Unofficial Week In Review - Vol 2 Issue 3: Passing By

1. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 18, 2021

Shivang Joshi , Apr 18, 2021 :
    A week has already passed by – and well, I must say that was quick! (TWSS?)

A new week brings in a new weekly update – the unofficial one, to be specific. So, without wasting much time, let’s dive right into it! (Am I a YouTuber now? :rolleyes:)

VOL 2 ISSUE 3.jpg

Reviews for the OnePlus Watch
    Everyone who is on the internet and is currently reading this thread must have already seen how all the reviews went for our beloved OnePlus Watch. If you haven’t already read them, find one and read them – or you can even go ahead and watch a review video. Watching or reading a review of the OnePlus Watch won’t disappoint you as much as the watch disappointed the tech community.

I’m not here to say that the watch is crap – even if it might be – as I haven’t used it. But you should be easily able to make a purchase decision after watching those reviews.

OnePlus Nord LE launched
    So, OnePlus launched another device – or should I just say they launched a new color for the device that was launched last year? And on top of all that, there’s a ton of marketing going around that – as it’s technically going to be limited to just one piece. I just want to ask one question and leave it at that for this topic: WHY?

Pete’s stand on the OnePlus Watch
    Just like the reviews, this is something most of the people reading this thread would have already read. But if you are living in a cave, here’s what Pete said:

“A smartwatch is not a smartphone, and shouldn't try to be. So with the OnePlus Watch, we designed it to do exactly what a smartwatch is meant to, smoothly, effortlessly, and above all, without the trouble of needing to recharge every single day.”

I’m not sure why the CEO of the brand had to come ahead and defend the product like that. But again, you – as a consumer – can decide by yourself if the watch is actually worth it or not.

OnePlus Watch.png

However, I just wanted to say if a smartwatch isn’t even smart, just don’t call it a smartwatch. Call it a hybrid watch – or a glorified fitness tracker which looks like a watch and shows you time. The incapability of implementing some “basic” smartwatch features like the compatibility of the third-party app are being hidden under the disguise of that statement. Customers see and remember what the CEO says – and when the brand will launch a “Pro” variant or one with WearOS, this can backfire easily. Again, these are just my personal two cents (a lot more than the watch is worthy of) on this situation. Your opinion may vary – and I’m completely fine with it.

OnePlus 7/7T’s OxygenOS 11 update rolled out – Again
    So, it seems like OnePlus had halted the OxygenOS 11 rollout earlier. But hey, they have now patched it and have started rolling it out again. Even though this may feel like fixing one hole while the other one starts leaking, it’s at least some good news for those who own the 7/7T as the update might arrive on their device soon – if the incremental rollout reaches them.

SJBoss shared the state of OnePlus Product Line-up
    While the users are trying to help OnePlus to make their OS and products better, OnePlus is mainly focused on marketing them and earning a buck – rather than actually making great products that speak for themselves. SJBoss went ahead and shared the state of their current product line-up – and it doesn’t really look good. Go ahead and check out that thread here.

Memorable User of the Week
    A user who wanted to experience 8D sound on his OnePlus has grabbed this award for the week. And no, this is not the fault of OnePlus – yes, we have witnessed this rare situation – to even think of experiencing 8D sound from the speakers of any device. Congratulations on winning this award though!

In Other News
    A well-known website recently compared the S20 FE 5G with the OnePlus 9 – and ended up concluding that the S20 FE 5G was a better value. While we might not agree with every point raised in the post, there is something that I personally agree with. Here’s the quote from the post that I agree with:

“Tables have turned when it comes to OnePlus phones. Not only has OxygenOS started to look more and more like OneUI, but it’s also riddled with bugs and delays. OnePlus phones aren’t the holy grail of high-quality software experience, the way they used to once upon a time.”

This part feels straight on point – especially with our beloved Indian version of the OxygenOS. And well, if things don’t improve, it might just end up being worse for the brand in the long run. But hey, it seems like they are mainly focusing on short-term things by marketing and hyping the products as much as they can. It’s their brand and their choice though.

Wrap Up
    Well, that pretty much wraps it up for this week. If you come across worthy posts, feel free to tag me @SJBoss @BobbyV8_ @B_Wrath – and we will try to include them here next week! We cannot do this without you – and unlike some brands, we mean it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021

psygarden, Mr. BG, otto2 and 19 others like this.
  2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 18, 2021

Dresa91 , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Thanks for the next week in review - or should I say real weekly update?:rolleyes:

great work everyone (@SJBoss, @BobbyV8_, @B_Wrath and @Shivang Joshi :) )

3. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 18, 2021

4. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Apr 18, 2021 :
    upload_2021-4-18_19-50-57.gif

5. Shivang Joshi

otto2, the_o2, G_plusone and 7 others like this.
  6. Dresa91

otto2, G_plusone, Cheetosdust and 5 others like this.
  7. PritishPriyam
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2021

PritishPriyam , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Loved it.
    BTW there was a thread wherein a ghost 👻 was entering a guys phone and all that creepy horror stuff.
    I'll try to find it and maybe you guys could include it in the next unofficial review.😉

8. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Glad that you liked it.

For sure. Just link it to any one of us - or as a reply here.

P.S: @.Deleted_Member. What were you doing? :rolleyes: :p

McJader, the_o2, B_Wrath and 6 others like this.
  9. .Deleted_Member.
    Nougat Apr 18, 2021

10. Shivang Joshi

11. .Deleted_Member.
    Nougat Apr 18, 2021

12. PritishPriyam
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2021

13. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

SJBoss , Apr 18, 2021 :
    :rolleyes: almost no one even called it a watch or liked it, except @Cheetosdust
    "Please boohoo it's a good watch" that's what he said :rolleyes: desperate attempt to justify a mediocre product. :rolleyes:
    Oh it would, remember when OnePlus said they can't afford tall displays for OnePlus 5 because they're a small company? 5 month later 5T launched with 18:9 displays.
    Are you sure? Did you read the whole thing? There must be something that's OnePlus's fault.

14. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Apr 18, 2021 :
    I didn't like the OnePlus SmartWATCH, I love it. What's the fun in having a piece of tech that works as expected? What's this, the Apple forums? :rolleyes:

@Shivang Joshi awesome thread, it's great to see new content with your signature. ;)

otto2, Shivang Joshi, McJader and 9 others like this.
  15. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 18, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 18, 2021 :
    I always like making smores

16. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

SJBoss , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Sarcasm won't help you, not unless you return the money you took for that thread and come out clean :rolleyes:
    He's just passing by. but yea, you'll see more weekly updates from him.
    Okay tokolozi, man you're thread was supposed to be mentioned here, @Shivang Joshi just somehow forgot about it :rolleyes:

17. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 18, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 18, 2021 :
    I am sad :( at least it was mentioned in the official review.

I will forgive.... But will I forget?

otto2, Shivang Joshi, SJBoss and 9 others like this.
  18. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Money? I thought all payments were made in marshmallows and best wishes. I clearly need to review the conditions of my non-existent contract. ;)

otto2, Shivang Joshi, McJader and 7 others like this.
  19. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 18, 2021

otto2, Shivang Joshi, McJader and 7 others like this.
  20. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 19, 2021

BobbyV8_ , Apr 19, 2021 :
    I'm listening

Did Petey try to mimic Steve Jobs?
    Acting like you don't care about what customer thinks might look cool, but that's not what made Jobs successful. That doesn't make you successful as well @Pete

Out there Mi started to call their next mobile a 'superphone' and I ROFL'd what is this! Is Smart the new dumb? Is that what these 2 big guys are trying to say?