Unveiling the OnePlus One

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete CEO Staff Member Apr 23, 2014

Pete, Apr 23, 2014 :
    forums.png

Having worked in the consumer technology industry for over 15 years, I realized a change was needed. We started OnePlus with the objective of creating the smartphone that people really wanted.

This could only be done by really listening to users from all over the world, by listening to their real needs and their past experiences with other products. Only by putting the users first and understanding their true desires would we be able to fulfill our mission and live up to our mantra. We sought to create the best day to day experience by not tipping our product to one side of the scale. This is what we mean with Never Settle.

On the software side, we partnered with one of the most respected teams in the industry. Through working closely with the Cyanogen team, we together created CyanogenMod 11S for the One: it’s fast, secure and customizable – features that users really want from their phones. Not only does the One feature great software, but also top of the line specs and amazing build quality. Together, this combines into what we call the 2014 Flagship Killer.

All in all, we spent countless hours in perfecting our device. We analysed it until the point where no one of us wanted to change anything anymore. We paid attention to the smallest detail, we looked carefully at every millimeter. In the last minute, we even discarded one of our molds to re-do it and skim 0.07mm - as thin as a human hair - to get it just right. Only during the last month, we made up to 36 revisions of the phone, not settling until everyone was satisfied. What we wanted was nothing less than absolute perfection.

Today, we can finally present to you what months of planning has come to, what hundreds of people have worked so hard for. And more importantly, what millions of fans all around the world have been waiting for. Our team is ready, and our website is up and welcoming you.

Our baby is born, we proudly present to you the OnePlus One.

carlobunnie, Tom B., Mr. BG and 280 others like this.
  2. mydragoon Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2014

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

3. Adam Krisko KitKat Community Expert Apr 23, 2014

4. Elisha Siegelman Donut Apr 23, 2014

Elisha Siegelman, Apr 23, 2014 :
    third! and really, guys. you have done an amazing job.

(i notice your motto extends to the advertisements you make as well. nice job!)
    :eek::D:D:D

darkbyte, bhotE, invy and 1 other person like this.
  5. sahaven7 Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

6. ameer Froyo Apr 23, 2014

darkbyte and alkeram like this.
  7. Ultimate Roger Eclair Apr 23, 2014

8. nibblemonkey Donut Apr 23, 2014

9. Edu Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

10. RetroGrenade Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

darkbyte, alkeram and BoxerMania like this.
  11. Loved Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2014

darkbyte likes this.
  12. superscientific Donut Apr 23, 2014

darkbyte and rucacc like this.
  13. script Nougat Moderator Apr 23, 2014

14. PyRowMan Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

15. roberto_ms2 Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

roberto_ms2, Apr 23, 2014 :
    Thanks for all your hard work. Very well job. From now on, here you have a fan of your company and the way you work ;)

Congrats !

16. MSD Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2014

MSD, Apr 23, 2014 :
    It looks nice, but I'm worrying about a couple of things.
    - The chin on the phone is HUGE, especially so if you enable the onscreen buttons.
    - Removable back, but REALLY..no way to replace the battery if needed?
    - At that price point, I'm wondering about the quality.
    - Available, Q2?? What's that supposed to mean?

And final words on the presentation...would it have been a big problem, if you guys added English translation in smaller font under the Chinese text?
    That way the majority of English speaking users could've followed the presentation.

I hope you guys clarify my questions a bit more.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

17. JorgeDiesel Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

18. elpollo Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2014

elpollo, Apr 23, 2014 :
    Good job! Little big for my taste, but with that price it's just the right size for my taste :)

19. AKito Eclair Apr 23, 2014

alkeram and Friendofoblivious like this.
  20. nerico Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

ronoldo, fede10, carlitos23 and 2 others like this.