Update for 7T for 5Gz Wifi are not stable

1. swatviki
    Eclair Feb 11, 2020

swatviki , Feb 11, 2020 :
    One plus 7T has didn't receive any update for the 5Gz band wifi stability. It will disconnected for every 15 minutes. we didn't Receive any update to fixing on them. when update will arrive ??? and the device get hot while playing graphically intensive games like pubg, asphalt 9.

2. GabrielB1990
    Donut Feb 11, 2020

GabrielB1990 , Feb 11, 2020 :
    Can confirm about the 5ghz wifi drop and reconnect within 1-2 seconds. If the screen is off, sometimes it just won't reconnect to the wifi.

swatviki and W1nd like this.
  3. W1nd
    Gingerbread Feb 11, 2020

swatviki likes this.
  4. alexsdlc
    Donut Feb 11, 2020

swatviki likes this.
  5. swatviki
    Eclair Feb 11, 2020

6 series mobiles received the update for this issue..... but 7T series doesn't receive any confirmation on update bro.

6. swatviki
    Eclair Feb 11, 2020

That's watste of time bro.

7. swatviki
    Eclair Feb 11, 2020

Restart you mobile bro

8. Ziertus
    Froyo Feb 11, 2020

swatviki likes this.
  9. Claus J. S.
    Donut Feb 12, 2020

swatviki likes this.
  10. Donald Nice
    Eclair Feb 12, 2020

Donald Nice , Feb 12, 2020 :
    No problems with 5ghz and I'm using it only. Also no probs with mobile data. So what should OnePlus fix? If it would be a real and general bug, than much more people would have it.

So it may be a bug with you provider or in your special conditions. Have you send a bug report? If not, stop complaining like a child and do it. Than you will get "your bug" fixed.

otto2 and swatviki like this.
  11. swatviki
    Eclair Feb 12, 2020

swatviki , Feb 12, 2020 :
    we are using wifi bro little time are using mobile data

12. swatviki
    Eclair Feb 12, 2020

swatviki , Feb 12, 2020 :
    you also have this problem in using 5Ghz frequency wifi

C1581534591429 likes this.
  13. Claus J. S.
    Donut Feb 12, 2020

Claus J. S. , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Feb 12, 2020 :
    Apparently you don't know much about this topic. There is a lot og people with this issue, just search in the forums. So maybe you should stop commenting if you dont have anything worth sharing. Thank you :*

swatviki, KevinOrt and Theroncr like this.
  14. Theroncr
    Cupcake Feb 12, 2020

Theroncr , Feb 12, 2020 :

Well this is my first post/response as a OnePlus user and I specifically came to this forum and thread so that I may find an answer to this exact question and problem. If I am not losing connectivity to my Wifi at home on my OnePlus then it is not properly using the QoS and over utilizing bandwidth. Causing my other devices to lose their connections. So at the risk of sounding like a "whining baby": "You know nothing John Snow"!

This is a place that the OnePlus Dev team closely monitors and are usually pretty active. Now that I've officially gotten off track for my purpose of being here. Thank you.

swatviki and Claus J. S. like this.
  15. NumberSix
    Gingerbread Feb 13, 2020

NumberSix , Feb 13, 2020 :
    Weirdly i have not had any problems at all with 5GHz since getting my phone in October 2019, my 7t hangs on to it like grim death, i don't think i have ever seen it switch to my 2.4Gz SSID or drop the 5Ghz once (current transmit and receive link speeds are 866Mbps).

swatviki likes this.
  16. fonteynb
    Donut Feb 16, 2020

fonteynb , Feb 16, 2020 :
    I'm having the same issue. Regularly my apps keep spinning, waiting for data. Turning off the WiFi loads the data and then turning on wifi again, seems to temporarily fix it.
    it's mostly annoying when on a WhatsApp call, which gets interrupted and having to use mobile data to keep talking

swatviki likes this.
  17. NumberSix
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

NumberSix , Feb 16, 2020 :
    To the people that are having problems have you split your 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies in your routers wireless settings? It can cause all kinds of problems sharing the same SSID with the bands combined.

GeekOnTheHill and swatviki like this.
  18. swatviki
    Eclair Feb 16, 2020

swatviki , Feb 16, 2020 :
    but I don't split my frequency then why it was happen???

19. swatviki
    Eclair Feb 16, 2020

swatviki , Feb 16, 2020 :
    ya bro it It's getting over irritated while gaming and online HD streaming bro.

20. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Feb 16, 2020 :
    WiFi in general is flaky, and 5GHz WiFi even more so.

I spent a lot of time and made a lot of money troubleshooting WiFi problems back in the day; and the vast majority of sporadic or intermittent connection problems were due to interference and obstructions, not problems with the devices.

Trying to diagnose these problems over the Interwebs is pointless. One has to be on-site with a WiFi analyzer. I haven't done it in a while, but I used to use Kismet on a dedicated laptop running Debian Linux. We actually had laptops set up to do nothing but that, so common were calls about WiFi problems. Unfortunately, most of these folks had already wasted hundreds or sometimes thousands of dollars replacing hardware that was working perfectly fine. They should have called us sooner.

When mapping the signal in a given location, it was not at all unusual to have connection quality of better than -30dBm (basically, as good as it gets) standing in one spot, but worse than -90dBm (almost unusable) standing a foot or two away, with no obvious difference in obstructions or interference sources. I used to like having the client standing next to me to watch the screen, partly for educational reasons (I like teaching), but also so they knew I wasn't just running up the bill (I billed by the hour).

You wouldn't believe some of the things that cause WiFi problems, far beyond the obvious RF sources like cordless phones. We found problems caused by toys, hair dryers, thermostats, fish tanks (especially for 5GHz), alarm clocks, christmas tree lights... Basically, if it uses electricity, it's a suspect.

And that's not even counting structural factors that can block WiFi signals (again, especially 5GHz) such as wire lath, plaster walls, heating ducts inside walls and ceilings, some vapor barriers, plumbing pipes... Again, the list is endless.

Even human bodies can severely degrade a WiFi signal (especially 5GHz) because we are mostly made of water, and radio waves don't penetrate water well (especially at high frequencies). That's why VLF and ELF are used to send messages to submarines.

So... before you assume your phones have a problem, I suggest you download this app and do a site survey. It has a lot of useful features, including frequency suggestions. But what you mainly need to do is just walk around a while, a few shuffled steps at a time, and stand in each location until you get a read on the signal. Then make a map of the drop points and try to figure out what's causing them.

If you have friends, family members, or large dogs handy, have them stand between you and the router, and watch the signal drop. If nothing else, you'll have some fun. But hopefully you'll also get some appreciation for exactly how flaky WiFi is, and what you can do to make it work better at your location.

Richard

otto2 likes this.