[UPDATE 17/09/15]COS 12.1-YOG4PAS1NO | Bugs & Discussion Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoeran.saenen
    Donut Aug 31, 2015

2. ericcjeon
    Eclair Aug 31, 2015

ericcjeon , Aug 31, 2015 :
    I have been 12.1 since the the update first rolled out. it's been overheating even on the smallest things such as watching a YouTube video for 5 min.
    When I was on 5.0.2 it was fine
    Another major problem for me is I would play games for 10 min and it would overheat to 45 C :(
    It goes down a percentage in battery every minute
    pls help on what I can do to fix it :(

@HR_778

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015

Kcchan3012 and Zambrokid like this.
  3. Alexx_mipt
    Froyo Aug 31, 2015

Alexx_mipt , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Updated to 12.1 and wish I hadn't done that....
    1. I really hate that new folders design
    2. What the hell is with this new dialer?! Why am I forced to use that?? Why I have no choice between this Truecaller and good old Google dialer???

Big minus for this update, guys.

btilford and ofirgershon like this.
  4. ericcjeon
    Eclair Aug 31, 2015

when did you update yours to 12.1?
    I updated it twice because the first on one 8/25 had major issues
    I don't know if it did any better by updating to the incremented one on 8/29

5. Prateek Pal
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

Prateek Pal , Aug 31, 2015 :
    I'm experiencing a weird bug in this update which was also there in the 05Q version of kitkat.
    Whenever i turn off my wifi and go to the battery stats , it still shows that in the ON state. I'm not sure if it's a bug but i think it might be having an effect on my battery. I have to either reboot my phone or toggle airplane mode ON/OFF for that to go away. Can anyone here acknowledge if they are experiencing the same bug?

6. ericcjeon
    Eclair Aug 31, 2015

can you upload a screenshot ?

7. hgmichna
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2015

hgmichna , Aug 31, 2015 :
    How can I revert my phone to a state in which it takes OTA updates? I currently have TWRP, and that cannot perform these OTA updates.

I have already flashed the full 12.1 this time, but I want an OTA update next time.

Can the CyanogenMod recovery be downloaded as a TWRP-flashable ZIP file anywhere? That would be a reasonable workaround until either the CyanogenMod or the TWRP programmers repair their stuff such that TWRP can do OTA updates.

Afterthought: I am aware of the setting to overwrite the recovery, but that works only during an update, which is too late. Perfect would be a function to overwrite the recovery with the current CyanogenMod recovery immediately before an OTA update.

8. FTAFreedom
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2015

FTAFreedom , Aug 31, 2015 :
    I don't know why everybody's having so many problems. I'm having zero issues with this new update....Rooted with TWRP 2.8.6.0

muza_1 likes this.
  9. ericcjeon
    Eclair Aug 31, 2015

when did you update it to 12.1?

sickdogg1974 likes this.
  10. hgmichna
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2015

hgmichna , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Here's another 12.1 defect. When the volume rocker is set to control the media volume (not the ringing volume, set in Settings, Buttons, Volume buttons, Volume keys control ringtone volume), pressing the volume rocker shows only the volume slider and at the same time shifts it. 12.0 had introduced the new function that the first press of the volume button did not shift the slider, but called up the interruptions menu.

Now with 12.1 you have to press volume down, then volume up to take the slider back to where it was, then tap the menu button on the right side. This is certainly not how the designer meant it to be. 12.0 worked correctly, 12.1 is broken.

The obvious workaround is to switch on the "Volume keys control ringtone volume" setting, but then you have to live with this setting until CyanogenMod repairs the defect.

11. benjibarth
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

benjibarth , Aug 31, 2015 :
    @HR_778
    I installed the update when the system ask me if I want. And now my OPO don't boot.
    When it restarted it block on the start page (with the logo and "Powered by android"). I left it like this more than one hour and after I tried to restart my OPO but nothing more.

Is it normal? What can I do to use it again?

12. jeanguy2
    Froyo Aug 31, 2015

jeanguy2 , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Hello, downloaded file will go to your "download" folder located: device/SD Card/download. Here is the link to download page for all versions of TWRP: https://dl.twrp.me/bacon/
    Good luck.

Evokkimus likes this.
  13. ofirgershon
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

ofirgershon , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Someone knows aguide to go back to previous version? I hate this version its screw my phone...

14. DiscoVolante
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

DiscoVolante , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Ever since the update yesterday my phone never goes to sleep. Any idea why?
    This is taking a heavy toll on my battery.

15. Prateek Pal
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

Prateek Pal , Aug 31, 2015 :
    The same happened to me too. I had to try it like 3-4 times for it to install properly. If you don't see a green bot in 5 mins, try it again.

16. benjibarth
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

benjibarth , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Thank you for your reply.
    I had the green bot (the little android?) and it was loaded completely but it blocks after when it restart the phone

17. wolfrl
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

18. nino232323
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

nino232323 , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Hi all, i want ask if the power off alarm bug has been salve, because i usually switch off the phone in the night and the morning it will switch on automatically

19. Robson
    KitKat Aug 31, 2015

20. elfoscur
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

elfoscur , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Hello,
    I've installed the full zip via TWRP and now my phone is in boot animation loop. Every time after Android is upgrading.. the boot animation start over and over.
    Someone knows how to fix it without a factory reset / lost datas?

Thanks.