Community Hero 2020 May 19, 2020

SoniaB , May 19, 2020 :
    Don't make me the "fall" guy really bad pun, I know
    Lol
    M

2. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series May 19, 2020

jlasensiofi , May 19, 2020 :
    I love that news @David Y. while the information is appreciated. I hope you are well ;)

And at this precise moment I was going to share this article, which although in Spanish, shows a series of infrared photographs from the Life in Another Light Photo Contest.

https://www.xatakafoto.com/concurso...s-momento-life-in-another-light-photo-contest

This gives an idea of the importance that this type of photography can have and that we should not do without it in our OP 8 Pro. And I am glad that it becomes so.

A hug and take great care of yourself :)

3. obol2
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

4. rarog
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator May 19, 2020

rarog , May 19, 2020 :
    The site offers some really beautiful shots. I didn't try to read it (would need Google translate or something), but it's stunning anyway without many words!

5. G_plusone
    Nougat May 19, 2020

G_plusone , May 19, 2020 :
    Thanks for information David :)
    Those are cool shots.
    Hopefully you guys can figure out something to keep the Photo Chrome Functionality

6. Batman360
    Accessory Tester, OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 May 19, 2020

7. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 May 19, 2020

8. Spl4tt
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  9. jlasensiofi

Thank you @rarog, and I totally agree with you. The beauty of eas infrared photos is what I wanted to demonstrate the usefulness of that mode, if we use it as it should. Hence the importance, in my opinion, that it not be removed.

I have created a pdf quickly with the text translated into English, but without too much care. I hope it serves you to a great extent.

A cordial greeting.

Attached Files:

10. G1589291324719
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

G1589291324719 , May 19, 2020 :
    I don't get it, so you'll basically limit the transparency effects and just provide that "colour" effect visible on leaves and what not? That's basically taking away features. I actually didn't care for the camera module as much until I learned it could see through glass and plastic which opens up interesting opportunities.

The pictures of people showing objects being visible through clothes are literally stretching the fabric over the object and even then it barely shows the silhouette. Mrwhosthebose has a video and *clearly* you can't see anything remotely close to skin in his portrait shot of himself. https://youtu.be/V40l25LUoEc?t=488

Just because the media made a big fuss out of it, doesn't mean OnePlus should react by disabling hardware features the customer paid for.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that if anything, I was hoping the ability to see some spectrums of IR light allows for nighttime videography like in those animal kingdom documentaries or even enhance focusing at night by combining data from that sensor with the main one. In short, we should be expanding the feature set present, not deduct from it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2020

11. fragargon
    Jelly Bean May 19, 2020

fragargon , May 19, 2020 :
    Better than words, @jlasensiofi pictures are just awsome, i'm speechless! :flushed:
    here one beautifull

[​IMG]

12. Tobikage
    Nougat May 19, 2020

Tobikage , May 19, 2020 :
    Logical and factual arguments are something the media doesn't care for much if they're getting clicks on their webpage ;)

You just have to wait for that one moron to try this out on a person in public and get caught....they are out there.

13. jlasensiofi

That's right dear friend ;). Surely we will not be able to achieve something similar, but if it were to come off completely, we would never succeed :p:D.

Photos like this, without words, are the arguments that lovers of photography have to assert to maintain that mode.

14. fragargon
    Jelly Bean May 19, 2020

fragargon , May 19, 2020 :
    can't be more agree with you, hope that this filter remains as it is. I would be happy if some days i could shot similar pictures with the filter!

Edit:

that's was my latest try on with this filter (pic has been edited with Gimp)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2020

15. JonnyJaap
    Froyo May 19, 2020

JonnyJaap , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    Omg nice to hear.
    Here are picture from me. My cat in tall grass, and birds in a tree.
    I like how the fur and feathers are black and the suraundings white. Haven't had any change to goo to the city.
    But pictures of water, land and sky together in on picture is also nice
    1589902453237.jpg

1589902453354.jpg

Edit :
    These are unedited picture, I haven't figured out how to edit them to look color.

16. rarog
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator May 19, 2020

rarog , May 19, 2020 :
    Thx for this, I enjoyed the background info!

17. JonnyJaap
    Froyo May 19, 2020

JonnyJaap , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    I'll hope that the update that will address the" privacy concern " will not make this filter way worse. Could not quit read if it's just hydrogen os or also oxygen os.
    There is no privacy concern as you need to hold the plastic device right in front of the camera, tshirt doesn't work.

Bouncer71 and G_plusone like this.
  18. gaster
    Moderator Moderator May 19, 2020

gaster , May 19, 2020 :
    Thanks for sharing the great news David, as well as the superb photos! They really look awesome with this color filter!

19. Black Forest Ham
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 19, 2020

20. jlasensiofi

Of course, yes, that is the correct use and you can make matavillas. Thank you! ;):)