Unresponsive Screen

1. Sankalp.30
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2020

Sankalp.30 , Nov 23, 2020 :
    I have oneplus 6 device which is almost 2 and half years old. I am facing issues of unresponsive touchscreen on lower half of the display. Ill add screenshot where the touch response is not being recorded by the device.
    Also I have noticed screen burn in which is caused due to PUBG game which I used to play intensively.

Any reason/solution for the unresponsive touch?

Attached Files:

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Nov 23, 2020

Tokolozi , Nov 23, 2020 :
    If it's in all apps, it's mostly likely a hardware issue. Contact support to see what they can do.

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Sankalp.30
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2020

Sankalp.30 , Nov 24, 2020 :
    Ya its happening in all the apps and I contacted the oneplus support they are saying to go for a screen replacement which is around 8k and I'm in a situation thinking whether to repair it or upgrade to a new one.

4. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 24, 2020 :
    Check with the OnePlus Diagnostic tool.

You can run this tool to check if everything is working as expected by clicking on Detect Now.

Just follow the instructions on the screen.

Download OnePlus Diagnostic tool.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/oneplus-ltd/oneplus-diagnostic/

You might also consider backing up the phone, then doing a full Erase All Data factory reset. And see how that fares out, before going to the expense of a new screen. It's possible that it may be an Android software issue.

But if that doesn't fix it, you will have to take it to a OnePlus Approved Service centre and get them to check it out.

Tokolozi likes this.
  5. McJader
    KitKat Nov 24, 2020

McJader , Nov 24, 2020 :
    I'd suggest you upgrade to a new one if you can (personal opinion)