Upcoming changes to the OnePlus 5T camera

1. Vguima98
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2017

Vguima98 , Nov 25, 2017 :
    i see now... the OnePlus team loves to stab his loyal clients.
    forget the OnePlus 5 owners who just bought the phone in less than 6 months. update their phones for them to be worst so they can buy the 5t and give us more money.

2. T1511592407291
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2017

iescossia and kevinkrg6 like this.
  3. wanderin.turtl
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2017

wanderin.turtl , Nov 25, 2017 :
    will there be camera improvements to OnePlus 5 as well ? atleast in the upcoming Oreo beta updates ??!

4. GhOsT00712
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2017

venciss15 likes this.
  5. Csigger
    Froyo Nov 25, 2017

Csigger , Nov 25, 2017 :
    I am coming from a Samsung Galaxy S7, and honestly after a few pics in low light I am impressed how Oneplus5T camera is a very strong competitor. The dinamic range not as good as Samsung has originally but with some tricks images can very good. So go guys, push this to the boundaries, and hope we can use all of the power which this 2 camera sensors have. [e]1f44c[/e]

6. kogaya_ma ... _
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2017

7. Tareku
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2017

Tareku , Nov 25, 2017 :
    I saw and know. I just wanted an official answer a bit early lol

leaks my boy :D

Shadow0929 likes this.
  8. A. Ahdach
    Nov 25, 2017

A. Ahdach , Nov 25, 2017 :
    Thanks Carl

9. devmittal29
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2017

10. francoronares
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2017

11. G_Mohan_Reddy_vUNO
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2017

G_Mohan_Reddy_vUNO , Nov 26, 2017 :
    I am one of the 5T user. Phone looks and performance is undoubtedly awesome than any other phones in this segment.
    I am not satisfied only with the camera picture clarity of 5T, not talking about low light pictures. Overall camers pictures clarity should be improved a lot.

I use even Google pixel 1

Google pixel 1 beats 5T in camera segment. Can anyone imagine Google pixel 2 or I phone or Samsung camera class?

Dear OP team, please "Never settle"

12. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2017

jimmmysil , Nov 26, 2017 :
    I am a pixel XL former user which had worse camera sensor than 5t and still could outperform any other phone.
    op5t camera quality is very mediocre and is not due to a bad sensor quality but due to bad software.

Google has proven twice in two years that software can boost a phone's camera capabilities, I don't see why is not able one plus software team to catch up with that.

They are working with Dxomark as it was mentioned during OP5 launch to improve camera quality, that also have partnered as advertised during op 5t launch event with world class photographers experienced in portrait mode and low light photos so we have great expectations from this team. As op5t owners and one plus fans we wanna see op 5t among the top smartphone cameras!

DJ Valente likes this.
  13. ajmerag1
    Donut Nov 26, 2017

ajmerag1 , Nov 26, 2017 :
    But OTG is really bad speed in transfer on my OP5T. Please improve this also and in sunlight the photography is not coming upto mark. This also needs to be improved.

14. Stavan Limbadia
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2017

Stavan Limbadia , Nov 26, 2017 :
    will my OP5 get any camera updates? Software updates to improve low light photography would be highly appreciated. Fingers crossed.

15. Paul013
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2017

Paul013 , Nov 26, 2017 :
    Going to upgrade from my OP3 soon.. It's been a great journey so far...

16. MANYA_1999
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2017

MANYA_1999 , Nov 26, 2017 :
    Who told you that pixel xl had worse camera sensor than op5t?Pixel xl camera sensor was one of the best sony had.This is not about megapixels.Its all about individual pixel size and total surface area of sensor.
    And yes,google have the best imaging tricks.

kevinkrg6 and jimmmysil like this.
  17. theOPlover
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2017

theOPlover , Nov 26, 2017 :
    Are you sure? Because the Open Beta 1 has been released for the OP5, and so far, there is no Face Unlock for the phone...

Getting curious with OnePlus, as to what they have in store for the OnePlus 5 users, ever since they released the 5T, and started prioritising the 5T over the 5...

18. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2017

jimmmysil , Nov 26, 2017 :
    do you have individual info about the op5t sensor and pixel XL 1 sensor? post plz the 2 sensor models here.

thanks [e]1f60a[/e]

19. theOPlover
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2017

theOPlover , Nov 26, 2017 :
    @Carl, please provide the same updates that you are pushing for the 5T to the 5 as well!
    Everyone loves your idea of "Never Settle", so please ensure that the users of OnrPlus 5 don't feel left out, ever since you introduced and launched the OnePlus 5T!
    And please provide Face Unlock for the 5 as well!! It kinda seems a bit too partisan, to only give it to the 5T and not the 5, despite the similar hardware specifications, and the difference in placement of the fingerprint reader! (I get that the 5T benefits from Face Unlock, because of the display and the placement of the fingerprint reader, but that's no reason to remove this awesome feature and not give it to OnePlus 5)

20. doctornagpal
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2017

doctornagpal , Nov 26, 2017 :
    Good to find company progressing and delivering cut throat technology at reasonable price . Hope this continues till One plus 6T or 7T whichever phone will be launched next NOVEMBER as that is the time majority of One plus 5 owners including me will be upgrading .
    At the same time best of luck for ONE PLUS 6 / 7 launching in June 2018 !!