Unofficial Week In Review: Vol 2 Issue 4 - After 7 Years of OnePlus

1. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 25, 2021

BobbyV8_ , Apr 25, 2021 :
    VOL 2 ISSUE 4.jpg
    Another week ends the next issue of weekly review is here, let’s dive in.
    The big news of the week:
    OnePlus is now 7 Years old and reached many milestones. But the question remains, ‘Where do we stand?’
    After that very day, many of us learnt about the flagship killer and wanted OnePlus glam in our hands. For me OnePlus meant ‘unique’ and customization was the USP. Hardware to software everything was loved by the android community.

7 Years and 10 device launches later, I have no comments to make on the hopeless uniqueness of the once unique brand. A team striving to attain it is of @Hope L. trying to give us a distinct finish.Take a look at what Hope says here
    Header.jpg
    While Pete extends a kind gesture of offering a free repair and a new device for a user on this occasion, the question remains ‘What happened to the always ignored customer satisfaction?’

Let me tell you Pete, we have a PR team who turns everything into PR material and a Bug Hunting team who says “will be fixed in upcoming updates” for a hardware failure. What a pity.
    Closer to Earth Day:
    Another week, another contest.
    Show your skills in making a DIY something and let’s brace to see missing chargers.
    OnePlus is asking us to do what they’re doing recently, make garbage shine. I already see lots of OnePlus boxes show up wrapped in tape.
    One idea that I liked​
    Guns & Roses!
    While I’m not able to bring you roses OnePlus gave us all some guns since the 7 series and after some discussion on ‘bloat or not’, the software team says a set of images are helping haptic motor generate better feedback! Check /etc/gun_type_lib
    True colours in Monochrome:
    We’ve all seen a lot of hype on the colour accuracy on the 9 Series partnered with Hasselblad. Have you ever thought about what it can do on the colourless versions? Our LAB reviewer @Zain Ali has it covered here. Ignoring the hard to catch content presentation enjoy some good monochrome pictures.

That reminds me of a never-ending discussion on The LAB, we have @SJBoss making some noise one more time and oh boi! I see users who remained subtle for a long time joining him.

Do you think LAB has lost its charm and needs an overhaul? Let us help DS Monty in how it can be done by sharing your views here
    While you’re at it, share your views on this proposal too
    True IP rating on the 9 Series:
    Looks like Pete went underwater to prove not just the camera capabilities, but also the waterproofing capabilities of the 9 Series. I’m excited and can’t wait to take a 9Pro for scuba into the Arabian soon. I’m sure I wouldn’t need any extra hardware to do the magic and 9Pro stays intact after coming out.
    Underwater.PNG
    He also says in another tweet that the display can go to as low as 1Hz refresh rate, well well!! Breathtaking indeed. When do you think a screen needs to / will go to 1Hz refresh rate?
    Product Portfolio:
    Looks like OnePlus has perfected the current product line. @Cheetosdust invites new ideas on what OnePlus should further give us. What do you think we need more from OnePlus?
    (P.S: Do not look at the OnePlus watch, it was already said that it’s a great first attempt)
    Genius of the week:
    I should say we have a great idea for the next product – The OnePlus Belt. It sounds crazy, but who will be the real genius if this could go into production and we hear on the stage these exact words?​
    No wonder @Tobikage backs it
    In Other News:
    Apple spring-loaded event has finally revealed their overpriced Airtags, M1 iMacs, M1 iPads, updated Apple TV, Purple iPhone 12 (@Tokolozi might like one)
    Apple Spring loaded.jpg
    I wasn’t a fan of iPads earlier, but up to 2TB storage & 16GB RAM with an M1 chip! You got me talking, now can we find me a sponsor? I can also adopt an M1 iMac if sponsored.

Who knew REvil has set the stage for launching their upcoming schematics until they demanded $50 Million! Want to talk more about security and Apple??

I’m excited to discuss the spring-loaded event but SJ has been a spoilsport.

