[UPDATE]A horror tale of One plus customer service , Its common !!Op8 pro (Indian unit)

1. am10
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

am10 , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Me too from indore, pls pm me ur number as want to talk abt it n i need to knw abt device as i m planning to buy op8pro tomorrow. Thanks.

2. Sensei_RJ
    Froyo Jul 2, 2020

Sensei_RJ , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 2, 2020 :
    They replaced it on 24 June but the new unit is curse... it has various tint issues. They are not sure about future replacement as it can be same as this. So to my opinion it's not a good time to buy op.

Kitty Kennedy ks likes this.
  3. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 2, 2020

SoniaB , Jul 2, 2020 :
    That is the case under normal circumstances, however we are all in the midst of a global pandemic with local restrictions/lockdowns that will and is undoubtedly affecting "normal" operations.

You have to take that into account.

Mr. BG, Starcommander and Batman360 like this.
  4. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 2, 2020

Sensei_RJ and Batman360 like this.
  5. fahadayubi
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

fahadayubi , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 2, 2020 :
    lockdown is surely to be taken into account but there should be a reply / timeline . Whats should one do if you have your base phone invested a good amount and then no one wants to answer to your queries and service response is like that is my issue and they dont give a damn about it.

Sensei_RJ likes this.
  6. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jul 2, 2020 :
    I understand that and I can't comment for the service center themselves as I do not know what may be affecting their work/services times specifically.

Starcommander and Mr. BG like this.
  7. fahadayubi
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

Can you help me by tagging person looking after service i even have sent a mail to vikas . Awaiting some prompt response .

8. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Even an escalation sent by me, I have to allow for at least 48hrs for response.
    There is no one for tagging here.

Mr. BG likes this.
  9. fahadayubi
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

Can you please explain the escalation process and does the customer get a refrence for the same. The service center rep on phone assured me of escalation that was 4 days back. This wait time of 48 hrs is agreed but a response for the se shall be highly appreciated.

10. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jul 2, 2020 :
    This is how a moderator escalation works.

I escalate the case to the Escalation Team based in China. If it's an India CS case, then it's passed to the India CS team to investigate and reply back to the Escalation Team who then reply back to me with either the resolution or an update on the case.

Minimal response time is 48hrs under usual circumstances. Each case is different.

superplus, Mr. BG and fahadayubi like this.
  11. Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jul 2, 2020 :
    I am about sent my device for replacement and now i am very much worried !...
    What pathetic condition we ended in...
    All the experience store employees told that the devices which are sold in India are free of these issues !...
    We got trapped !...

Nishant2050 likes this.
  12. W1592202668404 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jul 2, 2020 :
    no one seems care switched from iPhone to OnePlus.didnt expect this from OnePlus[e]1f613[/e]

13. SohamMallick
    Froyo Jul 2, 2020

SohamMallick , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Man, even oneplus 8 has display issues. I have bought two device from amazon one after another. Sadly both had issues one or another. Fortunately I'm able to get refund from amazon as they have great customer policies .Totally horrible experience.

14. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 3, 2020

SoniaB , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Update from CS team. Due to the pandemic there are delays currently but they do expect to update you and confirm that a replacement device will be availed to you next week

G_plusone likes this.
  15. fahadayubi
    Eclair Jul 3, 2020

fahadayubi , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Thanks a ton for the prompt response. At least this can give me a mental satisfaction and peace that the same will be available next week. Hoping for the local team to get in touch. Once again thanks for your graceful approach.

sumansaurabh9j and SoniaB like this.
  16. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jul 3, 2020 :
    You are most welcome.

If you do not hear back by close of business next Friday then please do tag me again and I will follow up

Tarun_334, Sensei_RJ and fahadayubi like this.
  17. fahadayubi
    Eclair Jul 3, 2020

fahadayubi , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Thanks got an update from the service center the set has been dispatched and will be handed over in next week. Kudos and thanks will keep you posted.

Tarun_334 and SoniaB like this.
  18. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Excellent news. Please do update once you have the replacement.

fahadayubi and Starcommander like this.
  19. sumansaurabh9j
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

20. sumansaurabh9j
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020