Unofficial Week In Review : Volume 2 Issue 35 - Home Sweet Home.

1. SJBoss
    Lollipop Nov 28, 2021

SJBoss , Nov 28, 2021 :
    IMG_20211128_233115_831.jpg
    Yea
    , the tagline has more to do with me than today's weekly update. Yes, I'm home and I'm really feeling and vibing to the lazy song from Bruno Mars, I can procrastinate things and maybe not do anything at all :rolleyes: it was fun until @McJader asked the question that haunts us every week "who's writing UWIR?" Yes, we're short on writers and that's why some of the weekly updates were not upto the mark. We would've skipped a few weeks if it wasn't for @BobbyV8_ , So give it up for Booby!
    [​IMG]
    I couldn't skip writing the UWIR but I did procrastinate it until now, that's the least I could do :rolleyes: anyway, let's just
    [​IMG]
    before it's too late.

Nord 2 Vulnerability :
    This week hasn't been great for Nord 2 users and 9/9 Pro beta testers (more on 9 Pro laters). according to a post on XDA Nord 2 has a vulnerability that grants root shell access within minutes on a locked bootloader, without a data wipe, for that to happen the attacker needs physical access to your device which is unlikely until you willingly give your device to strangers or in unfortunate events of theft. Regardless, it's a serious vulnerability which continues to haunt newly launched Pac Man addition phones as well. I don't think if OnePlus has responded to it yet but it should be a quick fix (I really hope that's the case.)

OOS 12 beta to OOS 11 :
    For some unknown reasons 9/9 Pro beta tester started receiving OOS 11.2xxxx update which if installed soft bricks your device. @Cheetosdust did post a warning in the beta thread and asked people not to install it but there were no explanation about how and what eggjactly happened yet. So if you're one of those people who installed it before the warning... Sucks to be you :rolleyes:

IN OTHER NEWS

[​IMG]
    MediaTek Dimensity 9000 : @CosmicPaladin has put out really nice thread about Snapdragon 8Gx Gen 1 or S8 Gen 1 whatever it'll be called so I thought Dimensity deserves a mention as well.

Dimensity 9000 is the first smartphone chip built on TSMC 4nm process which basically means high performance and low power consumption, first smartphone chip to use Cortex X2 core and world's first chip to include Bluetooth 5.3 it also improves on graphics with new Mali G710 10 core GPU which comes with a new SDK for ray tracing capabilities (noice! right?) on papers it supports upto 320 MP sensors and capable of capturing 4K HDR from upto three cameras simultaneously (as reported by GSMarena) which could be turn into 18 bit 4K HDR at 270 fps. and all the 2021/22 bells and whistles which comes at a cost. Double the price of last MediaTek flagship! it's still not Snapdragon money though and with those specs, some great affordable devices should be expected in 2022.

[​IMG]
    Samsung Kills Note Series for Good (No, Really, for good) :
    As you all may already know that Samsung dropped Note lineup from this year's plans but if new reports are to be believed Samsung is retiring Note series smartphones for good in favour of foldable ones. Which was kinda expected, It only makes sense if you think about it, Fold devices are better Note devices than Note itself, the only thing fold devices needed was S Pen.

Galaxy Z fold 2 and Fold 3 were exceptional smartphone, fold 2 was a thoughful upgrade over Fold, I really wanted to experience Fold 3 but sadly my wallet didn't allow me and there's no The LAB for Samsung smartphones, sad life.

GENIUS OF THE WEEK

This week's genius is a bit different as well, there were few strong contenders here and there but I picked a literal genius, Huawei USA tweeted this
    IMG_20211128_202520_104.jpg
    I was like waaaat until I realised what's going on :rolleyes: the tweet was immediately liked by thousands of people and huawei had to tweet again saying "It was just a joke" as they're banned from selling smartphones in USA.

that's all for this week but wait there's
    [​IMG]
    We're cooking something special for UWIR readers I can't share much as of now but It'd involve games, points and digital/physical swag. A lot of things are still being discussed and finalised but we'll try to make this as fun as possible so stay tuned!

UWIR needs you! :
    As I've already mentioned we're short on writers and we sometimes struggle to put out UWIRs due to this, You can help us by providing links to geniuses, important things that takes place on this forum, user engagement in any way gives us motivation to make time for this. We're also looking for new recruits, you don't have to be a wordsmith to write UWIR, being rational, witty, and a will to write will do just fine (extra points if being pretentious isn't your style). anyone interested can contact @BobbyV8_ @B_Wrath and @McJader as they'll be quick to respond unlike rest of us.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm gone.

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Nov 28, 2021

Dresa91 , Nov 28, 2021 :
    Thanks for the UWIR :)
    enjoyed reading it:)

3. BeingIncog
    Nougat Nov 28, 2021

4. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Nov 28, 2021

5. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Writers' Club Nov 28, 2021

BobbyV8_ , Nov 28, 2021 :
    We don't proof read your posts. If you pick a week, that week is on you. All we need from you is - don't sugar coat, be realistic and entertain our readers.

Earn UWIR coins and buy UWIR swag. We might also run special sales during which UWIR digital products will be sold at a premium.

Worship us and we will increase the prices.

HarshKK14, Caomhin, RacerZ and 16 others like this.
  6. SJBoss
    Lollipop Nov 29, 2021

SJBoss , Nov 29, 2021 :
    [​IMG]
    I even forgot to mention that it was done by @rohitanand o_O
    You sound like those street salesman who keeps on repeating their lines and got sick of it. :rolleyes:

Caomhin, RacerZ, WakeAwake and 10 others like this.
  7. BeingIncog
    Nougat Nov 29, 2021

Bobbie63 , TibiTibi, McJader and 2 others like this.
  8. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Nov 29, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Bruh

Ahh..."share the UWIR and win a UWIR underwear signed by all writers, while wearing"

9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Nov 29, 2021

SJBoss , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Yep that's his name, Booby :rolleyes:
    And not just any ordinary underwear, it'll be @BobbyV8_ 's underwear that he has been wearing for past 2 yrs :rolleyes:

RacerZ, WakeAwake, pkg3107 and 5 others like this.
  10. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Nov 29, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Oh come on! Don't bully him
    Buy him a new underwear once you take the old one from him :rolleyes:

11. BeingIncog
    Nougat Nov 29, 2021

RacerZ, Bobbie63 , TibiTibi and 2 others like this.
  12. McJader
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Nov 29, 2021

McJader , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Ungrateful:rolleyes:
    *Terms and Conditions apply

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021

13. McJader
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Nov 29, 2021

McJader , Nov 29, 2021 :
    You know you want it:rolleyes:

14. BeingIncog
    Nougat Nov 29, 2021

15. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Writers' Club Nov 29, 2021

BobbyV8_ , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Beach stole it without credits.

You expect any better PR for the sheet you wrote? Hard luck beach.

Since when do you fancy that?

Such obsession beach!

Obsession it is.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021

16. Tokolozi
    The Lab Reviewer - OPPO Find N Nov 29, 2021

17. SJBoss
    Lollipop Nov 29, 2021

SJBoss , Nov 29, 2021 :
    We don't have funds for that yet :rolleyes:
    I wrote, that's all matters.
    Heck even Intel pulled an AMD.

18. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Nov 29, 2021

19. Bobbie63
    Nougat Nov 29, 2021

Bobbie63 , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Thanks for this new episode of the UWIR, this time for me it wasn’t my Sunday read unfortunately but I noticed it’s also a good Monday evening read.:)

20. Tokolozi
    The Lab Reviewer - OPPO Find N Nov 30, 2021

Tokolozi , Nov 30, 2021 :
    At least they pretend they do....