Mi 11 Series is here (That’s 2 lifecycles ahead of OnePlus LOL).
    Manu Jain (Kumar of course) got us 11 Ultra, 11X Pro & 11X in their latest launch. 11 Ultra is a superphone as per them and I’m only talking about smartphones here.
    Mi11.jpg
    11X comes with SD 870 at Rs 30k for the 6+128 variant and Rs 32k for the 8+128 variant.
    11X Pro has SD 888 on board at Rs 40k for the 8+128 variant and Rs 42k for the 8+256 variant.
    Not to forget the 75 Inch QLED 4K TV at Rs 120K
    I can smell some true competition folks.
    ! Wrap !
    Let me wrap this week with wishing health to all of us. It hurts me to say that some of our forum friends fell prey to COVID and I urge you all to stay safe. No matter what, please share your well-being with us. After all the time together in this virtual world, we’re family and care for each other.

Good to know @Sun90 @Funk Wizard got their shots to fight against COVID.

If you come across WIR worthy content, please tag me @B_Wrath @SJBoss @Shivang Joshi

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 25, 2021

3. BobbyV8_

You somehow said you're immune. That's what matters

SMRasel, RoyDecoy, buntycubal and 6 others like this.
  4. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2021

5. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 25, 2021

6. BobbyV8_

C2D38LVVQAA1C9c.jpg

7. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 25, 2021

SJBoss , Apr 25, 2021 :
    But you said...
    And no OIS or IP rating as well, just to match 9's spec list. Still 10k cheaper.
    We'll get back to you on that, hang on!.
    Gonna need less edge on that.
    Ummm.... But it can.
    Paychecks, for doing all this. no, really :rolleyes:
    It was probably his own idea, he just asked someone else to propose it.
    It's violet.
    I did what?
    Superphone or not, it's the phone to beat in 2021 the specs at that price are rare nowadays and the phone excels in whatever you throw at it. The Camera setup doesn't have any branding other than mi but it still managed to punch way above it's weight. It's a full package and mi has been very consistent with updates even on their mid range devices so that's not going to be a problem. The only thing that might put some people off is MIUI but that's subjective.

8. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 25, 2021

9. McJader
    Marshmallow Apr 25, 2021

McJader , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Ooof.
    Thanks for the WIR,some interesting content, to say the least;)
    Also ngl, I'm not a fan of the header:p
    Wanted to say this for the last WIR too:oops:

10. BobbyV8_

I'm not Hasselblad, color accuracy isn't my thing

For a change, let's blame you.

Let's blame @SJBoss for anything and everything bad

I saw you say

B_Wrath, SRD., G_plusone and 4 others like this.
  11. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 25, 2021

northbay5566, RJBoss, Mr. BG and 5 others like this.
  12. BobbyV8_

IKR!
    We should also have 1+ collar
    Screenshot_20210425-162311.jpg

13. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 25, 2021

Dresa91 , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Still with Professor Oak to choose the right Pokeball.
    still the question where OnePlus wants to go and what OnePlus wants to be..

14. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 25, 2021

15. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 25, 2021

SJBoss , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Told him :rolleyes:
    I see what you did there.
    Nope, we already have @meatandy and @GopalB. Just for that.
    Will come in handy while bashing OnePlus :rolleyes:

RJBoss, GopalB., ahfdee and 6 others like this.
  16. BobbyV8_

This is a perfect example of how OnePlus started and where it went :p

Why the suspense :oops:

I said for a change.

So no more whip for GopalB with a dot?

17. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 25, 2021

G_plusone , via OnePlus 3 , Apr 25, 2021 :
    It's Pikachu :cool:

18. BobbyV8_

SJBoss, Dresa91 and G_plusone like this.
  19. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 25, 2021

Dresa91 , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Yeah:D
    Haha:D

BobbyV8_, SJBoss and G_plusone like this.
  20. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 25, 2021

G_plusone , via OnePlus 3 , Apr 25, 2021 :
    You got it before and you won't get it again?
    No no
    Maybe OnePlus One or OnePlus 3