Update on Color Filter Camera

1. V1600872627382
    Eclair Jan 15, 2021

V1600872627382 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 15, 2021 :
    David Y. said:
    Hi otto, my apologies for any confusion, but this OTA inadvertently went out to a limited number of devices. We will re-enable that filter in the next OTA.

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 15, 2021

Tobikage , Jan 15, 2021 :
    I specifically mentioned it being re enabled to what was the original implementation aka "xray" mode according to the idiots. That's never happened apparently.
    The best you have right now is a software filter to "replace" that.

otto2 likes this.
  3. otto2
    Photography Expert Jan 15, 2021

otto2 , Jan 15, 2021 :
    For a short time there was NO Photochrome filter available for a small number of users, who ,as far as i know, accidentaly got an update coded for the chinese market. Later that users got same mode as we all got now. It s not like before, right, but now we have pictures with 12 Mpixels, which i appreciate a lot, the first Photochrome pictures only got 4 Mpixels and watching them on a bigger display was hurting my eyes. Printing them out was also not a good idea. Now we can watch on big screens and print out, so it s not ideal but OK for me. Ideal would be, if we would get both,but that clickbait blame-hype wannabe-influencers made this impossible. What makes me wonder: Who s crying in their media channels , blaming them , since they are the reason for all this?

Tokolozi and Tobikage like this.
  4. AlbertoVI
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2021

cipikao and V1600872627382 like this.
  5. N1611948280544
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

N1611948280544 , Jan 29, 2021 :
    The only people who are upset that this feature is disabled are people who bought the phone for a perverse reason and now can't use it anymore in that way which renders the whole phone useless too them! Glad OnePlusPro Team did the right thing in disabling the feature. I feel more comfortable in society knowing that someone is not pointing there cell phone at me or my kids to peer underneath our clothes! One Plus 8pro Without this X-ray feature is an Excellent phone that's fast with no lag , big clear screen and conversations, Tons of space for downloads, Incredible camera and video quality and great fast gaming!! I will never go back to owning another Iphone for the rest of my life!!
    Thank You OnePlusPro Team for a great phone and having good business ethics, and I can't wait to get my hands on OnePlus9pro!! :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021