"Unread messages" ?

1. Ross B
    Eclair Sep 1, 2014

Ross B , Sep 1, 2014 :
    Hey. So I restored a bunch of backed up text messages. They don't show up as new messages in my apps, but I get a notification for so so many unread messages.

I tried using the 'Reset unread SMS' app, but as I said in another recent thread, doing a process makes my screen stay black... So I'd rather have another option in case that doesn't work.

Help?

2. xf4d3
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2014

xf4d3 , Sep 1, 2014 :
    I had the same on mine, 2 unread messages.
    Opend up all the old messages in messaging, and the notification was gone.

DRCH likes this.
  3. qwertyelf
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2014

4. vinx
    Eclair Dec 6, 2014

5. vinx
    Eclair Dec 6, 2014

vinx , Dec 6, 2014 :
    OK finally got it. I had Messaging (OPO standard SMS app), Hangouts (my default messaging app until last month) and Google Messenger (the most recent and my actual messaging app). I of course checked all of the apps to see if I left any message unread and actually deleted all the messages but still got that glitch. So this is what I've done in few simple steps.

In order to see unread messages from the Messaging app I had to first uninstall Google Messenger.

Set OPO Messaging app as default.

Erase finally the messages stuck in the app that magically appeared.

Reinstall Google Messenger.

Done.

It looks like if I was simply selecting OPO Messaging app as my default, it didn't allow me to see those UNREAD messages cause the Status Update of the messages was relying on the data written by Google Messenger.