B_Wrath remember… Don’t miss use those new powers of yours.

upload_2021-9-26_11-3-41.jpeg
    Briefly @Tobikage also had some new title(s), we hope to make them permanent in the future.
    upload_2021-9-26_11-6-18.png

Official, Exclusive, Authorised

upload_2021-9-26_11-14-9.png

@BobbyV8_ also noticed some iffy “authorised service center” markings. This place is listed as an authorised service center, bout their banner clearly says exclusive. Not a big deal you might think, but this does bring some questions along, and is a prime example how some scams might not get noticed if even the company themselves can’t get any good naming rules going.

When questioned about the board that says exclusive, they concluded that they are an exclusive authorised service center. Does that mean they are the sole authorised service center, maybe they are exclusively Oneplus authorised, maybe they don’t know what to put on the board correctly themselves?

Closing Up
    That’s it from my side for this week, if you think I forgot something I look forward to reading it in the comments, but be sure to send it to us in the future. You can easily tag us or send a PM to any of our UWIR editors. @B_Wrath (the traitor), @BeingIncog, @McJader, @BobbyV8_, @Shivang Joshi and myself are always happy to see your submission.

On another note, @Overzee sorry for not including your submission this time, it’s always a fine balance of getting as much said here without making the posts too long. But to encourage conversations in the comments, I urge you to post it there ;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021

dom_k, puccellino, RacerZ and 13 others like this.
  2. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Sep 26, 2021

3. Tokolozi

Nokia 3310?

4. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 26, 2021

Bobbie63 , Sep 26, 2021 :
    Again, a nice Sunday read, it was a fun week with lots of interesting people and posts. I guess the lawsuits against OnePlus are stacking and I'm sure Pete will personally defend "his Brand" in court the way Mr. Zuckerberg did in front of that committee.

5. Tokolozi

I would like to join that courtroom!

6. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Sep 26, 2021

Overzee , Sep 26, 2021 :
    Thanks @Tokolozi for another fun UWIR! Have a great weekend, with some nice weather. It isn't too bad here either;)
    Now I know how to let you guys know if I find something fun:)

7. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Sep 26, 2021

Aaron2017 , Sep 26, 2021 :
    Nice read as always. I'm anxiously awaiting the outcome of the guy who "put a case on OnePlus company".

8. Tokolozi

I really hope the case fits.

9. rhyd1am
    KitKat Sep 26, 2021

10. rhyd1am
    KitKat Sep 26, 2021

rhyd1am , Sep 26, 2021 :
    As are we all 😬

11. PatoHU
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2021

PatoHU , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 26, 2021 :
    Thanks for the mention. Now I know it's a horrible idea thanks for your help. You are my idol and next time if I have another idea I didn't share with the community I send it to you in private message and if you like it than I share it in the forum.

12. Tokolozi

It's not like you "shared an idea"

You had a rant, profanities and all included

Btw sharing ideas is done here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021

13. PatoHU
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2021

PatoHU , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 26, 2021 :
    I think that's my bad because I don't want to wrote a rant I would like to share an idea. I don't mad at Oneplus because they put more than one camera on the phones.

Bobbie63 and Dresa91 like this.
  14. McJader
    Marshmallow Sep 26, 2021

McJader , Sep 26, 2021 :
    More importantly, his title changed from "CEO" to "Founder of OnePlus"o_O
    You forgot the bug:p
    Mate, we're just having fun here, don't worry about it too much:D

15. Tokolozi

Sorry I realized I had the wrong person in mind here.

I thought it was our Genius. Not our camera suggester.

16. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Sep 26, 2021

17. Tokolozi

Don't insult the 3310 like that!

18. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Sep 26, 2021

Dresa91 , Sep 26, 2021 :
    Thank you for the new UWIR 🤣👍🤗

19. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 26, 2021