Unstable mobile data connection

1. Fillossofer
    Donut May 27, 2020

Fillossofer , May 27, 2020 :
    I've had my OP7T less than a month and obviously much of that month has been spent inside my home connected to wifi. This weekend I played golf and discovered that when not connected to Wifi, this device is utterly useless. My data connection cycles through no service, 4G, 3G, and back to no service. Needless to say, bandwidth is horrible when it does manage to get a connection.
    Troubleshooting has included:
    1. Power cycling
    2. Resetting network connections
    3. Wiping cache
    4. Resetting APNs
    5. Reseating SIM
    6. Factory Reset
    7. I removed my SIM and put it in my old OP6T and found a strong data connection, so it is not a bad SIM.
    8. I've spent an hour on the phone with T-Mobile, who confirmed no network problems in my area. I've emailed OnePlus support and followed their guidance.

None of these things have worked.

9. I've researched forums and discovered that this is a common issue.

Therefore, I no longer want this device. I want a device that is the culmination of all of OnePlus' design and engineering efforts, and I WON'T SETTLE!

Seriously, I am so disappointed and I want my money back.

FlavioP and bkwchong like this.

4. kaulana1989
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

kaulana1989 , May 30, 2020 :
    I'm having the same issue no LTE only 4G and no service starting having issues since may 7 on
    T-mobile on the current SW update we need a fixed ASAP put in a new SIM card still having issues

5. kaulana1989
    Cupcake May 31, 2020

kaulana1989 , May 31, 2020 :
    I'm having the same issue no LTE only 4G and no service starting having issues since may 7 on
    T-mobile on the current SW update we need a fixed ASAP put in a new SIM card still having issues

6. Fillossofer
    Donut Jun 14, 2020

Fillossofer , Jun 14, 2020 :
    Same here. I tried a new SIM and it had no effect. I contacted OP support and sent a bunch of log files, but haven't heard anything more. This is a serious issue. I had a OP6T for a year and a half and had no problems, but the 7T just won't stay connected to high speed mobile network.

7. Fillossofer
    Donut Jun 14, 2020

Fillossofer , Jun 14, 2020 :
    I have sent log files to OP support but haven't heard anything more. The issue persists.

8. bkwchong
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2020

bkwchong likes this.
  10. bkwchong
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2020

bkwchong , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 23, 2020 :
    I have the same issue with Boost/ Telstra network in Sydney Australia. Technical support has contacted me twice just to get the details. No further follow up after that. It is a shame to have this issue. Otherwise, it is a great phone to use.

11. bkwchong
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2020

bkwchong , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 23, 2020 :
    I have enabled "mobile data always active". I will see if this can fix the issue or not. Thanks

bkwchong likes this.
  13. bkwchong
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2020

Deactivated User likes this.
  14. Fillossofer
    Donut Jun 25, 2020

Fillossofer , Jun 25, 2020 :
    This issue persists with no response from OP. I'm not happy with this dragging on for nearly two months. I spent hours of my time troubleshooting and sending log files to OP and they don't have the courtesy to tell me anything. This phone is GARBAGE without a steady mobile network connection. Seeing as others are having the same trouble, maybe they could work on fixing it, or if it is isolated to a handful of devices, REPLACE THEM. WTF does someone have to do to get attention after spending hundreds of dollars on a device that doesn't work??

15. kaulana1989
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2020

kaulana1989 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    My phone started working again a couple days ago after I got a new carrier update with T-Mobile go to settings about phone status look for Carrier update and updated I have not had any issues since the update and there's a new software update as well for the overall enhancements

16. kaulana1989
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2020

kaulana1989 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    My phone started working again a couple days ago after I got a new carrier update with T-Mobile go to settings about phone status look for Carrier update and updated I have not had any issues since the update and there's a new software update as well for the overall enhancements both me and my mom's phone is working again after almost two months of no service issues intermittently

17. Fillossofer
    Donut Jun 26, 2020

Fillossofer , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Thanks for the reply. Would you mind telling me the Carrier configuration Version on your phone? Mine is 2.360001. I received the security update, and updated the Carrier Configuration, but it has had no effect on my connectivity.

18. kaulana1989 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 26, 2020 :
    I got the same one that you did and the same security patch May and it had enhancements and fixes but both of our phones are working again no more going to no service or only HSPA plus i guess me and my mama lucky these are II phones we got replaced from The originals that were acting up

19. kaulana1989 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Even replacement phones where acting up until like 5 days ago

20. Fillossofer
    Donut Jun 26, 2020

Fillossofer , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Did you get replacement from T-Mobile?

Believe it or not, mine is worse today after updating carrier config than before! No service most of the day.

My old 6T sitting here with 4G LTE on the same SIM.

I guess I have a 7T paperweight.