Unofficial Week In Review : Volume 2 Issue 18 - Why are we even?

?

Who is the Genius of the Week?

1. Storeception

7.1%
  2. The Conspiracy Theorist

50.0%
  3. The Walking Billboard

28.6%
  4. The Inventor

7.1%
  5. The Weird Screen Protection Requester

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Aug 1, 2021 :
    upload_2021-8-1_17-40-16.jpeg

What do you do when all of the UWIR members are busy in real life and can't write this week's UWIR? You resurrect the deado_O. This thread is written by the now dead forum troll @SJBoss. But I wonder, "Why did he even"! I ended up correcting it so much, I might as well have written it from scratch

Welcome to another Episode of "Why are we even?" or was it Week In Review? I lost the track because with each passing day (week?) we talk less and less about technology and more about how genius people that reside here are, and sometimes even the people who run this thing.
    This week is no different, So folks buckle up this is going to be a bumpy ride:rolleyes: and let's just
    [​IMG]

So, usually this thread consists of news about the forum stuff, something about the outside world and genius of the week.
    But today, it's all geniuses (well, mostly) and you get to pick the winner! Exciting, innit?

We do have a few interesting news and things to talk about so let's get those out of the way first:

Qualcomm and Intel are Partners (Spoiler: they're not :rolleyes:)
    There was an article on XDA about how Intel might be building next gen chips for Qualcomm in near future and then there was more explanation how they might not and that's it, basically a clickbait.
    @CosmicPaladin talks in detail about this business transaction between Intel and Qualcomm in his well written thread. Do give it a read.

DIY Laptops but you still can't change the important parts yourself
    There was an article on XDA about how Intel might be building next gen chips for Qualcomm in near future and then there was more explanation how they might not and that's it, basically a clickbait. The Next thing is DIY Laptops from a Company called Frame Work computers. They'll let you choose and customise almost every aspect of the Laptop but for the processor you still have to change the mobo. Still considering how laptop market is It's a step in a right direction.

No "T" this year?o_O
    If "Twitter News" has to be believed, We might not see a T version of OnePlus's big duo this year. According to Twitter user Max Jambor, OnePlus won't be releasing the T variant this year for some reasons which is kinda surprising. Thoughts?

Note 7... Is that you?
    OnePlus had a blast launching Nord 2 5G powered by Dimensity 1200 AI (that's all of it, innit?:rolleyes:) last month but that didn't stop there, some users are having a blast after buying the device. Curious?
    According to this guy, allegedly, his wife's brand new Nord 2 went full Note 7 (means it exploded you illiterates:rolleyes:) while she was out for cycling and due to this she met with an accident. What unfortunate turn of events! OnePlus is yet to comment on this. But we all know how it goes.

Edit: Apparently, the tweet has been deleted, twice! But I'm a genius myself. Here is the screenshot. Why the poster delete it, no one knows. But one can speculate. Either he faked it as spontaneous combustion or OnePlus paid him off. It's up to you guys to make a decision.
    Screenshot_2021-08-01-18-49-07-60_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

GENIUSES OF THE WEEK

Storeception?o_O
    Have you downloaded the OnePlus Store App? Yes? Check again! Apparently, That's what happening to one of the OnePlus user even though he already downloaded the OnePlus Store App (I believe he had his reasons:rolleyes:) he still get notifications to download it. the fun part is, he gets that notification inside the App itself:rolleyes: That's some next level PR stuff.
    Maybe they want you to install another store App in the parallel, Since Color OS lite has that built in? or they're having a laugh about it.

China is coming to get you! or not:rolleyes:
    Remember the time when we used to share gifs of trump blaming "CHINA!" for almost anything? Yea, well that's the case with every proud "Indian" (there aren't much, don't worry:rolleyes:) now, thanks to Mr. Moody.
    This guy wanted to know if China was doing any shady buisness through OnePlus products and he wants to talk to the Top dawgs only, not some trolls like @Tobikage or @sfomin :rolleyes:
    It's funny how everyone is only suspicious about Chinese products when it comes to online privacy and while it might be true to some extent, it doesn't mean you can just ignore everyone else.

