Unstable apps on One Plus 6t

1. Cata lin Cupcake Jan 3, 2019

Cata lin, Jan 3, 2019 :
    Hello,

I have recently purchased this phone and I noticed some problems with apps that I regularly use. Makes me sad to think that I spent all this money on and now I can't do my usual stuff.

The first app is HomeBank. My banking application. I can log into it only sometimes. 10% of the time if I am lucky. This is my biggest problem.

Another two apps are Soundcloud and Ski Tracks. These two mostly work in the background.
    While I have my earphones plugged in, after a few minutes of playback the app resets. It is like it gets closed and I need to open it up again. I am not getting this while connected to Bluetooth speakers.

Ski Tracks just gets paused after some time and does not start again automatically.

I have disabled battery optimisation for these apps but with no luck. The same problems are still there.

How can we get this fixed?

Thanks,
    Cătălin

2. MarkoBatrac Honeycomb Jan 3, 2019

MarkoBatrac, Jan 3, 2019 :
    Which oos you have ? any other mods, root etc ?
    I am on latest stable oos, and I don't have problems with those apps.
    Yeah, for those apps you need disable battery optimization. Also background restriction needs to be off

3. Cata lin Cupcake Jan 3, 2019

Cata lin, Jan 3, 2019 :
    I am also using the latest oos with no mods or root.
    Besides the battery optimisation there is one more setting under advanced optimisation where you can disable deep optimization. Do I need to disable this one too? This setting is a general one for all apps.

4. MarkoBatrac Honeycomb Jan 3, 2019

MarkoBatrac, Jan 3, 2019 :
    I have it disabled yes.. I dont know how to fix your problem, you need to check every options and play with it.

5. Cata lin Cupcake Jan 3, 2019

Cata lin, Jan 3, 2019 :
    I will try to play with the settings. My concern is that the battery life will be affected because of this.

Thanks!

6. Cata lin Cupcake Jan 6, 2019

Cata lin, Jan 6, 2019 :
    I have tried to play with the power settings. Nothing works. Same thing is happening. Makes me sad about my purchase

ayubmalik likes this.
  7. ayubmalik Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

ayubmalik, Jan 11, 2019 :
    I am having the same problems.
    Soundcloud stops working after a while

8. Jzkie Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

Jzkie, Jan 11, 2019 :
    Try changing the setting of the app you use on Battery > Battery Optimization. Click the app that experiences problem, Click Dont Optimize. This works on me on Messenger app, when i had it on 'Optimize' it sometimes force closes. But when i did what i said, it never occur again. You can use Deep Optimization but don't forget to change the setting of the app that having trouble. I hope it works on you guys.

9. Cata lin Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

Cata lin, Jan 12, 2019 :
    I have disabled all settings and still the same problem occurs.
    My banking app started to work only on WiFi connection after I have made the changes.
    In some cases there might be a small improvement.

10. ayubmalik Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

ayubmalik, Jan 12, 2019 :
    So I think have found a workaround for the soundcloud problem.

I have upgraded to Oxygen 9.0.11 and disabled battery optimisation but that did not work.

However if I "Lock" the soundcloud application this seems to prevent the app from stopping.

To lock the application click the square button and then choose "Lock" from the top right menu.

Hope this helps someone.

A.

11. A1547269591743 Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

A1547269591743, Jan 12, 2019 :
    I have also noticed this on a few apps that I have. But what I discovered was that on transferring they didn't work with this phone. I uninstalled them and reinstall them and then things started working fine. Hope this gives you a little insight to your problem.

12. hans.rymenants Cupcake Mar 7, 2019