Unveiling the OnePlus One

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sudo-O//e
    Donut Apr 23, 2014

2. Zsussan
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

Zsussan , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Nice! I want to upload a video that I smash my phone into pieces so I can get the plus one where do I upload or to?

3. JpZeta
    Apr 23, 2014

JpZeta , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I am extremely pleased with the result! This device and company hopefully can change what people consider in terms of value, quality, and experience. Can't wait to get mine!

4. carldprosser
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

5. SoulTribunal
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2014

SoulTribunal , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Congrats guys! I'm throwing my kidney at the screen (because I'm flat broke at the moment haha), I want one so bad :D.

Now we just have to play the waiting game

6. Jman123
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

Jman123 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Man this phone is awesome!!!! Congrats on your launch, I can't wait to get my hands on one. I buy all my phones our right at full retail to avoid contracts and losing my unlimited data, you've nailed the device in every aspect and to top it off the price point is awesome!!!! Thanks again guys for taking the consumer in to consideration

7. amjad_2020
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2014

8. katzoo
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

katzoo , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I understand that some people might feel lied to especially after leaks/renders being pretty much the same thing we saw today, but in my opinion the most important thing (no matter if you like the phone or not) coming from OnePlus is that IT IS POSSIBLE to create a product with beastly (as for now) specs and sell it at such low price. I doubt if this appearance will have any major impact on the overall smartphone market (like dropping prices of other phones etc), but I hope that at least some people (that might not even thought about buying OPO) have opened their eyes to see how much those 'big' companies steal from us.

I really like the phone from what I've seen so far and I will most likely buy one if I can (invites/availability). I haven't even owned any Android device yet, but I'm a big fan of letting users customize their phone instead of pre-installing a lot of bloatware. Despite of all the hate on forums I have to say that OnePlus has done an awesome job! I can't wait to get my invite and to see their next products :)

#NeverSettle

joshcalebsmith likes this.
  9. OneOver Zero

OneOver Zero , Apr 23, 2014 :
    This is a really marvelous phone that the OnePlus team has put together. The only single feature lacking for me is more storage as many users just need more. Couldn't you have done another 128 GB version?

This is really odd now: I don't know if I really want to sped 299 Euros for a phone that is a steal for that price and has nearly all the features I want, but not enough storage to take my music with me...

10. rishabh0924

jouniawe likes this.
  11. rhiney
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

rhiney , Apr 23, 2014 :
    That is by far the best video for a device i have ever seen. awesome job!!

12. aviram
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

13. robert91
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

14. palmaholic

15. katzoo
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

katzoo , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I don't need so much space myself (probably 16GB would be sufficient, but I'll go for 64 when it's available), but I was a bit surprised to not see microSD slot especially after seeing all these similarities compared to Oppo Find 7(a).

16. Daver_canada
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

17. OneOver Zero

OneOver Zero , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Absolutely. I really expected to see a sd card. Now I'm not sure any longer... Even though it's amazing and all: What is that good for if I can't fit all my stuff into that phone?

Who thinks the same: Please consider voting for a 128 GB version. Sorry for spamming this...

18. asgard666
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

asgard666 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I'm pretty pleased with the result, it is pretty much what I was expecting, except the capacitive keys but those can be turned off.
    I understand why some people might not like it, but for me it looks good. Wireless charging and IPS certification could be nice but I can live without that.

On another note, is there a mirror of the event?, preferably with english subtitles
    I woke up and I would like to watch the whole unveiling.

19. subho90
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

subho90 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Congrats!! OnePlus..its a brilliant device.. Its not launching in India so I've decided to go USA and then buy it (if I get an invite) but I'll buy it no matter what. Congrats once again.

20. Danilo Nunes
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014