Update on Color Filter Camera

1. Bonebreaker777
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2020

2. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 30, 2020 :
    The same thing could have been used when Android droppes features (native block of camera usage for example... I bought 7 Pro and used it... It was dropped in Android 10)... For someone that demands that feature. What would he do?

Buy an app and it becomes obsolete due to not being possible to support an new OS system several months later.. Demand money back even if it was a very modest sum?

I really doubt any future Oneplus phone will get "old" photochrom after those reactions. It's not like that lens alone was 30% of phone value or something.
    Where do we draw the line?

I have personally have use of the IR and see-though effect at work... I rarely use them though. But since that wasn't listed as a feature... I can't really see myself complaining even if it were to be blocked via adb too.

Depending on available light new photochrom can look more like photochroms than "old" photochrom. And with brighter light it's closer to old. Feature was advertised to be used for greenery and nature photos. Some like it some don't.
    I don't like like either old or new. If it truly looked like colorised black and whites then maybe... But I don't like filters of any kind so... 😉

AsianGuyOne, otto2 and Bonebreaker777 like this.
  3. Bonebreaker777
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2020

Bonebreaker777 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Fair comment and definitely level headed. But the use of the lens is not OS dependent. It should be a T&C and up to the users to decide, simple as.

otto2 likes this.
  4. sritejkoduru
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2020

sritejkoduru , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Hey since it's IR camera. Will it be able to capture real time temperature of the object just like thermal camera's?

5. otto2
    Photography Expert Sep 30, 2020

otto2 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 30, 2020 :
    No, the sensor is not compatible for this-you have to buy a Phone with a dedicated sensor for this. As far as i remember some Caterpilar phones are equipped with a proper sensor for this usage.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020

David Y. and sritejkoduru like this.
  6. sritejkoduru
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2020

sritejkoduru , Sep 30, 2020 :
    okay!

otto2 likes this.
  7. sektor710
    Eclair Oct 4, 2020

sektor710 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 4, 2020 :
    right, that's what I'm kinda thinking.

Bonebreaker777 likes this.
  8. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 4, 2020 :
    The new photochrom _IS_ the solution. And since the new photochrom still actively uses the lens as a light sensor it's still not truly deactivated. It just don't use it to snap the picture anymore.
    This is what some would call the least negative solution, at least on the legal/ethical level due to all those reactions because of it.
    Because of this I really doubt it will return as it were before at any time or in any other future Oneplus phone for that matter...

AsianGuyOne likes this.
  9. Phobætor
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2020

Phobætor , Oct 8, 2020 :
    I've chosen this phone to have a convenient tool at work (to set up and check photoelectric sensors etc.) over the Mi 10 Pro. The "new" photochrome renders this feature useless. And since the new design coming with A11 looks awful (in my opinion) I decide to get a refund.

10. hemz65
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2020

hemz65 , Oct 8, 2020 :
    i don't get it bro....can you please tell me the steps for how to do it? i too facing the same issue...but am not using wireless adb ... give me full command to get it back bro
    thank you bro

11. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 8, 2020 :
    https://www.androidsage.com/2020/07/18/re-enable-x-ray-color-filter-on-oneplus-8-pro-easily/

But on stable firmware some users said this does not work. But it works on beta.

That command opens up factory test via recent apps meny. You can lock that app and it will remain open at all times.

12. hemz65
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2020

hemz65 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 8, 2020 :
    Am using stable rom...and I have used the factory camera by the command code...but unfortunately I updated my device then the factory camera doesn't work so I tried the command again ..and it doesn't work...

13. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 8, 2020 :
    Maybe it will work in stable 11 then. It works fine in beta 2.

14. hemz65
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2020

hemz65 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 8, 2020 :
    Ohhh...I hoping so...I bought 8pro because of this spec but they banned it

RomeoD likes this.
  15. Tokolozi
    Nougat Oct 8, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 8, 2020 :
    I think leaves count like hair... They're naked, Sonia admit that you're just a perv that likes staring at trees ;)

Mr. BG and SoniaB like this.
  16. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 8, 2020

SoniaB , Oct 8, 2020 :
    Only in winter :p

Bonebreaker777, Mr. BG and Tokolozi like this.
  17. RomeoD
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2020

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020

18. H1574995089589
    Eclair Oct 21, 2020

19. H1574995089589
    Eclair Oct 21, 2020

20. V1600872627382
    Eclair Oct 25, 2020

V1600872627382 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 25, 2020 :
    Hi There.
    A few days ago I purchase my Oneplus 8 Pro. Super happy with the phone it works perfect super fast and georgeous.
    At the beginning. I start using the photocrome filter and I love the pictures that I took. But since I did the last update the filter disappeared it was another update and I got a few more filters and a photocrome that is NOT a photocrome.
    I read that in the next update you guys are going to put the filter back.
    Wondering how long we need to wait untill the next update is ready? Also I just bought this phone just for the filter and that is very disappointing.
    Hope someone can tell me how long will be untill going to work again?.
    Thanks.

sektor710 likes this.