Update on Android 6.0 for OnePlus One

1. slaha11
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

slaha11 , May 6, 2016 :
    That is not what @Tuxedo.Bond asked...

He is talking of the home soft-button options, after you unlock - you could assign three app shortcuts to it in COS12 - no longer available with COS13.... It always opens Google app... what a shame :(

2. slaha11
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

slaha11 , May 6, 2016 :
    I found a way to work around the absence of this nice feature...

Use the App..
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dynamicg.homebuttonlauncher&hl=en_GB

Its free and open source, works fine, you can select as many apps that you want to run.

(Make sure to perform a Marshmallow specific step, to make it work.)

3. ninjasumit
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2016

ninjasumit , May 6, 2016 :
    Post a screenshot of settings -> About phone.

4. thewhofan
    Eclair May 6, 2016

thewhofan , May 6, 2016 :
    I have just realised that the are 2 competing methods for setting app permission, Privacy Guard and Marshmallows own inbuilt system. How do we know which one to use? Does the settings on one override the other? Would conflicts cause issues? Is one more battery efficient than the other? Thoughts?

5. Runge
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

Runge , May 6, 2016 :
    Have the same problem and no backup. Is there a solution?

6. gkirko
    Gingerbread May 7, 2016

gkirko , May 7, 2016 :
    One more snapshot...

Attached Files:

7. rugo3232
    Eclair May 7, 2016

rugo3232 , May 7, 2016 :
    Could I get some help regarding the OTA updates that are getting pushed to my phone which for some reason I was unsuccessful to update my device and from the research I have done regarding the OPO OTA updates and hearing some of the problems OPO endusers are experiencing with the update but not sure why for this because most enduser's lack specifics about their issues, I would appreciate it if I could get some instructions on how to apply the update my device that is rooted and currently running COS 12.1.1 YOG7DAS2K1 and using TWRP 3.0.02 thanks

8. Deactivated User
    May 7, 2016

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016

Pratikmade and jstepa like this.
  9. Pratikmade
    Froyo May 7, 2016

Pratikmade , May 7, 2016 :
    I think the stats that your device is showing is wrong. How could you get 2 days on 29%?

10. Pratikmade
    Froyo May 7, 2016

In settings>notification >app notification if you hold your device in portrait mode you can see all apps and now if you rotate your device that is in landscape mode it will show no apps for sometime and again display those apps. Does this happen to you'll as well?

11. gkirko
    Gingerbread May 7, 2016

gkirko , May 7, 2016 :
    I cannot belive myself... but after after four days since last charge i got this snapshot...

Pratikmade likes this.
  12. gkirko
    Gingerbread May 7, 2016

gkirko , May 7, 2016 :
    I wish my opt behave the same... i tried that 'community build', aka quick cooked crap presented to us by op team to support their promisses and that rom is bad. So i got back to 2.0.2 which is most stable but still only 12 hours for battery life..

Pratikmade likes this.
  13. Pratikmade
    Froyo May 7, 2016

Are you a heavy user or light?

14. ninjasumit
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 7, 2016

15. rugo3232
    Eclair May 7, 2016

rugo3232 , May 7, 2016 :
    Chuck, I don't know you, we never spoke..but it sounds like you have some grudge against me for some reason and not something I would consider that be the case. good day

16. gkirko
    Gingerbread May 7, 2016

gkirko , May 7, 2016 :
    I have to admit, on my opo i am a light user and i have not much SOT.... but this cm13 rom has no issues! No memory leaks like oos3, no lags like 12,1 or huge battery drain..

Pratikmade likes this.
  17. Sarwan
    Cupcake May 7, 2016

Sarwan , May 7, 2016 :
    The only thing that really bothers me, is the search bar in the menu with all the apps. Can't seem to remove that. o_O

18. laxmangutte
    Cupcake May 7, 2016

19. shigs1277
    Cupcake May 7, 2016

shigs1277 , May 7, 2016 :
    I updated to Marshmallow and touch battery contacts sms everything working fine. The only things that isnt working for me is the battery, I am not able to open the battery application in the settings. Whenever I click battery in the Settings, it gives me a message that "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped'. Anyone got any ideas how to overcome this issue?

20. opojohnny
    Gingerbread May 7, 2016

opojohnny , May 7, 2016 :
    Idle battery drain on COS13 is severe. Even when not in use, the battery fully drains away in one day.