Unofficial Week In Review: Vol 2 Issue 5 - Together In Tough Times

1. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 2, 2021

B_Wrath , May 2, 2021 :
    sample_1.png
    Another week is over (to be frank, a boring one on the forums. Why did it have to be the week I had to write the WIR!?), it’s time to dive into the latest Unofficial Week In Review.

A new identity
    Meet the “Week In Review Gang”. We get recognized :p
    @Leo X. has christened this rag tag collection of users behind the unofficial WIR and hopes we will cover anything which is missed in the official weekly updates. Don’t worry Leo, we have a keen eye.

Monty and LAB reviewers responds to the LAB discussion
    Last week, we highlighted a thread by @SJBoss on the need to overhaul “The LAB”. That thread attracted a lot of regulars and newcomers, as well as a few LAB contestants. And after a long time, surprisingly, we had a healthy discussion on the forums.

@dsmonteiro has summarized the discussion (quite well actually). You can read it here.

I hope, with all the data he has collected, we will see a massive overhaul to the dear tradition of LAB.

And few of the 9 series LAB reviewers have said that they will be active on the forums. So don’t hesitate to tag them or the device experts if you run into some troubles with your 9 series devices.:)

Meet OneLab
    @Cheetosdust interviews the OneLab team. They are a team of 9 members, who want to push the envelope of innovation through experimentation. The goal of the team is to create innovative solutions to enhance the user experience.

It is good to see a team which is unencumbered by the corporate goals and constraints. With the freedom this team has, I am excited to see projects from them and how the Oxygen OS shapes up.

All the best, OneLab team.

Android 11 for OnePlus 6/T
    @Gary C. posted the April 2021 "All about Oxygen OS" Q&A thread. And the first thing which was answered was about Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11 for OnePlus 6/T.
    Let us just hope that the OP6/T devices get a bug free stable OOS11 before their EOL. I just can't handle my OP6 being given the same treatment of "Nougat for OP2". @Tobikage I'm looking at you:rolleyes:

@Dresa91 created a thread where users shared their opinions on the OOS11 timeline for OP6/T. Head over there and share your opinions as well.

DC Universe discusses OnePlus strategy
    So. Is OnePlus a Hero or a Villain? This is the topic with @Jason C. and @dnagpaldg discuss on their thread here. The discussion is on the ever increasing price of the OnePlus products and what justifies the price tag.

Personally, I do not see the price of a product, but rather the value it offers against the price it commands. If it is equal or if the value exceeds the price, I don’t think twice about buying a costlier product. (Of course, as long as the wallet supports it:p).

And to chime in on the opinion about the topic, I do believe the sentence “you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain” suits OnePlus aptly. In their pursuit of becoming the best of the best, they have forgotten the roots.
    joker_x_commissioner_gordon_by_dorianharper_d1oxymj-fullview.jpg

Physics class is in session
    OnePlus phones are “heavier” after the Android 11 update, or that’s what a user thinks. What started out as a troll thread turned into a physics debate session, thanks to @TheMystic and @dsmonteiro. They discuss how adding data to a device, actually increases the overall weight. (No wonder @AmrAttab feels his OnePlus 7 Pro is heavier. After all, Android 11 uses around 26GB of storage in some cases).​
    there-are-already-rumors-of-a-return-for-professor-x-1589217732.jpg

The hidden feature of OnePlus Nord
    @MANAVCHOPRA has unearthed the conspiracy behind why the latest phones pack such huge batteries. Apparently, Manav thinks OnePlus wants to create a weapon of mass destruction by creating a battery which uses 388 amperes and makes the phone blast!

But what Manav didn’t realize is, his OnePlus Nord can be used as a mini generator! Now, that is a hidden feature which will be useful :p

The most optimistic user in the forums
    @Hemant Roy seems to be the most optimistic person on the forums, maybe, in the entire universe. You ask why? This is what he had to say:
    It reminds me of the below dialogue:
    isla rivera.png

On a serious note
    India is going through a crisis due to the pandemic. There is a huge shortage of clinical oxygen and quite a few number of companies have extended a helping hand.

