Unofficial Week In Review: Vol 2 Issue 29 - Orbit, toothbrush & a scared ghost

1. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Oct 17, 2021

BobbyV8_ , Oct 17, 2021 :
    V2 Issue 29.png

It’s Sunday again, who’s writing? Where UWIR?? You’re late!

I know, I know! We were late last week, and almost everyone is tied up this week. That’s when @BeingIncog came forward to write his first weekly but you scared him away (I’m going to ignore that he got some last-minute chores to attend to). So here I am, writing the UWIR on 3T while out on a walk with Simba. Let’s see what we got this week.

Orbit – a clean community experience?
    We always had issues with the community app and accessed forums over web browsers. Now, Zach X. brings forward a new community app ‘Orbit’. Can rebranding the app turn things right and make us ditch forums on the web? Exclusive 100 invites to be sent out by Pete can build up hype about the app. But how efficient is it going to be, should be seen over time?

Toothbrush – do you know what it is?
    You read that right. If you know what a toothbrush is and you’re an expert in using one, sign up for the next LAB squared and review the Oclean X Pro Elite. It is indeed interesting to see how one would review a toothbrush! Hey you, reviewer, do not forget to include your yellow tar-tar teeth to sparkling white dental package teeth shots in your review.
    Bravo on the special question @dsmonteiro, does a neem stick count as a toothbrush? I’ve only known them all my life and never saw a real one ever.

Toothbrush.jpg

Design and impress
    Another call for designers out there! Design a t-shirt for the RCC and you might win something cool and your design can be out there on the privé life listing. Also, @Cheetosdust isn’t impressed with the results he got in the writer’s corner. So he extended the recruitment timeline till Oct 20th. Make the extension count and impress the orange man.

No Headline for this
    9RT was launched, could be interesting and exciting. But OnePlus themselves didn’t go big on the promos and not enough hype for the Chinese launch. So well, I’m going to be honest that I’ve no interest in it and well this is just filler news. (Pay me more for front page advt. OnePlus)

Genius of the Week
    We’ve users around the Flat Earth globe contending hard for this, every week. Let’s give some Love to the geniuses revealing Android 12 and asking for Android 10 on OP5. My favourite is the one who almost turned forums to tinder. Congrats lover boi!

In Other News
    Snapdragon cries over a breakup
    After Pixel devices got their own SoC, it was least expected to hurt Snapdragon. But their red flag tweet says otherwise. Anyway, they’re going to need a new partner. How about you score Apple deal and replace their bionics or M1s?

No more dark plates (for now)
    Sony got a cease and desist order for PS 5 dark plates by dbrand. You can read more about this here. The 7-page legal notice is too much to read, but hey it’s Sunday and while you’re here, you might as well enjoy Sony’s jokes.

Nothing phone
    As per reports, Mr Pei is now planning for a snapdragon powered nothing phone for the early 2022 launch. Can this be a hit or another mediocre product from nothing? Can the Essential be rebranded nothing phone? Will they ruin the Essential like Nokia ruined the nostalgic 6310 with the relaunch!!

Now that I’m done writing the weekly and Simba has completed her business, I’m wrapping it up and call it a week. Tag me, @the fake mod @BeingIncog @McJader @Shivang Joshi @SJBoss @Tokolozi if you find anything interesting for the next UWIR.

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Oct 17, 2021

Dresa91 , Oct 17, 2021 :
    Thank you for the UWIR:)
    Makes me a clean smile :)

3. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 17, 2021

Bobbie63 , Oct 17, 2021 :

upload_2021-10-17_14-24-46.gif

4. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 17, 2021

the_o2 , Oct 17, 2021 :
    All or Nothing ;):D

Thanks for the UWIR and making Sunday evening more interesting :)

5. B_Wrath
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Oct 17, 2021

6. BobbyV8_

And, I'm on time unlike @SJBoss

Ask your genius!

7. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 17, 2021

8. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Oct 17, 2021

9. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Oct 17, 2021

10. BobbyV8_

Mehest Meh. Or anything such kind.

Haha that's a halloween inspired header straight from Canva. Didn't really have time to spend on it and well, UWIR and header on 3T is hella tough.

Just to make it clear, not my first warning but his first give away warning point as a mod.

11. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Oct 17, 2021

Tokolozi , Oct 17, 2021 :
    Great read as always, some of the topics I couldn't check in detail through the week, so this was ideal.

12. Overzee
    Junior Moderator, The Showcase Reviewer Junior Moderator Oct 17, 2021

Overzee , Oct 17, 2021 :
    Thanks for another edition of UWIR!

13. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Oct 18, 2021

BobbyV8_ , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Enjoy the new bike! And maybe post some pics here to so that UWIR peepal know

14. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 18, 2021

Venky61 , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Thanks for the UWIR...
    Dark plates for PS5(not dbrand though as they were too costly anyway) is on my wishlist. Time to buy a 3M sticker.

15. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Oct 18, 2021

BobbyV8_ , Oct 18, 2021 :
    There were reports that dbrand shut down some other vendor selling plates. They don't want after market stuff.

16. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Oct 18, 2021

Tokolozi , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Here's the bike for those interested:
    IMG_20211016_093155.jpg

17. puccellino
    Lollipop Oct 18, 2021

puccellino , Oct 18, 2021 :
    I agree .....I miss so much fun stuff during the week.

Especially for you.
    HEYDT-LifesAGif-3964.gif

WakeAwake, Tokolozi, BobbyV8_ and 4 others like this.
  18. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2021

WakeAwake, Tokolozi, BobbyV8_ and 3 others like this.
  19. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2021

20. PhotoPicker
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Oct 18, 2021

BobbyV8_, Bobbie63 and Dresa91 like this.