Update on Color Filter Camera

1. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 29, 2020 :
    Yes but STILL temporary due all the reactions... That TEMPORARY thing is not such a big deal if you ask me. It does not change the fact that the phone is great otherwise, does it? That camera is still just a 5MP with just one single filter using it... I highly doubt that sensor alone is the cause of a big price bump. Probably the cheapest camera of them all.

Right now there seems to be a race of who can bring the most cameras on a phone...
    Give me a team and I create a phone with 50% of the phone back covered with lenses... You would need 10 minutes to find the lens optimal for your specific photo though. Good luck if that photo is of a kid that moves around all the time 😋 I'll slapp on some red, green and blue filtering cameras too just for fun [e]1f609[/e]

Jokes a side... The best lenses are the ones that makes great photos easy. It's easy to motivate a zoom lens. A good main lens too. Wide angle too. When it comes to periscope it starts to be a more narrow user base.... Here it seems to add too much to the price tag to be of enough value for many. A color filter? Also a bit narrow... But that depends on how it is used, what it is used for...

For me on 8 Pro I'd rather move the zoom to the location of color lens. Those 3 lenses in that camera bump is easier to clean... With some cases a clean zoom lens is pure hell. Dig out that debri and dust in a tiny hole... So that is why I use an orginal case. Easy cleaning.

P1590880184625 likes this.
  2. Avishek2882
    Eclair Jun 29, 2020

Avishek2882 , Jun 29, 2020 :
    if you even compare the pics of op8 and samsung you will see samsung and mi have done better ! mi has 108mp and samsung is also best 1st flagship phone in GSM arena if you go and open ur eyes to see. If we invested money on op8pro then for good ram and yes a unique feature color filter which is not on every phone who takes images based on infrared tec and that has very good images and no phone in market for that feature.
    If you want op8 pro only for other things, not the camera then you are the biggest fool in this world i must say.
    like samsung s20 ultra is crap phone heating shit but peoples buy it for 100x zoom if its disabled then think what will happen same as oneplus 8 pro. I hope you got good response for your comments.

3. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 29, 2020 :
    I am regulary taking photos with wife's Samsung S20+... because forced to more or less [e]1f609[/e]. Just today my 8 Pro had a situation that put her camera to shame very badly... and she wanted my pictures instead...
    Saying that one always is superior... I don't see it that way.

The keyword that seems to be forgotten sometimes is "temporary". I get that people that have a special need for the color filter camera is upset... But it is still temporary.
    The stuff written about Samsungs broken camera bump glass issues is not temporary... A disabled lens is temporary.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020

4. Huigiebaby
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2020 at 7:28 PM

Huigiebaby , Jul 7, 2020 at 7:28 PM :
    What bullshit is this! Photochrom would only be adjusted for the Chinese market. In 10.5.10 EU version Photochrom is GONE!!!

5. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jul 7, 2020 at 7:37 PM

Artemus. likes this.
  6. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jul 7, 2020 at 7:59 PM

Bouncer71 likes this.
  7. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jul 7, 2020 at 8:24 PM

8. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jul 7, 2020 at 8:31 PM

Bouncer71 likes this.
  9. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jul 7, 2020 at 8:33 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 7, 2020 at 8:33 PM :
    Keep in mind that the sun was on the way down. Probably better during the middle of the day.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  10. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jul 7, 2020 at 8:42 PM

Bouncer71 , Jul 7, 2020 at 8:42 PM :
    Thanks pal.. :D

No problem, just wanted to check if the red-channels are still present...

Most obviously they are... :D

IMG_20200707_205025.jpg
    Cool..

Second pic of the first set will most probably look better...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020 at 9:07 PM

11. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jul 7, 2020 at 9:19 PM

Bouncer71 likes this.
  12. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jul 7, 2020 at 9:35 PM

Swejuggalo and Batman360 like this.
  13. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jul 7, 2020 at 10:15 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 7, 2020 at 10:15 PM :
    I've noticed that parts of an "normal" photo exists within the picture in a way only photochrom could never capture by itself.
    Small details can practically look more or less unaffected.
    High resolution now but perhaps slightly weaker effect as the end result.
    Will try more tomorrow.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  14. mojoyoyo77
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Jul 8, 2020 at 2:38 PM

mojoyoyo77 , Jul 8, 2020 at 2:38 PM :
    This would be fine, if it were one more option, but in reality it is to use the main sensor, dirtying the image with the colors obtained from the IR camera. Leaving the IR camera completely disabled. A pitiful job.

Please return the IR camera!!!

15. E1594214227258
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2020 at 2:46 PM

Bouncer71 likes this.
  16. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020 at 2:46 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 8, 2020 at 2:46 PM :
    You just said it used the IR camera and then said it's disabled...
    While you can't use it by it's own anymore it's still not disabled. Given the proper situation it's pretty nice. Not that I find it very useful.... But it exists.

17. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020 at 2:52 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 8, 2020 at 2:52 PM :
    Use GCam if using only color filter lens is a must.
    I admit that loosing some features is dull but if I really think about it....how often do I really need to use that lens alone? How often do I need to look as IR light from sensors at work?
    What makes this new photochrom so bad that you need to return it? Because of the loosing the ability to see through some limited amount of plastic? It's cool and all but...

View attachment 1357856

script likes this.
  18. mojoyoyo77
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Jul 8, 2020 at 2:53 PM

mojoyoyo77 , Jul 8, 2020 at 2:53 PM :
    My english is very bad (google translator), sorry
    The camera sensor is now disabled. Now only the main camera is used, taking to a greater or lesser extent (depending on the light) the IR colors, for me the IR camera is disabled.
    The result now of the photos is unfortunate

19. mojoyoyo77
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Jul 8, 2020 at 3:00 PM

mojoyoyo77 , Jul 8, 2020 at 3:00 PM :
    What they have done would be fine, if it were an added option, keeping the above.
    The camera was very bad but it had the genius of transparency and the option to take nice photos. Now it's trash

20. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020 at 3:35 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 8, 2020 at 3:35 PM :
    It blends what you can see and what the color filter lens can see now. So it makes the transperant feature disabled.
    It now makes full resolution 12MP photochrom instead.
    A sample. Green grass. Covering the color filter lens on the green photo. It's still used but in a new way.

View attachment 1358086

View attachment 1358087