update 5.1.2 batttery drain?

1. ransii
    Froyo May 27, 2018

ransii , May 27, 2018 :
    I updated the new update but there is battery drain.. I used it for half a day and I can tell. I don't know but something's wrong..Before the update even while sleeping my charge was 39% and then in the morning it was 30% and after the update the drain is almost same..when I don't use my phone for more than 30 mins..already 1-2% of charge is gone..I play pubg a lot in this..does it have to do with this?

Praneeth_AR likes this.
  2. Punetm
    Froyo May 27, 2018

Punetm , May 27, 2018 :
    yes pubg is the battery hungry game with great and intense graphics .

borft likes this.
  3. T1524291329661
    Cupcake May 29, 2018

vinaymm and G_Mr_.... like this.
  4. Bandre.vishal
    Donut Jun 1, 2018

Bandre.vishal , Jun 1, 2018 :
    Yeah. Same here. It was all smooth before the update. Now it's heating up terribly and battery backup is just pathetic. I doubt there's an bug or error in algorithms.

DrSparksman likes this.
  5. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Jun 1, 2018

Mr_Cyrox , Jun 1, 2018 :
    So i noticed there are 4 sides of this battery drain 'issue':
    1. I face the issue plz help (doesn't provide any information about the problem)
    2. I face the issue here are graphs and battery usage pics (a rare kind)
    3. I don't face the issue (Owns so called a 'perfect device' that doesn't face bugs at all or at least a minimal amount)
    4. I play games (PUBG and what not) and my battery is draining plz fix (Obvious why is it happening)

I myself go into the 3th category...

And this never changes...
    It happens on every update...

Also while im here read (this goes to most people who haven't seen this thread) THIS to know why the battery drains and ''lagging" is happening after updates but to keep this short...

"When you have recently performed a major update, the ART cache is invalid and all the apps need to be converted and optimized fresh. This is going to slow your device a bit and cause a noticeable drain on your battery. Every major update you'll see everyone complaining that the new update is crap and the old version runs great, and how it was so much better. Now that Oreo is out, Nougat is great and Oreo is crap. How did Nougat become great? When Nougat was released, everyone said Nougat was crap and Marshmallow was great. And every time people complain about the drain, someone else will tell them to wipe caches. What does that do? All the progress your d
    evice has made will be erased!"

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018

Bandre.vishal likes this.
  6. Bandre.vishal
    Donut Jun 4, 2018

Bandre.vishal , Jun 4, 2018 :
    I checked my usage and battery graphs and I noticed that there was some app who constantly trying to connect with Wi-Fi in background. That was the main cause of battery drain. I tried rebooting my device also tried clearing cache from recovery. Nothing helped me much. So I went for traditional way of battery recalibration process. (drain oy out completely and charge it fully in shut down mode). That helped me gain my usual battery usage time.

7. oswald-p
    Eclair Jun 4, 2018

oswald-p , Jun 4, 2018 :
    Hi there,
    for me this version is a big improvement on the idle battery drain. I previously had 0.8 % per hour and I am now around 0.3.
    I didn't noticed any battery drain using my phone either.
    All good to me!

Cheers.

8. T1514393956480
    Donut Jun 4, 2018

9. D1523707387331
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2018