Become a Walking Billboard!
    Yes!! You heard it right!! Wanna be a walking Nord 2 "5G" spec sheet? OnePlus got you covered! You can win a spec sheet T shirt in the raffles and walk around like a OnePlus billboard fan, and the best part is... wait for it... You don't get paid for the free marketing they get!!

The future is here! Well, almost : Brace yourself!
    The next revolution in technology is just one step reply away. This guy has some extra ordinary Inventions that might change course of reality or bend space and time for all we know, since his "Inventions" are still a mystery and he'd only share it with one person, Pete Lau. And that's why, his Inventions may never see light of the day, sigh. Another Tesla wasted.

"Tampered" Screen Protector
    That's not a complaint which in itself is very unusual and fascinating at the same time. This user wants his screen protector to be tampered with and his requests only get more bizzare from here. Looking at OnePlus' record, his request might not be that unusual, since one of the user's "Brand new" 8T was not that brand new, apparently. So there's a chance his request may be fulfilled.

That is all, have you decided yet who deserves the title of Genius of The Week more than the others? If you haven't, go on debate in the replies and brawl until we have a winner or you're all dead:rolleyes:

The End
    You know the rest, tag one of the guys, @B_Wrath @BobbyV8_ @Tokolozi @McJader @Shivang Joshi (still MIA, or is he KIA?o_O), if and when you see something worthy or interesting enough to be included here. Adios! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand It's gone.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 1, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Thank you and the whole WIR team for this weekly recap 👏🏼👏🏼🤗
    I am all in for the walking dead billboard:) let’s become a specs sheet 💪🏼

3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Aug 1, 2021 :
    I wonder who will be even ready to do it! I am okay with the brand logo on the T shirt. Not the spec sheet.

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 1, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Not?:D Haha :D

5. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Aug 1, 2021

6. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 1, 2021

the_o2 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    So this means less ' OnePlus cheated us threads ' ;)
    T devices are great, I was really disappointed when they not launched a " Nord T " and now no 9T 😏:smirk:

And thanks for all the Genius of the week :cool:

Thanks again for the UWIR :)

7. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Thanks again for my Sunday read. Can’t really decide for GOTW, tempted to choose the “China dude”, partially because he has difficulty reading or at least understanding.

buntycubal, Tokolozi, the_o2 and 3 others like this.
  8. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Aug 1, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Aug 1, 2021 :
    True!
    The 'Chinese Spyware guy' was only interested in the opinion from genuine users and experts!
    He is my GOTW.

Thanks @B_Wrath for this edition of UWIR.🤗

buntycubal, G_plusone, the_o2 and 3 others like this.
  9. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Aug 1, 2021 :
    It's all because of china!

10. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Aug 1, 2021

camohan , Aug 1, 2021 :
    I do not like the polls here. Kunti never differentiate amongst her 5 Pandava Sons, how in this damn world, you did not allow Multiple options in the poll.

Note 7 tweet is no longer available, I guess the tweet is deleted by some secret agents of the country?

11. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Aug 1, 2021 :
    China? Probably China.

12. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Two hours ago it it was still there!! :eek:

@B_Wrath, they're on to you........RUN,

the_o2, buntycubal, G_plusone and 5 others like this.
  13. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Aug 1, 2021 :
    I gots the screenshot. Eh he he he he.
    [​IMG]

the_o2, buntycubal, G_plusone and 4 others like this.
  14. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Aug 1, 2021 :
    That's what makes you a liability.

[​IMG]

15. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 1, 2021 :

They are:

tenor (52).gif
    You
    And

tenor (51).gif
    For the right moment.

16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 1, 2021

17. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    True

But now the tweet is gone, I guess OnePlus won't comment on the incident?

18. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Aug 1, 2021 :
    See the edited first post :rolleyes:

19. rhyd1am
    KitKat Aug 1, 2021

rhyd1am , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Damn........ Oneplus are in series trouble looking at that evidence 😮

They better get their legal team ready 🙄

20. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    "Why the poster delete it, no one knows. But one can speculate. Either he faked it as spontaneous combustion or OnePlus paid him off. It's up to you guys to make a decision."

Can't we add a second poll? :rolleyes:

o Fake story
    o Payed off by OnePlus