Manufacturing companies are diverting their oxygen requirements to hospitals and other companies are helping in procurement of oxygenators.

You too can donate to the cause:
    OnePlus is procuring and donating 400 oxygenators. Further, they are working with GiveIndia.org to to raise relief funds for those affected and India’s frontline workers. You can make your contribution here.
    And my sincerest thanks to each and everyone, from all over the world, who has contributed to the cause.:)

Also, kudos to the OnePlus_IN‘s social media platforms for amplifying all #COVIDEmergency. Please continue to tag them to amplify your message in case of an emergency.

Zomato too has set up a donation drive for providing hospitals and patients with oxygen and medical supplies. You can contribute here.

CRED has tied up with milaap.org lets you redeem the CRED coins to donate Oxygen. You can find more details about it here.

That’s all folks! If you come across WIR worthy content, please tag me, @BobbyV8_ , @SJBoss or @Shivang Joshi !

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 May 2, 2021

3. .Deleted_Member.
    Nougat May 2, 2021

4. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 2, 2021

pablofg1978 , May 2, 2021 :
    Nice reading! Good job!

5. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 2, 2021

Venky61 , May 2, 2021 :
    Nicely wrapped up the weekly summary @B_Wrath

Thanks to all the community members from around the world for the helping hand in this crisis.

6. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow May 2, 2021

Shailender Sharma , May 2, 2021 :
    Very well summed up. :)
    5e192f016737cffa93e18143395399f4.gif

8. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer May 2, 2021

BobbyV8_ , May 2, 2021 :
    I know someone who was really disappointed with it. We all know don't we!

That brick is something like kaal kilo!

Is it allowed inflight as hand luggage?

@SJBoss expects not to get a troll treatment?

Tough times! Stay together, but mind your distance.

9. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 2, 2021

SJBoss , May 2, 2021 :
    Fingers crossed so much that they might break.
    Oh you can and you will :rolleyes:
    Hasselblad, duh :rolleyes:
    they have forgotten nothing, they've strategically planned this.
    So OnePlus is using Stark's nano tech?

Last edited: May 2, 2021

10. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 2, 2021

TheMystic , May 2, 2021 :
    It is true that adding data increases the weight of the phone. Here is proof:

Claimed Weight out of the box: 188 gms:

Screenshot_20210502-174059.jpg

Actual weight: 203 gms

Screenshot_20210502-174346.jpg

Reason:

Screenshot_20210502-173854.jpg

System occupying 27 GB. And other files too. :)

To confirm, here is another example:

Claimed Weight out of the box for iPhone 7 Plus: 188 gms

Screenshot_20210502-173955.jpg

Actual weight: 193 gms

IMG_20210502_173716.jpg

Both phones have increased in weight due to addition of data. :)

And yeah, my OnePlus 8T has much more data stored locally than my iPhone 7 Plus. That explains why it is heavier. :)

11. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert May 2, 2021

12. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 2, 2021

@dsmonteiro
    Would you like to explain this?

13. Arjun_Choudhry
    KitKat May 2, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , May 2, 2021 :
    Now that's what I call a Proper Week in Review. Good job @B_Wrath :)

14. TibiTibi

TibiTibi , May 2, 2021 :
    Could you delete all the data to proof the theory?
    I wonder if you do a factory reset and delete all the bloatware will the weight be less than the advertised 188g.

15. rhyd1am
    KitKat May 2, 2021

16. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 2, 2021

I will try and remember to do this if I do a factory reset. :)

17. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 2, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 2, 2021 :
    Better delete all those zip files on your 8T, they rapidly add weight to your phone, don’t they @McJader ?:rolleyes:

18. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 2, 2021

the_o2 , May 2, 2021 :
    Come on this is the OnePlus 5 :rolleyes:

Now I'm scared of storing data on to the cloud, the cloud might fall on my head :p:D

19. TibiTibi

TibiTibi , May 2, 2021 :
    Packed data/file/info has lower weight than uncompressed?

20. TibiTibi

TibiTibi , May 2, 2021 :
    Looking forward and tag me then 😃👍