[UPDATE 17/09/15]COS 12.1-YOG4PAS1NO | Bugs & Discussion Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricia24
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 31, 2015

Tricia24 , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Not just you. Same here. Rogers network, Toronto. Also was never that great on OPO, but worse now, as you say.

joephilip91 and SDernbach like this.
  2. SDernbach
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

SDernbach , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Doing a factory restore now.....hope it comes back as a usable phone again! LOL

3. Deactivated User
    Aug 31, 2015

rontom, HR_778 and TForesto like this.
  4. TForesto
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2015

TForesto , Aug 31, 2015 :
    I'm still afraid Chuck, don't know whether to go all in, or hang back for a little while!

5. Deactivated User
    Aug 31, 2015

sickdogg1974 and TForesto like this.
  6. justusp
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

justusp , Aug 31, 2015 :
    I have the same problem. And i only have access to publically managed networks... Have you already found a solution?

7. rajdeepuk
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

rajdeepuk , Aug 31, 2015 :
    I really want to update my phone as I just received a notification on my phone to update it but afraid to do it because of the bugs and problems people on this thread have been having since updating.

If I wait it out to update will most of the bugs be fixed like in a month's time or so?

8. fischfrosch
    Froyo Aug 31, 2015

9. HR_778
    KitKat Aug 31, 2015

HR_778 , Aug 31, 2015 :
    You're doing a smashing job! :)

peigur and TForesto like this.
  10. Tricia24

Tricia24 , Aug 31, 2015 :
    @chuckufarleys

I appreciate a problem-solving approach, thank you. However, this kind of misses my point.

I'm moreso criticizing the experience of having so many critical flaws that prevent my phone from functioning as a phone. This says something not so great about them that they would release such crap. I shouldn't have to spend hours reading 178 pages in this thread alone, trying different things to fix their screw up. It should not have been released in such a state.

Regarding True Dialer, its a privacy issue. Regarding Bing, etc, its having these things foisted upon me, overriding my personal settings, so that I have to spend time sorting all this stuff out, that I don't appreciate. Regardless of how easy it is to remove them all, I'm not happy about having to spend time digging in to find and remove everything, and the attitude of a company that would lead to them making such decisions in the first place.

Its all a poor customer experience. It doesn't bode well. Especially that this also happened with the last update.

I'm looking forward to a stable Ubuntu Touch for OPO. And hope I don't trade one set of intolerable issues for another. My desktop experience of Ubuntu has been flawless. So my fingers are crossed.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015

blueq, MSalam11 and sickdogg1974 like this.
  11. peteski79
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2015

peteski79 , Aug 31, 2015 :
    I updated ota and after 3 days, things look much better than the old build. Probably better battery, video playback issue seems to be fixed, all apps working, no obvious problems for me yet. Cheers.

12. Dougrunge
    Lollipop Aug 31, 2015

Dougrunge , Aug 31, 2015 :
    I'm agree with you, about the poor costumer service of this company. But tag a person in edit post doesn't work genius :p
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/wormhole.269956/page-353#post-9952353

HR_778 likes this.
  13. Pablo17p
    Eclair Aug 31, 2015

Pablo17p , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Guys please, read the OP and use the search tool before posting your problems/bugs.

Most of them have been already said (and probably solved) many times.

Let's try to make this as clean as posible, I think it's better for everybody.

Thanks for all the help :)

TempleKiu and HR_778 like this.
  14. TForesto
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2015

TForesto , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Agreed, its already 178 deep!!

HR_778 likes this.
  15. nirurules
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2015

nirurules , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Guys after updating to cos12.1 , I m facing a strange problem & the problem is my proximity & light sensor got broken .. They are not at all working after a few mins from the time of flashing .. Does anyone face the same problem ..

16. camilacaro04
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

camilacaro04 , Aug 31, 2015 :
    OK, so I installed the update, big mistake.
    I already fixed the LTE issue, but I can't get the dialer to work properly it's always crashing, the contacts are not loading I just get the "Contact list being updated" and it stays like that. Also when I receive a call I can't answer it, I feel the phone vibrating and hear the ringtone but nothing on the screen so I can answer or ignore.
    Probably a lot of people already experienced this bugs but I wanted to ventilate my frustration :D

17. bhyde
    Froyo Aug 31, 2015

bhyde , Aug 31, 2015 :
    I've reencrypted the phone, but I learn now that TWRP can't handle encrypted phones at this time: https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/issues/454 Sad, but I can live with it for now.

18. BELIZEUR
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

BELIZEUR , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge... Which one should I install manually, I mean flashing, I tried it when it first came out and I got a authentication error..

19. hogwarts1982

20. btirona
    Donut Aug 31, 2015

btirona , Aug 31, 2015 :
    So far so good for me. I just got the incremental OTA tonight and updated. It is definitely faster ... noticeably so for me! I haven't experienced any issues other than the minor annoyance of having Chrome home page default to Bing.