Update on Color Filter Camera

1. araunya
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2020

2. Aman18grim
    Donut Jun 24, 2020

Aman18grim , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 24, 2020 :
    yeahh i believe so, but no such news was available to asian market customers. Came to know about it once i purchased the cell myself after waiting for about 1.5 months . Now it feels bad.

3. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 24, 2020 :
    I guess the reactions in India and China was the most extreme. Too many believed and reacted like it was some kind of x-ray camera due to some extreme cases in very optimal circumstances shown on YouTube and forums. And ofcourse the fake shit that was not even taken with 8 Pro.
    People reacted with no real proof what so ever... And some of the complaining people here just complained and when asked about some real proof ALWAYS silent and with no respons of any kind nor proof...

otto2 and Aman18grim like this.
  4. Aman18grim
    Donut Jun 24, 2020

Aman18grim , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 24, 2020 :
    Swejuggalo

I guess the reactions in India and China was the most extreme. Too many believed and reacted like it was some kind of x-ray camera due to some extreme cases in very optimal circumstances shown on YouTube and forums. And ofcourse the fake shit that was not even taken with 8 Pro.
    People reacted with no real proof what so ever... And some of the complaining people here just complained and when asked about some real proof ALWAYS silent and with no respons of any kind nor proof...

Honestly, i heard few rumours but ignored them cause they sounded pretty absurd to me, but one plus toom such a huge step ...was shocking for me.

5. Ranjii
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2020

Ranjii , Jun 26, 2020 :
    What about a quick fix for those not living in China but got a Chinese model from OP?
    (I`m op user from the very first beginnings...)

6. Avishek2882
    Eclair Jun 26, 2020

Avishek2882 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Color filter camera was very good why it is removed?
    When we are paying such a big cost there must be option for peoples who wish to use color filter camera can enable with the update,
    those have problems simply do not use it !!
    One plus should bring the new update with his photochrome filter back since its advertised on amazon I brought the phone but its disabled!
    why i waste my money if its not available.
    Provide the fresh new update with color filter enabled !!.

Aman18grim and otto2 like this.
  7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Blocking it by model number is the easiest way. I doubt they add IP or GPS based filter blocking system instead. After all it's just temporary anyway.
    If you are highly dependent on it and rooted anyway... You can fix it though

8. Ranjii
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2020

Ranjii , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Yes, I thought about rooting the phone and change the number (there is a fix on xda) but I stuck on rooting the new phone....
    Somewhere I read, its only the stock cam that refuses on China models to work with color filter. A fix would be (without root) to use the cam.apk from an older rom?

9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 26, 2020 :
    As far as I know you can't downgrade in a good way... Simply uninstalling new apk and install a older one would probably just break something.

10. Avishek2882
    Eclair Jun 27, 2020

Avishek2882 , Jun 27, 2020 :

This is what big cheat made by one plus and they disabled it into oxygen os as well in 10.5IINDA update as well.

One plus.in /amazon both advertised the 4th camera work and because of that i brought and paid 60k inr =780$ ,
    In which we received 3 cameras 1 is banned!
    The company should refund 20k inr = 260$ or provide free wireless chargers. 5-year warranty and free battery replacement!
    OR
    simply enable the feature back to the update for the camera so that those who want to use they can use the feature,
    I have no motive to Xray someone to see his body as that can be seen many i think on the internet over websites available!
    I love the images and technology of infrared which captures images like we are in heaven!
    I wish to collect such images in my album and I love to do that as a nature lover.
    One plus broke my heart and scammed such pain and crap and this was my first oneplus device in which i got cheated and i think i will not again buy more phones of this company.

11. Aman18grim
    Donut Jun 27, 2020

Aman18grim , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 27, 2020 :
    Agree with you buddy and the worst part is that no one from one plus team cared enough to revert back.

12. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 27, 2020 :
    It's comming back. I don't know when though.

otto2 likes this.

13. Avishek2882 likes this.
  14. K1592204031313 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 29, 2020 :
    This is not fair. Why should we buy one plus 8 pro if it doesn't have color filter? We have better option at this price range. We need it back again. And yes we don't have any interest to see anyone through the camera. We have best option on internet. Enable it as soon as possible.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020

Avishek2882 and P1590880184625 like this.
  15. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 29, 2020 :
    I used the color filter camera a few times... Fun to try... But that is just about it for me. Possible usable at work sometimes. But I'm more interested in what it can bring as a supportive sensor now and in the future.
    If color filter camera is the only reason for you to get 8 Pro... You don't care about wireless charging, 120Hz, the rest of the cameras, memc, faster RAM...?
    So many seems obsessed over the TEMPORARY disabled sensor... That lens alone is NOT what makes me want a 8 Pro.

16. K1592204031313 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 29, 2020 :
    For this range mi 10 and samsung s10 lite is there both have better feature.

Avishek2882 likes this.
  17. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 29, 2020 :
    Does that mean 8 Pro would be awesome and a beating all other phones if color filter camera were enabled and worse than a Samsung S10 Lite with it disabled?

18. K1592204031313 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 29, 2020 :
    m not saying this bro. I m saying that i am paying money for quad camera and i am getting three camera with one disable camera.

19. P1590880184625
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2020

P1590880184625 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 29, 2020 :
    I know,.I would have bought the s20 with better camera