Update on Color Filter Camera

1. p51d007
    KitKat May 21, 2020

p51d007 , May 21, 2020 :
    Yeah, PP is 2nd nature to me... photoshop since version 5. Personally I think the hype of the "x-ray"
    of the camera is sort of like those silly x-ray glasses that you'd see on the back of comic books in the
    60's. Heck, catch anything in the right light, right outfit, you can make it sort of see though. ;)

otto2 and Bouncer71 like this.
  2. Last edited: May 21, 2020

otto2 likes this.
  3. aki2991
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

4. Thomassully
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

Thomassully , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 21, 2020 :
    You said it was only disabled on China phone but Global is disabled also very dissatisfied Your Pro Camera can't even do a black and white photo not what I paid for.

5. W1590041424961
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

W1590041424961 , May 21, 2020 :
    No No..This is wrong, only this HydrogenOS makes the camera fun, I have purchased a phone with the properties that it currently is, and it is not right if something is removed.
    This is a scam I will demand my money back as well as return the phone ..
    It is not our fault if the people in China are perverted.
    after all, this is no x-ray camera

Last edited: May 21, 2020

otto2 likes this.
  6. Manoj.sibu
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

Manoj.sibu , via OnePlus 5T , May 21, 2020 :
    Thanks to update us about the concern...i request not to disable the whole camera...you can jist restrict its capabilities to see through objects and clothes ...if the camera will be disabled than its jut like the 7 pro or 7t pro..so this not valid to pay more for 8 pro.

7. Manoj.sibu
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

Manoj.sibu , via OnePlus 5T , May 21, 2020 :
    You are right Sir..

8. otto2
    Photography Expert May 21, 2020

otto2 , May 21, 2020 :
    Most of the "Reviewers" ( Not all !!! ) have no clue about camera and creativity- they just do some blah to get a free device and clicks on their media channels to earn money. If they had clue, they would know what technically is this sensor for and if they had creativity, they would find the reason, why Oneplus decided to give us users access to it.

And to be honest- i also needed some days to get used to it- but now i do not want to miss ist,more and more i m checking ,if some situations will fit better on main sensor or on IR sensor.

Unfortunately Oneplus management is still running behind, instead of going ahead- copying Apple and others, but not able or willing to be outstanding. Right now we got something outstanding, and instead of making the way best out of it, they were not able or willing to explain the basics of technology and the idea behind ( creativity boost ) to the mass of users and now they ve lost control over it and lost their faces at all. What a pity.

9. otto2
    Photography Expert May 21, 2020

otto2 , May 21, 2020 :
    No restrictions, please- are we slaves of clickbaiters ?

Bouncer71 and W1590041424961 like this.
  10. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 21, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 21, 2020 :
    I actually found a Indian (I think) woman actually doing some real tests and was able only show a slight hint of the bra... If what she said was anything that made sense I don't know though 😋 My hindi sucks

11. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 21, 2020 :
    For seeing slight hits of a bra... Or what exactly? Have you never seen that with your own eyes? Have you for example really seen some real exposing boob pic that actually have been taken with that camera?

12. Swejuggalo

13. Piyush Moharana
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

14. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat May 21, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , May 21, 2020 :
    Your trolling is too fat, dude...

JonnyJaap likes this.
  15. sfomin
    Nougat May 21, 2020

sfomin , May 21, 2020 :
    o_O:D:D:D:D

malidan likes this.
  16. Kevinbab1990
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

17. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator May 21, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , May 21, 2020 :
    You know how "specialized" websites are, most of them financed by the advertising of big brands, and normally the articles they write are 50% more or less copied from another similar site and the rest is a novel with a little salt. When an article has gone through 5 hands of reality there is very little.

A lot has been exaggerated, it could perhaps work with some fabric and in very specific conditions, but it will practically never, some video even take the transparency of a garment against light, for that there is no need for infrared, you can see them all the summers.

18. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , May 21, 2020 :
    This is nonsense.
    By that logic, steak knives are a public safety issue because someone could go out and stab people with them.
    Do we ban steak knives?
    Nope.. we hold the individuals who stab accountable, without restricting the abilities of those who did nothing wrong.