Unresponsive screen

1. foxblur
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

foxblur , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Whoa so many bugs I've seen posted in the last few days.

2. hassan_1000
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

3. Revolised
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

Revolised , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Had the same issue twice so far. The first time I was messaging with whatsapp, and switching to youtube to watch a video. At some point screen became unresponsive to taps. Screen on and off did work, but nothing else. Hard reset (long pressed on/off button) did the trick and it didn't happend again that day. The second time I was scrolling down in an app (linkedin), screen became unresponsive all of a sudden. Needed to do a hard reboot again. Both times I was outside and the phone was in direct sunlight. Outside temperature was about 20 degrees celcius. Phone temerature was normal. Did not measured it, but most definitely not hot to the touch. I don't think gestures has a lot to do with it. This issue started after I turned off gestures. I turned it off because the damn thing started to call emergency services in my pocket...

I've voted for this issue in Jira and copy-pasted this reaction as a reaction in Jira aswell.

4. Ibsonic
    Froyo Aug 8, 2014

Ibsonic , Aug 8, 2014 :
    The bug is now changed to a major and known issue. This is good news.

The bug with fast typing, which is in combination with this one is fixed in the next ota. They're looking into this one now. Y'all can check it through the link in the OP.

Andrew Z and evapa like this.
  5. istring
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2014

istring , Aug 10, 2014 :
    For me. Removing Google launcher seems to have fixed the issue.
    The unit was almost unusable at one point.

6. gustavv321
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2014

7. istring
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2014

8. benster44
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2014

benster44 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Things got better after I uninstalled Google Launcher (like istring) for a couple of days. Then the problem was back. I then followed instructions given in this comment ( link ). Everything seem to work OK (for now).

9. donvito83
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2014

donvito83 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Mine is the same way. Had no problems at first and now, even after a reset, the screen is still frozen.

I'm thinking it may be Google Now Launcher so I've switched back to Trebuchet. We'll see.

10. Fred M.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2014

Fred M. , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I have had intermittent issue on this. Found some info at xda-dev stating that the synaptics touch drivers have a new / newer version that should resolve this. The drivers need to be compiled into the kernel. Someone at xd included the new drivers and compiled and is testing. Hopefully CM will test and include new driver on next OTA.

For me, a reboot has fixed it for a while. I can live with it until the fix comes out.

Abhijeet357 and evapa like this.
  11. 0murt0
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2014

0murt0 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    i have this on my 64gb when i swtich it on i cant type in my pin or anything. i have to reboot 3 times before i can do anything. is there a fix?

12. evapa
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

evapa , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Can you post the link to XDA with this info?

13. Fred M.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2014

14. SherwinF
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

SherwinF , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I'm running stock ROM and it's only happened to me twice and I'm hoping it doesn't get worse. Does anyone know if this is happening to those running custom ROMS? Might have to switch to a custom one if the next OTA doesn't fix it.

15. istring
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2014

istring , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Trying everything at this point. Following g the advice from jira, removing all gestures and tap to wake feature I still had the problem. When it did occur the phone's screen seemed very hot. I had a nillkin tempered glass protector on, but since removing it haven't had it freeze. Just wondering if all you other users also have screenies on?

16. Fred M.

Fred M. , Aug 11, 2014 :
    You might be onto something... I also have a Nillkin glass screen protector installed.

17. V4sh31
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

V4sh31 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Same issue here :(
    Touchscreen stop working randomly and i have to turn off the device to unlock it.

18. donvito83
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2014

donvito83 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Have no screen protector on. Still happens - and I've gone back to Trebuchet launcher.

There definitely seems to be a heat issue. Ice noticed to that when I'm out in the sun, the screen appears to be less responsive - and gets hot too.

19. Fred M.

20. Android
    Eclair Aug 13, 2014

Android , Aug 13, 2014 :
    I have this issue as well. It's completely random, and frustrating. I updated to the latest version, but the problem presists. I had to restart my phone 5 times today.