Unrooted, how do I get Android Pay to work?

1. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2018

Nickexp , Jul 25, 2018 :
    So, it seems I need to relock the bootloader or otherwise reset the tamper flags in order to use Android Pay on my OP3. I've reflashed the stock recovery and am on the newest version of Oxygen OS, but is there any way to continue from here without wiping my phone entirely?

O1532226958161 likes this.
  2. ademarizu
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2018

ademarizu , Jul 25, 2018 :
    Not sure if will help, but to get Google Pay to work you need to make sure that your device passes the SafetyNet Test
    1532524595864.jpg
    For example, mine fails the CTS Profile Match. It's because my phone has its bootloader unlocked (like yourself). Some third-party firmwares (like FrancoKernel) will fix that for you and you won't need to relock your bootloader and thus format your phone.

3. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2018

Nickexp , Jul 25, 2018 :
    Bit late lol already relocked bootloader, but yeah my device wasn't passing that. I was able to add cards which previously it didn't let me do but no contactless payments.

4. ademarizu
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2018

ademarizu , Jul 25, 2018 :
    Sorry to hear that but hope at least you're happy with Google Pay working... and your "brand new" device .

5. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2018

Nickexp , Jul 25, 2018 :
    Still restoring my texts but that'll run in the background while I go to sleep anyway, but yeah Google Pay (keep getting confused by the name change) is working now it seems so that's pretty good. Also restored all my music and most of my recent photos and all of my memes (I only care about new photos being on my device right now, but memes are of critical importance obviously lol).

ademarizu likes this.
  6. saad1957
    Jelly Bean Jul 25, 2018

saad1957 , Jul 25, 2018 :
    keep your videos and photos on Google photos , and clean or format your device , it doesn't matter , they will be all the time there.