Update on Rhinoshield Crashguard for OPO

1. twacrs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2014

twacrs , Nov 16, 2014 :
    So, I've been holding off on ordering the crash guard bumper for the opo until evolutive labs posts the design, which was supposed to happen on the 13th. That didn't happen, so I emailed rhinoshield today, and they quickly relied.
    According to the email, they are busy on the renders for the OPO, And they will post on the preorder page as soon as they have them done. it will supposedly be "similar to the iPhone 6 bumper". i will post once the design is released.
    We need 1200 more preorders to make it a reality! Spread the word, feel free to xpost onto xda/reddit/neopet forums/whatever.

Link to preorder page:
    http://www.evolutivelabs.com/pages/crashguard-oneplus-one

ZAR411, gusuraman and Ivanpoocky13 like this.
  2. neugal
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2014

3. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Nov 16, 2014

rritambhar and Nilesh Sajnani like this.
  4. SpadeFire91
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2014

5. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 16, 2014

Nilesh Sajnani likes this.
  6. Ccollado
    Froyo Nov 18, 2014

Ccollado , Nov 18, 2014 :
    I already pre-ordered mine, a slim bumper beats that rubber monster any day.

ultimusrex and Crisisx1 like this.
  7. ultimusrex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2014

ultimusrex , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Glad to hear that a render is coming soon. We will see how that affects the pre-orders, as I can see not wanting to drop $30 on something that NEEDS to look good, but you have no idea what it looks like.

Honestly, 15000 is way too large a goal. There is no way this thing is getting made. I pre-ordered, just in case, but there are not enough people out there with OPOs for there to be enough interested in a bumper case. Hopefully when this fails, they will realize the OPO isn't the iPhone or the Samsung and try again with a lower goal.

8. Ccollado
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

Ccollado , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Well, it looks like that we may be waiting a while for that render. They say end of the week but who knows, that would allow people just one week to fill the rest of the required pre-orders.

I'm getting the feeling that Evolutive is not super serious about making this bumper, which is a shame.

fedexpress likes this.
  9. twacrs

twacrs , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Yea, seems like that. Can't really blame them - they're probably more focused on earning more money off the iPhone models

10. twacrs

twacrs , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Not sure if a typo or not, but its actually 1400

spiderm0nkey likes this.
  11. ultimusrex

ultimusrex , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Oh, no it wasn't a typo. I don't know where I got the extra 12 grand from. Thanks for the correction. Though still looks to be a doomed kickstarter. But I do really hope that it somehow does get enough funding to be produced. I really, really, really want a nice bumper for my OnePlus One! I'm anxious to see the renders when they release them. I feel like they should have just taken the risk/investment and had those renders ready when they initially began the kickstarter. $30 is a lot to ask for an unseen product that is so important to everyone that it looks nice and fits people's style.

twacrs likes this.
  12. ultimusrex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 20, 2014

ultimusrex , Nov 20, 2014 :
    @twacrs, @Ccollado, @gusuraman, @neugal... They just put up the OnePlus One Crash Guard renders today!

http://www.evolutivelabs.com/blogs/news/15850893-rhino-shield-crash-guard-render-for-oneplus-one

It's an interesting design, to say the least. The one thing that concerns me is there doesn't seem to be a very large lip around the bezel, to protect the screen in case of a face-down drop. Also the USB access cut-out looks a bit small. But from reading that page, it sounds like they are still willing to adjust the design... I was kinda hoping for a little more of a lip on the backside to offer that sandstone covering a little protection, too.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014

zasiliou, xavosh and gusuraman like this.
  13. twacrs

twacrs , Nov 20, 2014 :
    That's great! You should make a new thread.

14. twacrs

ultimusrex likes this.
  15. Novaset
    Eclair Nov 20, 2014

16. ultimusrex

There's already 2 or 3 threads about this bumper. I don't want to add to the confusion and get flamed for not using the search function. You could edit your original post on this thread to include the link to the renders.

Yup. I agree. I don't know how much protection that sandstone material needs, but it would be nice to protect it at least slightly. Plus, I am sure that the bumper's material would absorb impacts FAR better than the hard back cover of the phone, resulting in less overall damage in a drop.

twacrs likes this.
  17. ultimusrex

The phone is already very slim, slimmer than many others out there. Adding a slightly larger, more protective lip around the screen and just a slight 1mm lip around the back will not make it any less pocketable.

spiderm0nkey likes this.
  18. justinblaine23
    Eclair Nov 20, 2014

justinblaine23 , Nov 20, 2014 :
    The renders are out!

I think it looks pretty awesome.

Check it out http://www.evolutivelabs.com/blogs/news/15850893-rhino-shield-crash-guard-render-for-oneplus-one

19. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 20, 2014

gusuraman , Nov 20, 2014 :
    It looks very nice

20. (MUG3NHC)
    Jelly Bean Nov 20, 2014

ultimusrex likes this.