Update on Color Filter Camera

1. SALENTINVM
    Froyo May 20, 2020

3. JonnyJaap
    Froyo May 20, 2020

JonnyJaap , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 20, 2020 :
    There is no privacy concern. For " seeing trough" plastic the object need to be right in front of your lenses. It only a 5mp(?current me if wrong). So even if you could see though a normal t-shirt (what you can not do) you would need to hold the phone right in front of the person.

The media blow it WAY out of proportion, and called it x-ray camera, or something like; the one plus 8pro works better then the old x-ray glasses.
    But it's an infrared lense...

Manoj.sibu and otto2 like this.
  4. JonnyJaap
    Froyo May 20, 2020

JonnyJaap , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 20, 2020 :
    I think there would be a big number of people that would return it. They cant just disable jt. I hope they do some sort of official statement to the public to make clear that it is an infrared camera (NOT x-ray) and that there was fake news(or what you will could it) and leave it.

But still waiting on an official CLEAR statement what they mean with fixing the problem.
    And they should do it fast.

5. meatandy
    Oreo May 20, 2020

meatandy , May 20, 2020 :
    It's not a big issue really , There have been other devices that have had the X-ray capability for a few years already.
    Poco F1, Xiaomi Mi 8

malidan and otto2 like this.
  6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 20, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 20, 2020 :
    Have you really seen a real exposing boob pic that you know for sure was taken with that camera?
    I can see people with so bad clothing choices that I can see both the type and the color of the panties... Should my eyes be limited or banned? [e]1f609[/e]
    Some shirts just needs to become wet and you see stuff... Bad with water? [e]1f609[/e]

7. MrCrazyR , via OnePlus Community App , May 20, 2020 :
    please stop making videos of the infared camera, its totaly bulshit to bann the camera, on ali express u can buy a camera for 10 euro that even go deeper in plastic and other opjects

otto2 likes this.
  8. malidan
    Nougat May 20, 2020

malidan , May 20, 2020 :
    I wonder where this fake news spawned from?
    Its just hype bro everybodys sales are flagging and hype turns a camera lens eveyone was screatching their heads about into this:
    ;)
    Did anyone mention these abilities on launch? :confused:

9. Swejuggalo

Exactly... This camera is not the only one. There has even been a Sony video camera with a powerful night vision that was far more "exposing" than what this camera can do

otto2 likes this.
  10. bobsta , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , May 20, 2020 :
    Someone at OnePlus must have known of this issue before the phones release. Maybe it was too late to do anything about it being so close to the launch date. The ramifications are quite serious if a manufacturer can disable a function with an OTA. I can see a future where phones are sold with minimal software functionality and you need to pay a subscription to the manufacturer to enable a function as a one-off payment or subscription.

Manoj.sibu likes this.
  11. p51d007
    KitKat May 20, 2020

p51d007 , May 20, 2020 :
    You can bet, when Apple/Samsung come up with something like this, the press will call it stunning, what an extraordinary innovation.

I1586608725989 and JonnyJaap like this.
  12. p51d007
    KitKat May 20, 2020

p51d007 , May 20, 2020 :
    Well duh! When you are filtering out all but the lower frequency light, you THINK it will saturate the lower end without compensataing? With the built in filter, obviously, the camera software already does this.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  13. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert May 20, 2020

Bouncer71 , May 20, 2020 :
    Exactly..!
    The fun is that the there's no filter needed with this camera...
    Or no hardware modification what so ever...

Just some internal PP to give the desired look... ;)

otto2 likes this.
  14. otto2
    Photography Expert May 20, 2020

otto2 , May 20, 2020 :
    Issue? There is no issue- the camera works as intended.
    But maybe there are some issues in the brains of some clickbait youtubers / Media writers, who always need some "issue" to get some clicks...

JonnyJaap, Bouncer71 and Swejuggalo like this.
  15. Swejuggalo

Exactly... I'm still waiting on those terrible boob pics that proves their point. You know stuff that actually matter.

otto2 and Bouncer71 like this.
  16. Murdana
    Gingerbread May 20, 2020

17. J1588777789837
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

19. saurabh.swimm , via OnePlus Community App , May 21, 2020 :
    firstly all the reviewers were use to say color filter camera is a mistake from Oneplus. it is of no use. now suddenly everyone is so much impressed by that. and now they all want to ban this camera.
    what I think
    OnePlus should not change a single thing with this camera.
    let's People deside. if someone paying premium price for the phone he or she have rights on all the features offered by the company. instead of working to fix Color filter witch is allready ok, I suggest you guys work on always on display.
    all the other flagship features are covered with 8pro.
    kindly enable Always on display ASAP.

JonnyJaap, otto2 and Manoj.sibu like this.
  20. J1588777789837
    Cupcake May 21, 2020